Consumer Internet Industry
1) ShareChat founded by Farid Ahsan, Bhanu Pratap Singh and Ankush Sachdeva: Bengaluru-based Indian regional language social platform ShareChat raised $18.2 million in Series B round of funding from Xiaomi Singapore and its sister company Shunwei Capital. Existing investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Saif Partners, India Quotient, VH Capital also participated in this funding round. The raised funds will be used to reinforce the machine learning and AI efforts of the company, with a main focus on expanding the aforesaid technology divisions.
2) PeopleStrong founded by Anubhab Goel, Pankaj Bansal and Shelly Singh: New Delhi-based digital payments and meal vouchers company Zeta invested an undisclosed sum in Gurugram-based PeopleStrong HR Services for a minority stake.
3) Streak founded by Aleem Mawani and Omar Ismail: Rainmatter, Zerodha’s fund, and incubator invested a sum of $352.5K in startup Streak. The startup had built a platform for algo trading without any coding being required and alerts the user when the right signals are generated, giving an algo trading edge.
4) Green Ideology founded by Abhishek Lodha and Neerja Lakhani: An organic cotton and bamboo fibre manufacturing company, Green Ideology secured $78.5K in debt funding from YES Bank. The startup is incubated by CrAdLE EDII. The startup has more than 60 styles under its fold and also sells in the US, UK, and Malaysia.
5) myGate founded by Vijay Arisetty: Mobile-based security management solution for gated premises myGate secured $2.5 million in its first round of funding from Prime Venture Partners. The Bengaluru-based startup will use the funds to invest in technology and scale to 2 million homes across the country’s top seven cities within the next two years.
6) Keepsake Automation founded by Manan Bateriwala: Robotics startup Keepsake Automation raised $78.5K in debt funding from YES Bank. The startup is incubated by CrAdLE EDII. Keepsake Automation is presently equipped with Six-axis articulated arm robots and has been successful in roping in industrial giants like L & T as their client.
7) Naapbooks founded by Abhishek Jain: Cloud-based customized accounting application Naapbooks received $25K in debt funding from YES BANK. The startup is incubated by CrAdLE EDII. The startup provides an automated process of accounting which gives accurate and secure accounting records.
8) Rubix 108 founded by Anmol Chhoriya: Pune-based edtech startup Rubix108 Technologies secured $1 million in Pre-Series A round of funding led by Polaris Fund. Ayush Kankariya, an HNI, and financial services expert, also participated in the round. The funding will be used to facilitate customer acquisition and enable seamless communication at the school and college levels.
9) Faclon Labs founded by Archit Naraniwal, Rishi Sharma and Utkarsh Srivastava: Smart water management startup, Faclon raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding led by Vish Sathappan, Sameer Sainani along with Neev Angel Advisors on LetsVenture with Paula Mariwala joining Faclon’s board, the Mumbai-based startup is looking forward to using the funds for commercialization and further product development.
10) CollPoll founded by Hemant Sahal: Bengaluru-based edtech startup CollPoll raised an undisclosed amount of funding in a Pre-Series A round from Manipal Global Education Services (MaGE) and a few other individual investors, whose names were not disclosed. The raised funds will be used to invest in technology and to expand the startup’s offerings of campus-related products and services. The startup also plans to expand globally, especially in markets such as South Asia and Africa.
11) Awign founded by Annanya Sarthak and Praveen Sah: Bengaluru-based outsourcing by crowdsourcing platform Awign raised $783K led by Unitus Seed Fund and a couple of undisclosed angel investors. With this funding, the startup aims to expand its presence in 12,000 pin codes across India, partner with 100 corporates and startups by June 2019.
12) RazorPay founded by Shashank Kumar and Harshil Mathur: Digital payments company RazorPay secured $20 million in a Series B funding round from existing investors Tiger Global and Y Combinator along with the participation of Matrix Partners.
Real Estate Industry
13) CorporatEdge founded by Mona Shukla: Gurugram-based serviced offices platform CorporatEdge raised an undisclosed sum from SIDBI India Opportunities Fund, the venture investment arm of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI). The company will deploy the funds to expand in over six cities across the country.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.