- Google launched its AdSense program, initially named content targeting advertising in March 2003.
- AdSense is a free, simple way to make money by placing ads on your website.
- Google sells your advertising space for you.
- Google doesn’t allow you to open Google ads in a new browser window.
- AdSense Earning = Impression-count x Click-through-rate x Cost-per-click x smart-pricing-factor.
- CTR can range from 0.1% to 30%, but most commonly around 1% to 10%.
- Google AdSense customer support doesn’t have a telephone number.
- Reports on impressions and clicks are usually updated every fifteen to thirty minutes.
- CPM ads can be either text or image ads and are always site-targeted.
- The AdSense crawler is different from the Google crawler.
- You can put up to 3 AdSense units on a page.
- On 2015 earnings from AdSense was $15 billion which represents around 23% of Google’s revenue.
- Publishers receive 68% of the revenue and Google 32%.
- The cost per click calculation is based on an auction type system.
- AdSense besides content web sites is also available for games, videos, mobiles and search products.