Last updated on June 18th, 2018 at 01:23 pm
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Amazon Retail India founded by Jeff Bezos: Amazon has financed $1.5 million in its Indian food retail arm, Amazon Retail India. After facing delays due to government norms in February, Amazon Retail has started its pilot services in Pune. It will now sell locally made and packaged food to consumers directly and is looking to completely roll out its food selling business in the country within a quarter.
2) ClearDekho founded by Shivi Singh and Saurabh Dayal: Delhi based budget eyewear brand, Clear Dekho raised $297.7K in a pre-Series A funding round from Venture Catalysts. The startup plans to utilize the funding to fuel their expansion, strengthen back-end and to boost their marketing initiatives. The company further plans to launch 100 stores before December 2018 and have 500 stores operational across India within the next two years.
3) Kashmir Box founded by Muheet Mehraj: Online handicrafts and handlooms marketplace, Kashmir Box raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Bhairavi Jani (SCA Group director), Alok Divatia (LG India ex-marketing head), Namrata Koul (Deutsche Bank ex-MD ), Sohail Hashemi (Amazon US software development manager), and Kashmir-based handicraft exporter Aijaz Saleem. The Kashmiri startup goals to make a boosted effort in digital marketing and expand its reach to include 30K artisans & 6K farmers.
4) Meesho founded by Sanjeev Barnwal and Vidit Aatrey: Social commerce startup Meesho based out of Bengaluru raised $11.5 million in a Series B funding round from Sequoia Capital. Existing investor SAIF Partners also participated in the newest equity funding round. The startup plans to use the funds to rise up its tech platform and to strengthen its employee base across critical functions, such as product, supply, and technology.
5) DigiConnectt founded by Prrashanth H. Nagaraj and Uma Dakshinamurthy: Bengaluru-based analytics and AI company DigiConnectt secured $125K in a Seed funding round from the US-based transport management solutions leader Aspire Logistics LLC at a pre-market evaluation of $5 million. The startup will capitalize the funds towards product innovation, for team expansion and to merge its research capabilities.
6) Inntot Technologies founded by Rajith Nair: Software Defined Radio (SDR) startup Inntot Technologies raised an undisclosed amount of funding in a seed funding round from Unicorn Ventures. The Kerala based startup plans to deploy the funds raised for acquiring hi-tech testing equipment, boosted marketing efforts, solution field testing and hiring key personnel.
7) Orbo founded by Manoj Shinde: Mumbai-based computer vision and AI imaging startup Orbo received an undisclosed amount of funding from the London-based Founders Factory in a Seed round. Founders Factory will form a customized plan to support Orbo. The startup is all set to scale at a quick pace to new markets.
8) Reculta founded by Kajal Malik: Delhi based HR Tech startup Reculta received seed funding from CIIE Initiatives. The startup plans to deploy the funds for expanding its sales & marketing efforts within & outside of India and build their tech capabilities in ML to deliver personalized insights to the users of the platform. The startup is building a campus hiring marketplace with an aim to simplify the placement/hiring processes for its principal stakeholders.
9) Avi Networks founded by Murali Basavaiah, Ranga Rajagopalan, Umesh Mahajan, and Guru Chahal: Avi Networks, California-based application delivery platform raised $60 million in Series D funding led by Cisco Investments along with DAG Ventures, Greylock Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and Menlo Ventures in an oversubscribed round. The startup targets to continue its efforts to deliver elasticity, intelligence, and multi-cloud capabilities to enterprises.
10) Crowdera founded by Chet Jain: California and India based fintech startup Crowdera raised an undisclosed amount of funding as a part of its recent Pre-Series funding round. Anil Advani (the Silicon Valley startup attorney), Pramod Jain, Amrendra Reddy and Manish Satnaliwala( angel investors from Singapore) and Anand Daga (SME IPO specialist from Central India) were the prominent investors in this round. The startup plans to deploy the funding to propel the early stage growth and amplify the overall impact by improving the product and scaling customer success activities.
11) Paytm Money founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma: One97 Communications, the Paytm’s parent company invested $1.3 million in its wealth management unit Paytm Money. Bengaluru based Paytm Money wishes to increase the size of the wealth-management customer base and bring simple and easy-to-understand wealth products to consumers.
12) Zoctr founded by Nidhi Saxena: Healthtech startup Zoctr Health raised an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A funding led by NB Ventures, Dubai and a host of other angel investors including Udaipur Angel Network etc. The Mumbai based startup plans to use the funds to build deeper technology and domain expertise. The startup is also looking to enter the home cancer care and chemotherapy market.
13) Hey Deedee founded by Jagdish Gothi and Revathi Roy: Hey Deedee, India’s only all-women last mile logistic services company raised pre-seed funding of $ 500K from Metaform Ventures LLC of an undisclosed sum of funding. The Delhi based startup plans to use the funds for expansion of footprint, gaining bandwidth and building technology. The startup aims to grow from current four cities to 10 cities in this calendar year 2018.
14) Locus founded by Nishith Rastogi: Bengaluru based logistics startup, Locus raised $4 million in a pre-Series B round of funding from Rocketship.vc, Recruit Strategic Partners, pi Ventures, and Hemendra Kothari of DSP Group. The startup plans to use the funds to build intellectual property (IP) and to expand globally. Locus visualizes to automate all human decisions involved in the logistics sector.
15) Sports Flashes founded by Raman Raheja: New Delhi based startup Sports Flashes raised $1 million in a Pre-Series A round from SRI Capital. The startup aims to be amongst the best sports content platforms in the country. The company would be using the investments in expanding their business with impactful and strategic initiatives.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.