Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Cube Consumer Services founded by Satyen Kothari: Mobile banking portal operator Cube Consumer Services Pvt. Ltd, which was launched by the co-founder of online payments company Citrus Pay, Satyen Kothari, secured its first external funding.
2) Nivesh founded by Anurag Garg and Sridhar Srinivasan: Noida-based mutual fund investment platform Nivesh secured a seed round of funding from VCCircle founder PV Sahad, former Head of Investor Relations at Infosys Sandeep Shroff, and Right Global Infosolutions CEO Rahul Gupta. With the raised funds, the startup aims to work with a network of partners across cities and is also looking make the platform available in multiple languages.
3) SimpliLend founded by Puneet Gupta: Delhi-based yet-to-be-launched online lending platform SimpliLend secured an undisclosed amount in an angel funding round from two HNIs based out of Singapore and India. The startup will deploy the funds to ramp up its technology platform.
4) Supr Daily founded by Puneet Kumar and Shreyas Nagdawane: Subscription-based micro delivery startup Supr Daily secured $1.5 million funding from a clutch of Silicon Valley investors – including Y Combinator partners Paul Buchheit and Jared Friedman. The round also saw the participation of Soma Capital, Great Oaks Ventures, 122 West Ventures, and RedMart founder Roger Egan. Supr Daily was a part of Y Combinator’s mentorship programme W’17 batch.
5) Cozee Homes founded Ajay Kumar and Balaji Varadharajan: Bengaluru-based Cozee Homes, a managed home rental platform secured $155K in a seed round of financing from angel investors. The startup funding round was led by Ramaswamy Varadharajan, ex-MD of Gulfspic, Naveen Kumar, Partner, MBM Constructions, and Balan of Udhayam group of hotels. The company will deploy the money raised to continue its expansion into Bengaluru and Chennai, as well as ramp up its offering for home-owners and tenants.
6) SastaSundar founded by BL Mittal: Japan-based pharmaceutical company Rohto Pharmaceutical invested $5 million in online pharmacy SastaSundar Healthbuddy Limited – an Indian startup. With this funding, Rohto will assist SastaSundar in scaling its operations pan-India.
7) Magicpin founded by Anshoo Sharma and Brij Bhushan: The third-biggest Indian startup funding of the week was Magicpin’s $7 million Series B round of funding led by existing investor Lightspeed India Partners, Waterbridge Ventures, and two global family offices. The round also saw participation from Srivatsan Rajan, (Chairman of Bain and Co India) and Sahil Barua (CEO of Delhivery). The startup will deploy the newly raised funds to enhance the product, strengthen the leadership team, and to expand across categories and geographies.
8) WowFlux founded by Akash Verma: WowFlux is an image processing company based out of New Delhi raised an undisclosed amount of a seed funding from undisclosed investors.
9) LeadSquared founded by Nilesh Patel, Sudhakar Gorti, and Prashant Singh: Silicon Valley-based tech entrepreneur Jyoti Bansal made an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A investment in Indian startup LeadSquared. The startup is into sales and marketing execution and Bansal is also likely to float a venture fund as well.
10) Collateral Medical founded by Nikhilesh Tiwari: Mumbai-based healthtech startup Collateral Medical raised $3.5 million its Series A round of funding from PE fund, Carpediem Capital. Intellecap’s Investment Banking Group acted as advisors for the deal. The Indian startup will use the raised funds towards scaling distribution capabilities, expansion of its service network, and further enhancing IT infrastructure.
11) LoadShare founded by Raghuram Talluri, Tanmoy Karmakar and Rakib Ahmed: Bengaluru-based logistics startup LoadShare raised an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A funding from Matrix Partners India. The startup funding will be utilized for the expansion of engineering and operations, apart from improving its technology.
Food & Beverage Industry
12) Swiggy founded by Sriharsha Majety, Nandan Reddy and Rahul Jaimini: The online food delivery startup raised $80 million Series E funding from South African Internet and media conglomerate Naspers. Existing investors Accel India, SAIF Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Harmony Partners, and Norwest Venture Partners also participated in the round. The current round pegged the valuation of the Indian startup at about $400 million.
13) Tripeur founded by Thiagarajan Rajagopalan and Sajit Chacko: Bengaluru-based travel ERP startup Tripeur raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Grace Techno Ventures LLP, Rajul Garg and a few other undisclosed angels. The startup will use the secured funds for product development, ramping up its technology infrastructure and sales and marketing teams.
Beauty & Wellness Industry
14) Adesaa Wellness founded by Samidha Rasaikar, Juned Khan, Amjad Waghu: Indian startup Adesaa Wellness raised an undisclosed amount of funding led by angel investors. The startup plans to use the funds for growth and is planning to hire certified yoga teachers as well as nutritionists.
15) Zooty founded by Shantanu Jha: Mumbai-based beauty service app Zooty raised an undisclosed follow on startup funding round from existing and new ventures.
Table of Contents