Consumer Internet Industry
1) Shuttl founded by Amit Singh: Gurugram-based bus shuttle service provider Shuttl raised $11 million in a Series B funding round from Amazon, Amazon Alexa Fund, Dentsu Venture, and some existing investors. The startup plans to deploy the funding for product development, expansion to new cities, and marketing.
2) Goodera founded by Abhishek Humbad and Richa Bajpai: Bengaluru-based CSR lifestyle management platform Goodera raised an undisclosed amount in a Series B funding round from SAIF Partners, Nexus Venture Partners, and Omidyar Network. The startup had to keep track of the progress of their corporate social responsibility projects (CSR) and conduct measure-impact assessments.
3) Purple Style Labs founded by Abhishek (Monty) Agarwal: Mumbai-based fashion house of designers and stylists Purple Style Labs (PSL) secured $3 million in a funding from a clutch of high-net-worth individuals (HNIs). The startup plans to deploy the funding to build an omnichannel sales network to expand its homegrown brand and for Pernia’s Pop Up Shop.
4) AntWorks founded by Asheesh Mehra and Govind Sandhu: Singapore-based artificial intelligence and intelligent automation products and solutions company AntWorks raised $15 million in a Series A funding round from SBI Investments. The startup plans to deploy funding to reinforce their marketing and sales engine, and energize their foray into new markets. The finance will also help in their next level growth in AI, enterprise RPA, and fuel R&D.
5) Racetrack.ai founded by Navneet Gupta and Subrat Parida: Bengaluru-based AI startup Racetrack.ai secured $5 million in a pre-Series A funding from a group of investors including Murali Krishnan and US-based Angel Investor Dov Kagan. The startup plans to utilize the funding to expand its operations to the US, Mauritius, and Singapore markets.
6) Actionable Science founded by Manish Singh, Saurabh Kumar and Udaya Bhaskar Reddy: Bengaluru-based AI startup Actionable Science raised $1 million in a seed funding round from Globevestor and Tr-Valley Ventures- a California based fund. The startup plans to deploy the funding to accelerate product development, reach more customers, and improve client delivery.
7) Freshworks founded by Girish Mathrubootham and Shan Krishnasamy: Chennai-based SaaS startup Freshworks raised $100 million funds from existing investors including Sequoia Capital, and Accel Partners, with participation from CapitalG. The startup plans to utilize the funding for international expansion in its key markets- the US and the UK- as well as to continue investment in its integrated SaaS platform and the Indian SaaS market.
8) HealthPlix founded by Raghuraj Sunder Raju and Sandeep Gudibanda: Bengaluru-based Healthtech startup HealthPlix secured $3 million in a Series A Round from IDG Ventures and Kalaari Capital. The startup aims to transform the way diseases are treated in outpatient care in India. Further, the startup plans to utilize the funding to support its technology and expand its medical specialties.
9) MyHealthcare founded by Shyatto Raha, Aneesh Nair, and Divya Laroyia: Gurugram-based healthtech startup MyHealthcare secured $2 million in a Series A funding round from Delhi-based Hunch Ventures and Angel Investor Ajay Nanavati. The startup plans to offer information on the benefits of healthcare to users by engaging with their healthcare needs and records. It also provides emergency services, video consultation, health monitoring among others.
10) Cure.Fit founded by Mukesh Bansal and Ankit Nagori: Mukesh Bansal and Ankit Nagori-led health and fitness startup Cure.Fit raised $120 million in a Series C funding round from IDG Ventures, Accel Partners, and Kalaari Capital. The startup will be utilizing the funding to reinforce its technology platform by offering AI- driven health planning, create its own fitness devices, and also to expand to newer markets such as in Southwest Asia in the next 12-15 months.
11) Flinto founded by Arunprasad Durairaj: Chennai-based education firm Flinto secured $873 K from venture debt firm Innoven Capital. The startup plans to use the funding to expand its footprints in India and expand into International markets including Southeast Asia and the Middle East.
12) Samosa Labs founded by Rahul Reddy and Abhilash Inumella: Hyderabad-based vernacular social media and chat entertainment application Samosa Labs secured $7 million in a fresh funding round from Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi and Sequoia Capital India. It allows user-generated audio and gifs that can be shared across other social media networks such as Facebook and Whatsapp.
13) NewsDog founded by Chen Yukun and Yi Ma: China-based news and entertainment content aggregator NewsDog raised an undisclosed amount of funds from Series C+ round of funding led by Vision Plus Capital. The news platform tries to offers interesting and localized content to Indian users according to their preference instead of aggregation of news from different sources.
14) Tessol founded by Rajat Gupta: Mumbai-based cold chain logistics startup secured an undisclosed amount in a follow-on equity funding round led by early-stage venture capital platform ICrowd. The funding round saw participation from existing investors including Infuse Ventures and Ankur Capital. The startup plans to deploy the funding to support its current product suite and bring some disruptive products that were under development to pilot and commercialization.
Food & Beverages
15) Coolberg founded by Pankaj Aswani and Yashika Keswani: Mumbai-based non-alcoholic beverage maker startup Coolberg raised an undisclosed amount as seed funding led by India Quotient Fund and the Indian Angel Network’s maiden Fund. The startup plans to utilize the funding to spread brand awareness along with deeper market penetration.
16) Boutique Spirit founded by Rahul Gagerna: New-Delhi based hard liquor company Boutique Spirit raised $1 million led by Kae Capital. The startup plans to utilize the funding to launch a new whiskey brand and plans to expand the sale of rum and brandy to eight and four states respectively.
Real Estate Industry
17) Ziffy Homes founded by Salil Agarwal, Sanchal Ranjan and Saurabh Kumar: Gurugram-based home rental startup Ziffy Homes secured $120 K from US-based startup incubator Y Combinator.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.