Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) CheersOye! founded by Rahul Shrivastava: This Mumbai-based social gifting platform has raised angel funding of approximately $500K from undisclosed investors. The raised funds will be used to introduce other entertainment categories, hire staff and expand to other cities.
2) NoBroker founded by Amit Kumar Agarwal, Akhil Gupta and Saurabh Garg: This Bangalore based based real estate portal has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from angel investor and Entrepreneurial Product Leader, Anand Chandrasekaran. The funding aims at strengthening NoBroker’s investor portfolio which includes SAIF Partners, BEENEXT- Singapore-based venture capital firm run by Teruhide Sato, Digital Garage (an early investor in Twitter), BEENOS, Qualgro and Mamoru Taniya of Asuka holdings.
3) Burger Singh founded by Kabirjeett Singh, Rahul Seth and Nitin Rana: This Gurgaon based burger chain startup has raised a funding of $800K from investors such as Beer Cafe founder Rahul Singh, Dheeraj Jain (Redcliffe Capital) and television actor Rannvijay Singh. Ashvin Chadda, Capt. Salim Sheikh (ex-Sayaji Hotels) and Avtar Monga (COO of IDFC Bank) were others who participated in the round. The funds will be used to expand its retail presence to 26 stores by September next year.
4) Freshboxx founded by Rohan Kulkarni: This Karnataka based fresh fruits and vegetables e-tailer has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from entrepreneur and angel investor, Ravi Linganuri. The raised funds will be deployed towards hiring a core team, upgrading its technology, improving its infrastructure and expanding further in the state of Karnataka.
5) BigStylist founded by Richa Singh, Chinmaya Sharma and Anurag Srivastava: This Mumbai-based beauty and wellness services marketplace has raised $900K in a fresh round of funding from Info Edge.This is a bridge round, which will help the company break even.
6) Consumer Internet AlternaCare founded by Abhishek Dwivedi: This Delhi-based health-tech startup has raised $500K Seed funding from Eros Labs. The startup will use the funding for product development, building out its team, branding, and geographic expansion into key language markets.
7) Zybo founded by Sunil Johny and Arun Johny: This Kochi-based software solutions provider has raised an undisclosed amount. The investment was led by foreign equity investment from Grasshoppers, a Netherlands-based company. The amount of investment is undisclosed. The funding will be used to develop and market Trackbizz, their app.
8) Social Quotient founded by Samyak Chakrabarty and Deep Master: This Mumbai based startup for social causes has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from fashion designer Anita Dongre and her son Yash Dongre. The mother-son duo has partnered with Milind Sarwate, founder, Increate Value Advisors for the investment.
9) Capillary Technologies founded by Aneesh Reddy and Krishna Mehra: This Mumbai based cloud software solutions startup has raised funding from venture debt fund InnoVen Capital. It has earlier raised more than $31 million funds from Sequoia Capital, American Express Ventures, the venture capital arm of American Express, and Norwest Venture Partners (NVP).
10) Makkajai founded by Roopesh Shenoy, Vinayak Palankar, Deep Shah and Abhishek Awadhani: This Bangalore based Educational gaming platform has raised $250K in Seed funding from angel investors via LetsVenture. The investors who participated in the round included Ananth Narayanan, CEO, Myntra; Anand Chandrasekaran, former CPO, Snapdeal; Mekin Maheshwari, former CPO, Flipkart; Ravi Garikipati, Divyesh Shah, and Swastika Company. The funding will be utilized to enhance technology and design in order to introduce more educational games in the coming year.
11) Lenskart founded by Peyush Bansal: This New Delhi-based eye-wear platform has raised over $30.14 million from PremjiInvest. The funding has been done at a valuation of $270 million. The deal also marked the partial exit of IDG Ventures India from the company. IDG first invested $4 million in the company in 2011, at a valuation of $10 million. The raised funds will be utilized to extend its Omni-channel presence.
12) StalkBuyLove founded by Tushar Ahluwalia: This Delhi based online Fashion brand has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from William Bissell, Managing Director of ethnic retailer Fabindia. The funding was an extension to the last round where it raised an undisclosed amount from Germany-based venture fund Littlerock, 500 Startups, Singularity Ventures, and others. The company plans to use the money to spur growth and improve its supply chain, fulfillment network and hire fresh talent in its design team.
13) Prozo founded by Ashvini Jakhar and Jerry Jose: This Gurgaon based ed-tech startup has raised Pre-Series A round of $315K funding from a London-based venture capital firm Earlsfield Capital and two Delhi businessmen, Sailender Solanki and Rajiv Solanki. The investors collectively picked up a 7.34% stake in the startup.
14) eShakti founded by B.G. Krishnan: This Chennai-based online women’s apparel portal has raised $1.34 million from Infina Finance Pvt. Ltd, an investment firm jointly controlled by Kotak Mahindra Bank and its promoter Uday Kotak in his personal capacity. Financial services provider Polaris Banyan Holding Pvt. Ltd also participated in this round.
15) BuildTraders founded by Ranjeet Gakhare and Ashwin Srivastava: This Bangalore based e-commerce for building materials has raised $200K in Seed funding from UAE-based Idein Ventures. The funding will be used to enhance its technology, infrastructure and strengthen its supplier base.
16) Education TopRankers founded by Gaurav Goel, Malay Sarkar, Mehbub Hussain, Harish Goswami and Himanshu Joshi: This Bangalore based online test preparation startup has raised $670K in angel funding from CareerNet Consulting Pvt. Ltd and Ideation Initiative Pvt. Ltd. The funds will be used to expand technology and marketing verticals and in research and development.
17) Education BYJU’S founded by Byju Raveendran: This Bangalore based ed-tech startup has raised $50 million funding led by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI), founded by Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan, along with Sequoia Capital. Sofina, Lightspeed Ventures, and Times Internet Ltd are the other investors who participated in the round. The newly-raised funds will be deployed to fuel international expansion and inspire additional funding investments from leading companies around the world.
Table of Contents