- There were 3.19 billion global social media users in 2018, equaling 42% penetration.
- There were 2.95 billion global mobile social media users in 2018, equaling 39% penetration.
- 86% of social marketers regularly use Facebook ads, while only 18% use Twitter ads.
- When asked to select their most important platform, 55% of marketers chose Facebook, followed by LinkedIn at 18%. 67% of marketers also plan on increasing their Facebook marketing activities.
- Facebook reported advertising revenue $11.97 billion in the first quarter of 2018 and $4.98 billion in profit for the past quarter.
- 91% of Facebook’s advertising revenue coming from mobile.
- 75% of people who find local, helpful information in search results are more likely to visit the physical stores.
- Location-targeted mobile ad spend will grow from $12.4 billion in 2016 to $32.4 billion in 2021.
- 60% of marketers use video in their marketing and 73% plan on increasing their use of video.
- 50% of marketers plan on using live video services such as Facebook Live and Periscope, and 50% want to learn more about live video.
- 4X as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it.
- 70% of teenage YouTube subscribers say they relate to YouTube influencers more than traditional celebrities.
- The top 3 ranking ads earn 41% of clicks.
- When consumers are ready to purchase, 65% of them will click on a paid ad.
- Consumers visiting a site through a paid ad are 50% more likely to buy than an organic visitor.
- The top five paid advertising methods used by B2B marketers are SEM (66%), print or other offline promotion (57%), traditional online banner ads (55%), promoted posts (52%), and social ads (51%).