Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Zoomcar founded by David Back and Greg Moran: Bengaluru-based Zoomcar raised $40 million in a Series C funding round from Mahindra & Mahindra. Zoomcar’s capital raise will be deployed mainly for accelerating its marketplace supply growth, improving its lead within applied IoT technologies, and expanding into additional mobility categories across India.
2) PetSutra founded by Amol Sharma: New Delhi-based niche pet startup PetSutra raised $147.7K led by undisclosed angel investors whose names were not disclosed. The raised funds will be used towards expanding its brand presence across India and globally, thereby increasing the customer base around the globe.
3) Wydr founded by Matthias Dörner and Timo Hahn: Mobile-based B2B marketplace Wyder secured an undisclosed amount in a fresh round of funding from its existing investors. The startup will use these funds to strengthen its seller base, set up pan-India offices and improve its product and technology load to penetrate deeper in the Indian wholesale market.
4) Infibeam founded by Sachin Dalal: Infibeam secured $6.2 million from Network 18 by issuing the Preferential shares in form of fully convertible warrants via its subsidiary TV18 Broadcast Ltd.
5) HackerRank founded by Harishankaran Karunanidhi and Vivek Ravisankar: Coding talent evaluation platform HackerRank secured $30 million in Series C funding from JMI Equity. Existing investors, including Khosla Ventures, Battery Ventures, Randstad Innovation Fund and Chartline Capital Partners, also participated in the round. The funding will be utilized to accelerate its growth in the enterprise, expand and support its growing community of more than 3.4 million developers, and advance its data science research and development.
6) Pandorum founded by Tuhin Bhowmick: Bengaluru-based biotech startup Pandorum Technologies secured $3.2 million in its Series A funding from Binny Bansal, Indian Angel Network (IAN) and other high net worth individuals (HNIs). The startup has already received $1.2 million and the remaining amount will come in tranches.
7) Awaaz De founded by Neil Patel and Tapan Parikh: Awaaz De Infosystems Pvt. Ltd, a startup providing mobile solutions to enterprises that focus exclusively on social programmes, raised an undisclosed amount of funds from angel investors rounded up by Tribe Impact Capital LLP. The angel investors include Takeshi Kato, Paula Mariwala, Prashant Adurty, Stanford Angels & Entrepreneurs India.
8) MoneyOnMobile founded by Jolly Mathur, Rajat Sharma, Ranjeet Oak and Shshank Joshi: Mumbai-based fintech startup MoneyOnMobile raised $5 million in Series H funding from Russia-based private aviation and aerospace holding company S7 Group. The development comes just two weeks after the startup secured $7.6 million Series F funding from undisclosed investors. The capital infusion will allow MoneyOnMobile to drive growth across its range of products.
9) Cashify founded by Mandeep Manocha and Nakul Kumar: Cashify, an online used phone platform raised close to a million dollar in a venture debt funding round from Trifecta Capital. The startup will use these funds to meet its growing working capital requirements.
10) Eduvanz Financing founded by Varun Chopra: Mumbai-based edtech startup Eduvanz Financing raised $500K in a round of funding round led by Blinc Advisors. The startup aims to use the funds for strengthening its AI-based lending technology for loan appraisal and expand its operations across the country.
11) Fincash founded by Gaurav Perti and Pawan Kumar: Mumbai- based fintech startup Fincash raised $150K in a funding round from Angel investors. The startup will use this investment to expand it’s product solutions, customer base and widen the reach of its financial services across the country.
12) IMAX Program founded by Naveen Mandava and Varun Kumar: Bengaluru-based edtech startup IMAX Program secured $13.5 million funding from the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation, LGT Impact Venture, and Aspada. The startup will deploy the funding for product innovation and expansion of IMAX Program’s customer base through multiple distribution channels and to team up with school publishers globally.
13) Littlemore founded by Padmanabhan Anand , Srikanth Ganesan, and Tathagata Guha Roy: Singapore- and Chennai-based edtech startup Littlemore Innovation Labs raised $3 million funding from Centrum Group’s PE fund Kalpavriksh. The company is planning to use the newly-secured capital to fund research and development activities.
14) Holachef founded by Anil Gelra and Saurabh Saxena: Food-tech startup Holachef raised $311K led by Ashok Kumar Gajera, director at Mumbai-based Laxmi Diamond Pvt Ltd at an estimated valuation of $27.4 million.
Table of Contents