Last updated on October 6th, 2016 at 11:56 am
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Let’s Barter founded by Sahil Dhingra and Pooja Bhayana: Tech-based bartering platform Let’s Barter, raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding led by VC firm Scale Ventures, and Sanjay Choudhary. The raised fund will be utilized to scale up its operations across different cities of India and for expansion of its team.
2) Eventjini founded by Sandilya Venkatesh: Chennai-based ticketing platform Eventjini, raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Mumbai-based end-to-end sports management company Procam International. With this funding, Procam acquired a 26% stake in the company.
3) TinyStep founded by Suhail Abidi: This Bangalore-based parenting social network TinyStep has raised $240K in funding from one of its existing investors, Flipkart. Post the deal, Flipkart’s holding in the company increased to 47.19% stake.
4) Canvs founded by Debprotim Roy: An online community of designers and artists Canvs, raised an undisclosed investment from Pratik Seal, former CMO at Housing.com. Prior to this, Canvs had received an investment of approx. $150K from multiple HNIs.
5) Instacar founded by Ishan Vyas, Anurag Gupta and Priyanshi Choubey: Indore-based online outstation taxi marketplace InstaCar, raised $1 million seed funding led by Hong Kong-based Swastika Co Ltd. Within two months of its launch, the startup claims to have on-boarded over 500 cars in Madhya Pradesh.
6) Celes Care founded by Raghu Bathina: Virtual health clinic for women Celes Care, raised $1 million in an angel round of funding from early-stage venture capital firm Endiya Partners and a few affluent individuals. The funds will be used for technology enhancement, marketing, and brand building.
7) Unocoin founded by Sathvik Vishwanath, Abhinand Kaseti, Sunny Ray and Harish B V: Bitcoin startup Unocoin, raised $1.5 million in a private equity round of funding led by Blume Ventures, Mumbai Angels and ah! Ventures. The round also saw participation from a few international investors such as Digital Currency Group, Boost VC, Bank to the Future, Bitcoin Capital, and FundersClub.
8) Demyto founded by Kaustubh Konkar and Ulhas Pandit: Cybage co-founder Deepak Nathani has invested an undisclosed amount in Pune-based vehicle maintenance startup Demyto for a 20% stake in the company. Demyto offers after sales service for vehicles through registered dealers.
9) Kalaage founded by Raghav Sharma: Social networking platform for writers Kalaage, raised undisclosed amount of funding from Rajasthan Angel Innovators Network. The funding will be used to enhance its technology and collaborations with publications and writing communities. It will also be used to expand its marketing and operations in the South Asian market and enter the North American market as well.
10) Beardo founded byAshutosh Valani and Priyank Shah: Actor Suniel Shetty-backed men’s grooming brand Beardo, raised $500K Seed funding from Venture Catalysts. Others who participated in the round were Raj Vazirani from RHV enterprise; Siddharth Somaiya of Godavari Biorefineries & Somaiya Group; Anuj Golecha and Apoorv Ranjan Sharma, co-founders of Venture Catalysts (VCats).
11) Promon founded by Sahil Guleria: Online deals and marketing platform PromOn, raised a bridge round of $180K from Now Capital. With this, Sahil Baweja and Ankit Gupta from Now Capital have joined Promon as directors and will be helping them in forming corporate strategies.
12) Fastudent founded by Geetanjali Khanna: This Noida-based education supplies marketplace Faststudent, raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from a group of investors. Kanwaljit Singh of Fireside Ventures; Ajay Lakhotia, former Vertex Venture Director; Pavan Ongole, former SoftBank Director; and Ashish Gupta, Trustee Ashoka University and former COO of eValueServe participated in this round. The raised fund will be utilized to expand into Mumbai, Bengaluru, Pune etc., and strengthen its technology platform.
13) InMotion founded by Durgesh Nandann: Noida-based Fin-tech startup InMotion Media Ventures Pvt. Ltd has received an undisclosed amount of funding from online drug marketplace 1mg’s founders Prashant Tandon and Gaurav Agarwal. The funds will be used for expansion of its network and operations to Tier II and Tier III cities in north India.
14) Druva founded by Jaspreet Singh and Milind Borate: Cloud data protection and information management company Druva, raised $51 million in funding that will further drive the company’s global objective to transform the way enterprises protect and manage information. Singapore-based EDBI, as well as Blue Cloud Ventures and Hercules Capital participated in the funding along with existing investors Sequoia, NTT Finance, Nexus Venture Partners and Tenaya Capital.
15) Zeta founded by Bhavin Turakhia and Ramki Gaddipati: Mumbai-based Zeta, an enterprise cloud solutions company, raised $25 million funding in the current and next financial year from Directi‘s CEO Bhavin Turakhia to scale up its business. Zeta offers tax savings to employees on fuel, communication, meal, medical, gifts and gadget reimbursements.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.