- Original digital video content now accounts for 44% of the budget, up from 38% two years ago.
- 2017’s video advertising spend is $13.23 billion, and projected to reach $22.18 billion by 2021.
- 6 out of 10 YouTube subscribers say their view of a brand or company has been influenced by a creator.
- By 2019, video will account for 80% of global internet traffic.
- 70% of marketers plan to use social video ads in the next 12 months.
- 63% of media buyers plan to spend more overall on all digital video and 62% on mobile video.
- Native advertising now accounts for 32% of the dollars spent on original digital video.
- In 2020, video will account for 23.2% of marketing spend, compared with 17.7% in 2015.
- Video ads have an average click-through rate of 1.84% – higher than any other digital format.
- The average Internet user spends over 16 minutes watching online video ads every month.
- 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers in the future.
- 52% of marketers believe that video is effective for brand awareness.
- Advertisers and media buyers have increased their investments in original digital video programming by 114% over the past two years.