For any brand or organization, marketing is a vital part. Marketing itself is a very vast and diversified field where promotion, sales and after sale tasks takes place. The main objective for marketing is to communicate with existing and potential customers and ultimately business development. To accomplish this objective, companies deploy strategies such as promoting through ads and establish customer relationship through various means of communication.
Promotion plays an important role in marketing of products and services. Various means such as roadside or on building banner ads, video ads on television, audio ads on radio and various media on internet. On other hand, customer relationship is maintained through telephonic communication, letter posting, gift posting, media communications, news letter communication and emailing.
However each task of marketing can now be performed through internet. A company can use internet for all marketing purposes like promotion through ads and other means, sales as well customer relationship through blogs or emailing.
Keeping the needs of marketing in mind, let`s learn HOW TO DO INTERNET MARKETING?
PROMOTION & CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP:
- The biggest advantage that came out because of internet is its promoting and customer relationship capabilities. For a successful business customer acquisition and customer retention are most important factors. Internet has a worldwide range of communication through a single impression. A company can deliver its message to a wide range of population using internet frequently. For acquisition, marketing on internet gives a company options to choose like publishing banner, image, contextual or video ads, employing strategies like SEO or SMM or direct communication through emailing. These options help a company to use specified strategy upon a well targeted population, e.g. certain banner ads may only target young generation and that can be published on websites maximum used by younger population. This ability makes marketing over internet a powerful tool for promotion tasks. Further new ideas are still taking birth in this sector. Other than advertisement, activities like customer segmentation and profiling, campaign management, merchandising and sales analysis.
While for retention, customer relationship takes place either by direct communication or providing him before sale, on sale or after sale support. On internet customer service is time consuming as well as cost efficient. It can be done through chatting or by emailing. Where as, company websites are best source to provide full information by means like FAQs and links.
- Sale on internet is also a great achievement in the field of marketing. Some firms completely depends internet sales and transactions. Portals like amazon.com and ebay.com has pioneered them in this form of internet marketing. Some benefits of sale on internet are sorted down below:
- It saves initial setup cost and operational cost. There is no need to take a costly office for it.
- Reaching a global audience, thereby increasing sales opportunities.
- No employees for sales purpose are required. Thus it terminates a level of employees and save cost.
- Full information of a customer is available with a data of transaction. Thus it becomes easy for R&D department to make a report that helps in developing strategies and targeting customers.
- 24/7 availability and receiving payment more quickly from online transaction.
Internet marketing provides you a complete picture of customer acquisition and retention. In other words it portraits how a business interacts and influence your customers. Its not that a company should lay down all other options other than internet, but the benefits of it appeals to have faith on marketing on internet.