Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Noticeboard founded by Vishal Gahlaut, Vishesh Dahinwal and Sarath Chandran: Bengaluru-based staff communication platform Noticeboard secured $1.2 million in a funding round from Stellaris Venture Partners, BlackBuck founder Rajesh Yabaji, and Jayant Kadambi, co-founder of digital advertising company YuMe. With this venture, Alok Goyal, Partner at Stellaris Venture Partners, will join Noticeboard’s Board of Directors. The startup funding will be used to reinforce the design team, and to develop new products & technologies.
2) Creator’s Gurukul founded by Abhinav Tandon: Yuvraj Singh financed an undisclosed amount in Delhi-based coworking startup Creator’s Gurukul. He has also come onboard as a partner and brand ambassador for the Indian startup.
3) Thinkerbell Labs founded by Aman Srivastava, Saif Shaikh, Dilip Ramesh and Sanskriti Dawle: Bengaluru-based assistive tech and edtech startup Thinkerbell Labs secured $202K from Indian Angel Network’s Rajesh Navaneetham, Manjunath Nayak, and Anand Mahindra, Chairman and MD at Mahindra Group. Rajesh Navaneetham will sit on the board of ThinkerBell Labs representing IAN. The Indian startup will deploy the funds to run pilots in the UK, setting up a product, sales and content teams.
4) 1mg founded by Sameer Maheshwari and Prashant Tandon: 1mg, the Gurugram-based healthtech startup raised $15 million in Series C round of funding The new funds were powered in by HBM Healthcare Investments along with existing investors Sequoia India, Maverick Capital Ventures, Omidyar Network, and Kae Capital. With the freshly raised funds, the 1mg team aims to further expand its online diagnostics and consultation services in India, specifically in smaller towns and cities. A part of the funding will be used in building new lines of business, introducing corporate wellness offerings for their workforce, outpatients’ insurance assistance for insurance companies, and patient support and loyalty programmes with pharma companies.
5) Jhakaas founded by Jeetendra Sanjeeva and Bharat Mandot: Mumbai-based technology platform Jhakaas raised an undisclosed amount led by US-based investor Amen Dhyllon. The startup funding will be used for technological improvement and upgradation of the application and expansion of the network throughout India.
6) BYJU’S founded by Byju Raveendran: Bengaluru-based edtech startup BYJU’S secured $40 million in funding from China-based Tencent Holdings Limited. This latest round of funding will help BYJU’S accelerate product development for new markets and allow inorganic growth through acquisitions.
7) FabHotels founded by Adarsh Manpuria and Vaibhav Aggarwal: Budget hotels brand FabHotels secured $25 million in a Series B round of funding from Goldman Sachs and existing investor Accel Partners. The company will utilize the newly-raised funds from Goldman Sachs to double the number of hotel rooms on its platforms. It is also looking to reinforce its presence in select cities.
Beauty Service Industry
8) BigStylist founded by Anurag Srivastava, Chinmaya Sharma and Richa Singh: Mumbai-based beauty services marketplace BigStylist raised $1.2 million in a new funding round from Info Edge. The startup funding has been raised via compulsorily convertible debentures (CCD). With the newly-secured funding, the Indian startup is looking to set up shop in Delhi NCR and is also hoping to break even in the two cities it currently operates in, Mumbai and Pune.
9) Gympik founded by Ajay Pandey and Amaresh Ojha: Gympik.com, an online marketplace for discovering fitness centers and gyms, secured $1 million in funding from existing investor RoundGlass Partners. The startup funding will be utilized to expand its operations network to five more Tier II cities and to build up its technology team.
10) Fork Media founded by Samar Verma and Upen Rai: Agnus Capital, the family office of promoters of pharma firm Strides Group invested an undisclosed amount in incubatee firm Fork Media.
Table of Contents