Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) MobiKwik founded by Bipin Preet Singh: Mobile wallet provider MobiKwik has raised $50 million in funding, led by Japanese payments firm Gateway and Taiwanese chip maker MediaTek. Its existing investors such as Sequoia Capital and Treeline Asia also participated in the current round of funding. Mobikwik has more than 30 million users in the country and a network of 75,000 retailers.
2) MotoMojo founded by Uttam Arjun: Automobile servicing app MotoMojo has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from the founders of startup enabler VentesAvenues. The Mumbai-based startup currently provides an Android app to book automobile services for two and four wheelers, find help in emergency situations like a flat tyre or vehicle breakdown, and pickup and drop service in select areas.
3) Zuver founded by Sidhanth Mally and Sovin Hegde: Mumbai-based driver on demand service Zuver has raised $180K in angel funding from Shruth & Smith Group of Bangalore and Pune’s Hermes Group. The startup will use the funds to expand its operations and ramp up the technology infrastructure.
4) Prescribez founded by Neeraj Joshi: ThingsMeet Solutions, which owns soon-to-launch healthcare app Prescribez, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding. The app is slated to launch in Pune this month, and will allow users to book appointments through the app.
5) iDreamCareer founded by Pravesh Dudani: Delhi-based career planning services portal iDreamCareer.com, has raised an undisclosed amount in pre-series A funding from media house Bennett, Coleman and Company Ltd’s ad-for-equity investment arm Brand Capital. The startup plans to raise $5 million in its Series A round by the end of this year to expand its presence in 15 cities in India and the Middle East.
6) Zwayam founded by Joseph John: Bengaluru-based online recruitment platform Zwayam, has raised $250K in seed investment from a bunch of unnamed angel investors. The startup’s monetization model is based on a subscription model, and is used by 150 companies.
7) EasyRoads founded by Sachin Parikh: Road trip planning app EasyRoads has raised $200K from five angel investors in its first external round of funding. The app provides a curation of places to explore, and currently lists trips from Mumbai and Pune, with features like roadside assistance and Rent a Driver.
8) Boibanit founded by Abhiudaya Parihar, Arunabh Parihar, Ram Manohar Rai, Rohit Gupta and Sudhir Prakash: Vadodara based Food ordering marketplace Boibanit, has secured about $150 K in an angel round of funding from Varun Ahuja and Anubhav Verma. The raised amount will be used to list more restaurants or locations on the platform and enhancing its technological offerings.
9) Seclore founded by Vishal Gupta and Abhijit Tannu: This Mumbai-based enterprise has raised $12 million in Series B funding from Sistema Asia Fund, Helion Venture, VentureEast and India Alternatives. In April 2013, Seclore had raised $6 million in Series A funding from Helion Venture Partners and VentureEast.
10) GetMyParking founded by Chirag Jain: Delhi-based Agile Parking Solutions, creators of GetMyParking, an app that provide real time parking information near your destination has raised $376K from Chennai Angels. The app is currently operational in Delhi NCR, with plans to launch soon in other Indian cities.
11) Active.ai, Affordplan, Indie: Kstart, a startup accelerator run by venture capital firm Kalaari Capital has invested $500K each in three startups – Active.ai, which provides an AI for financial services; Affordplan, which provides financial planning services for medical treatment; and Web video streaming platform Indee. Kstart will make seed investments in six to nine other startups this year, said Vani Kola, co-founders and managing director of Kalaari.
12) Airwood Aerostructures founded by Vivek Rajkumar: Chennai-based UAV startup Airwood Aerostructures has reportedly raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from StartupXseed Ventures. The startup deploys drones for field and crop monitoring, and combines it with other tests on the ground to help improve crop yield.
13) Unbxd founded by Pavan Sondur and Prashant Kumar: Bengaluru-based e-commerce search and personalization platform Unbxd has raised an undisclosed amount of funding in Series B round led by Nirvana Venture Advisors. The round also saw participation from existing investors IDG Ventures, Inventus Capital, and Indian Angel Network. Founded in 2011, the platform has on-boarded 150 companies in over 40 countries.
14) MyDentistChoice founded by Chandra Shekar, sivaprasad pinnapurala: Hyderabad-based MyDentistChoice, an e-commerce portal for dental products has secured $150K in its first round of funding from an US-based angel investor. Part of Hyderabad-based startup incubator T-Hub, the startup reached its first revenue target of Rs.1 crore in 2015.
15) Lenskart founded by Peyush Bansal: Eyewear retailer Lenskart has raised $60 million funding from World Bank arm IFC, industrialist Ratan Tata and Infosys co-founder Kris Gopalakrishnan, among others. The company will use the Series D funding to strengthen its supply chain and lens manufacturing capabilities as well as for expanding its presence to 400 cities in three years.
16) Meesho founded by Vidit Aatrey and Sanjeev Barnwal: Social commerce platform Meesho has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from investor Rajul Garg, besides other investors. A B2B platform, Meesho, previously called Fashnear, allows sellers to set up an online shop through its platform and also facilitates sharing on other social media platforms such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Pinterest, amongst others.
17) Prepathon founded by Allwin Agnel: Competitive exam learning app Prepathon has raised an undisclosed amount in its pre-series A round from Blume ventures, an early stage investment firm. The funds will be used to add another 50 courses to the Prepathon stable, which presently has courses in banking, government, management, and engineering exams. Launched in August 2015 by PaGaLGuY, an education and test preparation community, Prepathon has a proprietary feature called ‘Coach’ on its app for Android that provides interactive learning sessions.
Table of Contents