Consumer Internet Industry
1) Power2SME founded by R. Narayan: International Finance Corporation, the private-sector investment arm of the World Bank, will invest up to $10 million in Gurgaon-based BEBB India Pvt Ltd, which runs Power2SME, an online buying hub for small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
2) ZippServe founded by Sudeep Anandapuram and Debashish Hota: India’s First online platform that provides risk assessment services for real estate investments, ZippServe raised $390K from a group of investors. The startup plans to use the raised funds to expand its services in Stay Fit Enterprise to increase its presence in commercial, industrial, and agricultural real estate.
3) i-Lend founded by Shankar VVSSB, Mukesh Kothari, and Niti Gupta: Hyderabad-based P2P lending startup i-lend raised an undisclosed amount in a Pre-Series A round from 50K Ventures. The startup will utilized the funds to strengthen its tech infrastructure and marketing efforts.
4) Innovapptive founded by Sundeep Ravande and Hari Kamineni: US-based enterprise software startup Innovapptive raised $1.5 million from Hyderabad Angels. Post-investment, Kishore Ganji from Hyderabad Angels will join Innovapptive’s Board of Directors. The startup will use the raised funds towards scaling its sales and marketing efforts, product innovation, and increasing customer base.
5) Sumeru founded by Rekha Pillay Yadav: Bengaluru-based banking software startup Sumeru secured $1 million in angel funding from high-net-worth individuals. The company will deploy the funds to develop the product, grow its business and build a global distribution network.
6) UActiv founded by Atish Chhabria and Bhavik Mehta: App-based social networking and discovery platform for sports enthusiasts UActive raised an undisclosed amount in a Seed round from the Hinduja family. The capital will be utilized to upgrade the technology platform and scaling up the sales and support teams.
7) Balance Technology founded by Ankit Kumar and Abhishek Malik: Bengaluru-based fintech startup Balance Technology raised $233K from Rainmatter. The startup will use the funds for hiring talent and develop marketing strategies.
8) Ola founded by Bhavish Aggarwal: Bengaluru-based cab aggregator Ola further raised $104.4 million in Series I round of funding from US-based hedge fund Falcon Edge Capital and Ratan Tata’s RNT Capital.
9) Deyor Camps founded by Chirag Gupta, Aakaar Gandhi, Himashu Aggarwal, and Gautam Yadav: Gurugram-based adventure travel startup Deyor Camps secured an undisclosed amount in a Pre-series A round of funding round from Venture Catalysts’ Dheeraj Jain, Japanese VC firm ReApra Ventures, and Dr. Ritesh Malik. The startup will use the funds for team expansion, tech integration, and to support its marketing activities.
10) 4tigo founded by Vivek Malhotra and Anjani Mandal: Bengaluru-based truck network platform 4tigo Network Logistics secured $10 million in Series A round of funding led by existing investors Accel Partners and Infosys co-founder Nandan Nilekani. The startup will use the funds raised to expand its current network of trucks and invest in building its core technology product.
11) Healthians founded by Deepak Sahni: Diagnostic and wellness startup Healthians secured an undisclosed amount of funding in a bridge round from Japanese asset management firm Asuka Holdings. The startup plans to achieve complete profitability in the next 12-18 months.
12) HealthMir founded by Rohit Gupta and Gitesh Gupta: Artificial intelligence-driven health content startup HealthMir secured an undisclosed amount in seed funding from angel investor and insurance industry veteran Nimit Panigrahi. With the new fund, the company plans to expand its operations to six more cities in the coming 18 months. It will also make the content on its app available in multiple languages.
13) Good Methods founded by Arjun Satheesh: Kerala-based health startup Good Methods Global Inc. (GMG) raised an undisclosed in Series A round of funding led by Accel Partners. With this round, the company has raised a total of $9 million.
14) ONTHERUN founded by Shilpa Phadke: Actor and fitness icon Milind Soman made an undisclosed share in Stayfit Enterprize Pvt Ltd – a natural health food startup that makes food products under the brand name ONTHERUN. He will also be the brand ambassador of the brand going forward.
15) SMEcorner founded by Samir Bhatia and Sneha Shah: Mumbai-based digital lending platform SMEcorner raised a bridge round of funding from a Dutch government fund.
16) Ace2Three founded by Anuj Gupta: Hyderabad-based game development company Head InfoTech India Pvt Ltd, which operates online gaming firm Ace2Three secured $73.7 million in a fresh round of funding from Canadian private equity firm Clairvest Group. The company will deploy the funds to develop other gaming products within social gaming, which will be launched outside India.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.