SEO is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engines’ by default or un-paid search results. There are two categories of SEO, which are On-page SEO and Off-Page SEO. On-page SEO deals with the website content that is presented to the search engine. In simple words, On-page SEO deals with whatever is done on the pages of the website itself. You can improve immediately in case of on-page SEO. There are eight fundamentals of On-page SEO Optimization, which are as follows:
- Include Keywords
- Keep it precise. Unnecessarily longer page title will not be seen in your web browser or in Google search results. Too long page title tends to adulterate the significance of keyword mentioned.
- Try placing keywords close to the beginning of the title starting from the left.
- Do not include too much of numbers and characters in it. Make it readable and easily memorable for the audience.
- Include the name of your company at the end of the page title.
- Use different page titles for each page. This is how you can utilize all your relevant keywords in driving more and qualified traffic to your website.
Meta description and Meta Data
If you will not use the Meta description for any web page the search engine will automatically pick up the content on your web page and will show that as the Meta description. It is not used for any SEO purposes. A short summary of the web page at the top of the pages source code in a <Meta description> tag is Meta data.
Usually, search engines take the text in the headings as the keywords which is why you are asked to include keywords in your headings if possible. Besides, as far as weightage of the headlines as per the keywords are concerned is given in ascending order first <h1>tags, then <h2> tags and so on. Even <h4> and <h5> tags do exist but are taken as the regular text when it comes to their influence on keywords. It is advised to use <h1> tag only once however if required such as in case of blog posts or so you can include <h2> or <h3> tags as paragraph titles.
- Use keywords in the file name of your image in order to bring relevant traffic from image searches. You need to separate the keywords in the file name with a dash (-).
- Never forget to associate text with pictures as search engine read the text and not the images.
- Images are found to be wonderful source to engage the consumer however too much of image will slow down the loading of the web page unconstructively affecting both the consumer and search engine optimization.
Google Crawl date
This was all about carrying out on-page SEO optimization. Despite of the fact that on-page SEO is responsible for only 25% of your website ranking in the search engine results, it’s worth tackling as can be improved quickly.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.