1) Number of Internet of Things connected devices in 2015: 13.4 billion
2) Predicted number of Internet of Things connected devices in 2020: 38.5 billion
3) Number of devices that are projected to be connected to the internet of things by 2025: 80 billion
4) Estimated amount spent on the Internet of Things in 2015: $698.6 billion
5) Predicted amount spent on the Internet of Things in 2019: $1.3 trillion
6) The majority of people (87%) have not heard of the term ‘Internet of Things’.
7) By 2020, there will be about 26 smart objects for every human being on Earth.
8) 70% of the most commonly used IoT devices contain vulnerabilities.
9) This year, we will have 4.9 billion connected things.
10) The “Industrial Internet” (their term for IoT) will add $10 to $15 trillion to global GDP in the next 20 years.
11) Number of U.S. homes that have a connected television: 46 million homes
12) Number of connected wearables shipped in 2015: 72.5 million devices
13) Predicted number of connected wearables to be shipped in 2020: 228.3 million devices
14) Top Internet of Things device used in China: Smart TV
15) Projected top adopter of the internet of things in the next 5 years: businesses
16) Projected top adopter of the internet of things in the next 5 years: governments
17) Projected market size off the Internet of Things security market in 2020: $29 billion