Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) EazyDiner founded by Vir Sanghvi: Gurugram-based restaurant table reservation startup EazyDiner raised $5.85 million in a Series B funding round from Denlow Investment Trust and early-stage investment firm Beenext. The startup plans to deploy the raised funds to expand its presence and to improve its loyalty programme- EazyDiner Prime.
2) Inthree founded by Ramachandran Ramanathan, Karthik Natarajan and Narayanan: Chennai-based rural e-commerce startup Inthree secured $4 million in a Series A funding round from Ventureast, Orios Venture Partners, and the IAN Fund. The startup plans to use the raised funds to reinforce its technology infrastructure, improve its capabilities in last-mile technologies and deepen its penetration in the 10 states where it operates.
3) Observe.AI founded by Swapnil Jain, Akash Singh and Sharath Keshava: Bengaluru-based voice AI platform Observe.AI raised $8 million in a Series A funding round from Nexus Venture Partners. MGV, Liquid 2 Ventures, Hack VC, and existing investors including Emergent Ventures and Y Combinator also participated in this funding round. The startup plans to utilize the funds to further improve its platform services for its clients worldwide.
4) Gamepind founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma: Noida-based mobile gaming platform Gamepind raised $16 million funding from One97 Communications and Hong Kong-based mobile games development company AGTech. The startup plans to utilize the funds to expand its operations and introduce a host of social and casual games with exclusive loyalty rewards to users within the Paytm application.
5) InstaSportz founded by Bigith Nambiar and K R Rahul: Bengaluru-based VR gaming company InstaSportz Consultancy Pvt Ltd secured an undisclosed amount of funding from gaming company Nazara. The startup plans to build up its portfolio of offerings in the virtual interactive sports genre in India and other emerging markets.
6) Novi Digital founded by Aaron Crewe: Hotstar’s parent company Novi Digital secured $73.8 million from Star US. It plans to use the raised funds to combat its increasing losses.
7) Enakshi founded by Maharsh Shah and Namya Patel: Ahmedabad-based online apparel brand for women Enakshi closed their first round of seed funding and raised $114.2K from a private investor. The platform plans to use the raised funds to increase the brand’s visibility, improve their existing logistics & technology, and to empanel more designers from across the nation.
8) GAIA founded by Hassan Yassine, Philippe Cahuzac and Raffaello Starace: Mumbai-based startup for women’s tailor-made western wear GAIA raised an undisclosed amount of funding from angel investor Sanjib Jha. The startup plans to use the raised funds to strengthen its operations followed by planned expansion to other cities.
9) Ultraviolette Automotive founded by Narayan Subramaniam and Niraj Rajmohan: Bengaluru-based electric two-wheelers developer Ultraviolette Automotive Pvt Ltd (UAPL) secured $862K in a Series A funding round from TVS Motor Company. The startup plans to deploy the funds to fine-tune its product engineering work and also to expand its core R&D team and facility. It also plans to launch its first-two wheeler by the end of 2019.
10) Vogo founded by Anand Ayyadurai, B Padmanabhan and Sanchit Mittal: Bengaluru-based scooter rental startup Vogo Automotive raised an undisclosed amount in a Series A funding round from Ola’s parent company ANI Technologies Pvt Ltd and Hero MotoCorp chairman Pawan Munjal. Existing investors Matrix Partners India, Stellaris Ventures, and angel investors also participated in the funding. The startup provides customers round-the-clock scooter rental service as a cost-effective alternative to the more popular cabs and autos.
Food & Beverage Industry
11) &ME founded by Ankur Goyal: Bengaluru-based food & beverage startup &ME raised an undisclosed amount of fresh funding from Matrix Partners India. The startup plans to utilize the raised funds to proceed towards further researches and developments on new formulations. It will be further spending the funds to hire senior management team, strengthen its distribution capacity, and explore options to expand beyond Bengaluru.
Table of Contents