Last updated on September 11th, 2017 at 11:25 am
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Canvera founded by Dr.Dhiraj Kacker and Peeyush Rai: Mumbai-based online classifieds platform Info Edge invested $1.3 million in Canvera Digital Technologies. The transaction was made through a wholly-owned subsidiary, Smart Web Internet Services Limited.
2) DAZL founded by Aditi Chadha and Anu Chadha: Gurugram-based DAZL which builds connected devices for women’s safety secured $100K from SOS Ventures, which runs the HAX Growth program, against a minority stake in the company. The startup has been selected to participate in HAX Growth, an eight-week boot camp for hardware startups based in San Francisco.
3) Mobikon founded by Samir Khadepaun: Pune and Singapore-based restaurant solutions provider Mobikon raised $7 million in a Series B funding round from Sistema Asia Fund, C31 Ventures and Qualgro. Existing investors, Spring Singapore and Jungle Ventures also participated in the startup funding round. The startup will deploy the fund to scale up its operations in India, Southeast Asia, and the Middle East in the next 12-18 months, as well as setting up operations in the UK and Australia by January 2018.
4) FieldAssist founded by Peeyush Jain, Divir Tiwari, and Apurv Gupta: Gurugram-based retail tech startup FieldAssist raised undisclosed funding amount in a successive round of debt funding from SIDBI. The fund will be used for the R&D of introducing AI and ML in the existing FieldAssist platform.
5) Aahaa Stores founded by Asokan Sattanathan: Online office supplies platform Aahaa Stores secured $1 million in pre-series ‘A’ round of funding from investor group from YourNest Angel Fund. The startup plans to use the funds for expanding the business across new verticals and geographies, and also aims to realize its long-term vision by reinforcement its technology platform iPOS, mobilizing top talent and reaching out to new customers across verticals via the funds received.
6) Sapience Analytics founded by Hemant Joshi, Swati Deodhar, Shirish Deodhar and Madhukar Bhatia: New York and Pune-based People Analytics Solution Company Sapience Analytics secured an undisclosed amount of funding led by Credit Suisse Asset Management’s NEXT Investors. The fund will be mainly utilized to accelerate Sapience Analytics’ expansion into the US market.
7) Snaptrude founded by Altaf Ganihar: Intelligence-enabled 3D rapid modeling solution for real estate projects, Snaptrude raised an undisclosed amount of funding led by Brigade Enterprises Ltd.
8) Medgenome founded by Sam Santhosh: Bengaluru-based genomics research and Diagnostics Company MedGenome raised $30 million in Series C financing from Sequoia India and Sofina s.a. The startup funding round also saw participation from Zodius Capital, Kris Gopalakrishnan of Infosys, and Lakshmi Narayanan, former CEO of Cognizant. The Indian startup will deploy the funds to accelerate development of its affordable diagnostics tests and will hold market penetration by increasing customer awareness on the importance of genetic tests. Also, the funding will be used to broaden biomarker discovery programmes.
9) CureFit founded by Ankit Nagori and Mukesh Bansal: Bengaluru-based fitness startup CureFit raised $25 million in Series B round of funding led by existing investors Accel Partners, IDG Ventures, Kalaari Capital and UC-RNT fund. The startup funding will be utilized to expand the company’s geographical footprint in the country and scale-up its business verticals.
10) Doxper founded by Randeep Singh, Pawan Jain, and Shailesh Prithani: Healthtech IoT startup Doxper raised $750K in a Seed round of funding led by Vidal Health and Growx ventures. Other investors who participated in the startup funding round include Capier Investments, Globevestor as well as private individuals in the medical space. The startup funding will be utilized to scale up operations and improve the technology platform.
11) Mfine founded by Ashutosh Lawania and Prasad Kompalli: Mfine, a new on-demand doctor consultation start-up by two former Myntra executives secured $1.5 million from VC firm Stellaris Venture Partners. The company will launch its app in Bengaluru this month. It will offer remote, on-demand consultation with doctors at hospital chains and single hospitals in the city.
12) Medinfi founded by Ravi Shankar Mishra: Bengaluru-based Medinfi Healthcare Pvt Ltd, a platform for searching doctors and hospitals through web and mobile app, secured $100K in an angel round of funding. The startup will utilize the funding to expand its user base to 50 cities in India.
13) Treebo Hotels founded by Rahul Chaudhary, Sidharth Gupta and Kadam Jeet Jain: Bengaluru-based budget hotel chain Treebo Hotels raised $34 million in its Series C round of funding led by Hong Kong-based investment firms Ward Ferry Management and Karst Peak Capital. Existing investors SAIF Partners, Matrix Partners India and Bertelsmann India Investments also participated in the funding round of the startup. The startup funding will be deployed in improving customer experience, building a stronger brand, support its technology team and expanding its footprint in existing and new cities.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.