- 81% of people only browse the content they read online.
- 5% of marketers say that original graphics, like infographics, perform best.
- People form a first impression in a mere 50 milliseconds.
- An estimated 84% of communications will be visual by 2018.
- The average person gets distracted in 8 seconds, though a mere 2.8 seconds is enough to distract some people.
- An estimated 79% of internet traffic will be video content by 2018.
- Posts that include images produce 650% higher engagement than text-only posts.
- People are 85% more likely to buy a product after viewing a product video.
- Posts with videos attract 3X more links than text-only posts.
- People share infographics 3x more than any other type of content
- Tumblr’s active user base has grown by 120%.
- Pinterest’s active user base has grown by 111%.
- Instagram’s active user base has grown by 64%.
- The number of videos appearing in Facebook’s news feed has increased 3.6X.
- Facebook posts from brands that included images earned 87% of all engagements.
- Tweets with images earned up to 18% more clicks, 89% more favorites, and 150% more retweets.