Dealing with search engines is really a never ending war.
The objective here is really simple; they want most relevant websites to be top on search result page.
To maintain their credibility they keep on altering the rules of the game as many times as required. And, to stay a step ahead, we need to conform to those changes. That’s where SEM/SEO tools come in.
To compete with others, it’s important to have the best tools at your fingertips empowering you to find new opportunities, save time and keep track of the constantly changing trends.
Here are some tools that you should be using as we headed for 2017. For convenience, we highlight which tools are best for what specific purpose.
1# Google Keyword Planner for Keyword Research
A good SEO strategy should begin with keyword research as keywords are the most important part of a website. And choosing a worthy tool might benefit you to discover relevant keywords for your website.
Pricing: Free to use
With Keyword Planner you can:
- Search for new keyword and ad group ideas
- Get search volume for a list of keywords
- Get traffic forecasts for a list of keywords
- Multiply keyword lists to get new keyword ideas
- Free to use
- Offers Deep information on Google
- Unable to track how a website or a given keyword is performing on Search Engine
2# SpyFu for Competitor Exploration
SpyFu is a well-structured keyword analysis tool that allows you to track all the data related to your competitor’s Keywords in both organic and paid search.
By using this tool you can easily get your competitor’s Keyword lists and overviews to their strategies.
Price: $49 – $999
With SpyFu you can:
- Search for any Domain
- View your competitor’s keywords on AdWords
- improve your ranking on your Competitor’s Keywords
- Find out Paid and Organic Keywords
- Export Advanced Contact Info
- Filter Sales Leads
- Export In-Depth SEO & AdWords Advisor Reports
- Easy Backlink Tracking
- Affordable price
- Unlimited search results
- Detailed PPC/CPC and paid advertising metrics.
- No web-wide crawling capability
3#WooRank for website analysis
The WooRank analysis report is divided into eight sessions:
- Marketing Checklist
This instant review generator tool is trusted by thousands of business owners & big organizations and aids you to track your business’s online progress in real time.
Price: $49 – $149
With WooRank you can:
- Create as many website reports as you like
- Track your online progress in real time
- Do your competitor analysis
- Improve your website ranking and online visibility
- Download Reports as professional PDF
- Easy to use
- Picks out most important ranking factors
- Great tool to identify SEO related technical issues
- Excellent professional PDF reports to share with clients
- Fast reports and detailed analysis
- Allows limited number of PDFs to download on standard package
- High priced
- Forceful in terms of upgrade
4#Authority Labs for Rank Tracking
Your SEO will be of no use, if you are not monitoring your results. Authority lab is a great tool that helps you to keep eyes on your search engine rankings. It’s a cloud based, stand-alone rank tracker tool and designed to track ranking of thousands of keywords in a fraction of seconds.
By using this tool you can check the rankings across multiple websites in multiple countries using multiple devices smoothly & accurately.
Price: $99 – $450
With Authority Labs you can:
- Track Results by Country, City, or Postal Code
- Track Mobile Rankings
- Scheduled Reports
- Compare Competitors’ Rankings
- Fast and accurate
- Simple interface
- Keyword historical data
- Export White label keyword ranking report
- Doesn’t associate URL along with keyword
- Price is high for low budget businesses
5#Raven Tool for Link building
Using this tool you can find several opportunities to acquire links from recognized websites, which benefits you to boost online visibility of your site.
Price: $99 – $249
With Raven Tools you can:
- Maintain a consistent workflow
- Manage your team
- Perform competitive analysis
- Manage your contact details
- Integrate your webmaster
- keep track of your link building campaigns
- Manage all your data in centralized way.
- Generate cooperative & downloadable reports
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t go in depth with keyword research or tracking
- Takes time to generate reports
6# Yoast for content Analysis
Content analysis tools are destined to help you to track how your content is performing and how it can be improve to perform better. And, that’s exactly Yoast Tool is designed for.
Yoast is a prominent WordPress plugin that automatically analyzes your website/blog content in real time and assist you to optimize your SEO.
Price: Free (Basic version)
With Yoast Tool you can:
- Optimize your page content, Meta descriptions, Image tags, and more.
- Generate an XML sitemap for your page
- Easy to add Keywords and Meta descriptions
- Social integration
- Easy to generate XML sitemap.
- A bit confusing for non-technical person.
7# GTmetrix to speed your pages up
The loading speed of your website is an essential metrics for its success. Faster loading websites get more benefits in terms of ranking, conversion, better user experience and engagement.
GTmetrix is an optimal tool designed to deal with your website’s speed issues. It’s a free tool that grades the speed of your website.
Not only the speed, it also analyze more than 30 different ways to improve speed and performance of your website.
Price: Free (Basic)
With GTmetrix you can:
- Analyze your page’s performance comparative to the average of all sites analyzed on GTmetrix
- Get Page Load time & Page Size of your webpage
- Monitor your pages and run a test daily, weekly or monthly bases.
- Optimize your website speed on mobile
- Test your page speed from multiple regions
- Provides detailed analysis report
- Support location based testing
- Compare results with other websites
- Through Free version you can monitored up to 3 URLs only.
8#Serpstat to compare pages back to back
Serpstat URL vs URL tool allows you to compare your webpages with your competitors. You can pick out any of your competitors from suggested pages and enter whichever pages you want to compare.
Price: $19 – $69
With Serpstat you can:
- Get a list of profitable keywords of your competitors
- Determine the value of your chosen keywords
- Determine relevancy of your webpage to the search query
- Analyze keyword trends
- Compare your webpages with your competitors.
- Provides detailed backlink analysis report
- Page oriented platform for in-depth competitive analysis
- Easy to compare
- Export only possible after signup
9#KissMetrics to track of your visitor’s behavior
Unlike other tracking tools, KissMetrics comes with a different approach, concentrating more on visitor’s data. It tracks all the activities that users perform on your website.
If you are selling product through your website then this tool is meant for you. With the deep in-sights you get from it, you will able to understand the methodology to implement on your business to transform your visitors to loyal customers.
Price: $220- $700
With KissMetrics you can:
- Perform A/B testing
- Tracks individual and group visitor behavior.
- Collect data from user’s first anonymous visit
- Find out your best customers
- Build better product by measuring user’s interest.
- Detailed view of traffic sources contributes to revenue
- Provides you perfect time to get in touch with users
- Expensive for small business owners and startups
- Complicated interface for newcomers.
10# Google Webmaster to monitor Site performance on Search Result
Google Webmaster is an essential tool to maintain your strong presence on search engine result. It helps you to view your website as Google sees it.
By using GWT you can get a collection of information which can be used to estimate organic search performance and classify any specific regions that might require to be considered at further.
The main elements are:
- Index status
- Crawling status
- Error or Spam
With Google Webmaster you can:
- Get access to search statistics on Google
- Acquire most recent data regarding internal links
- Determine the crawl errors / spam
- Track crawling and indexing activities
- Determine how users are discover your website
- Detect error and spam easily
- Submit bot-friendly sitemap effortlessly
- You can add 1000 up to sites in search console.
The above listed tools have been finalized on the basis of their popularity and benefits. You never know either a single tool is perfect fit for your business, or you end up using more than one.
These are just 10 free/paid tools to monitor or manage SEO & SEM activities. What are your favorites? Share them in the comments.