Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:55 pm
1. Ahmedabad based Jolly Food Fellow, has raised $300K from an angel investor, The 1947. The proceeds will be used towards expanding its operations in metro cities of Mumbai and Bengaluru in next three months. Founded in March 2015 by IITians Rajiv Sharma and Niraj Harlalka, Jolly Food Fellow has developed a food technology mobile application that enables food vendors to gather analytical insight about their consumers.
2. Mumbai based BookMeIn, has raised $400K in angel round from Ajmera Group of companies. The funding will be used for customer acquisition and adding more categories to its portal. Co-founded in 2014 by Siddharth Dalal, Ekta Dalal, Nidhi Chandel and Chaitanya Chandel, the company provides hyper-local services on its portal and currently serves into four categories – Beauty & Fitness, Health & Wellness, Home & Work, and Spirit & Healing.
3. Bangalore based mobile marketplace for local services Qyk, has raised $1 million in pre-Series A round of funding led by Delhi-based GrowX Ventures, an early-stage investment firm. Qyk’s existing seed investors such as Tracxn Labs, Powai Lake Ventures, and Sahil Barua (co-founder of Delhivery) also participated in this round. The company will use the raised funds in expansion process.
4. Izofy, a Kolkata based online marketplace that connects users with astrologers, numerologists, tarot readers, vaastu consultants and healers, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Prime Capital Markets Ltd. The company will use the money for product development, improving technology and to build a marketing strategy for increasing customers.
5. Mumbai based rBus, an online AC bus pooling portal for intra-city travel has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from India Quotient, People Group founder Anupam Mittal and other investors. The company will use the money to expand operations and strengthen its technology platform.
6. Online restaurant reservation platform EazyDiner has raised a fresh round of funding of $3 million crore from Saama Capital and existing investor DSG Consumer Partners. Launched in 2014, the online portal was founded by food writer and TV host Vir Sanghvi. EazyDiner co-founder Rohit Dasgupta, armed with the newly infused capital, said that the company will expand its operations to 12 cities in India by the end of 2016. By the end of this week, it will commence operations in Mumbai. It will also expand internationally by starting operations in Dubai. The funds will also be used for the upgradation of technology.
7. Mumbaibased digital media technology company Komli Media India Pvt Ltd has rolled out its CRM re-marketing platform RevX into a separate company and secured $4 million in funding from its existing investors including Norwest Venture Partners, Nexus Venture Partners, Helion Venture Partners, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, and Peepul Capital. The firm has 30 customers and plans to launch globally soon.
8. Pune based icustommadeit; an online marketplace for customized merchandise has received $250K in the third angel round from a group of individual investors, taking the total equity funding raised so far to $650,000. The startup plans to use the recently raised funding to improve its technology for a better user interface, and build an international presence.
9. PickMyLaundry, a mobile platform that facilitates booking and delivery of laundry services, has raised $100 from Green House Ventures, a startup accelerator launched by serial entrepreneur and Indian Angel Network member Vikram Upadhyaya. The company has partnered with various laundry service providers for washing, dry-cleaning and wardrobe management services to offer same day delivery and overnight delivery options.
10. Belita, a Mumbai based on-demand home beauty services marketplace has raised $375K in angel funding through LetsVenture and Lead Angels. The funding round was led by early stage VC firm India Quotient and Supreet Singh (CEO-Altor Executive Search), with few other investors from LetsVenture and Lead Angels. The money will be used for scaling up the team, enhancing technology, strengthening operations and expanding to new cities.
11. Infuse Ventures, a sustainability and clean tech fund has made an undisclosed seed investment in Ahmedabad-based online solar products and services marketplace startup ezysolare.com.Founded in April this year by IIT Roorkee graduate Puneet Singh Jaggi and his brother Anmol Singh Jaggi, ezysolare.com provides an online platform for engineering and procurement for equipment used to build solar power projects, thus connecting solar installers with manufacturers of solar equipment.
12. Gurgaon based Food Talk India, a digital food community, has raised $500K in its first round of funding from undisclosed investors and plans to launch a mobile application next month as part of its expansion.
13. Complete online solution for beauty professionals and consumers Vyomo has raised approx. $2 million in pre series A funding round from Berlin-based Rocket Internet. With the fresh funds, Vyomo is planning to expand into more cities and services in Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai and Dubai, and bring more than one million stylists on the platform by 2017.
14. Quick service restaurant (QSR) chain Roll Mafia, has raised $151K in seed funding led by Singapore-based Equentia Natural Resources, a diversified trading and resource company.The round see the participation from NiravChoksi and Rajiv Ramnarayan, co-founders and directors of the Singapore firm, HHC Holding Pte Ltd (Seed Fund, Singapore) and other HNI’s including Bhavin Shah, Manav Khanna and Ram Kewalramani.The money will be used by the Mumbai-headquartered company, which has eight outlets in Pune and three in Patna, for expanding its operations to six other cities.
15. Online recipe sharing portal BetterButter.in,has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding led by Delhi-based Growx Ventures, an early-stage investment firm.Singapore-based M&S Partners and angel investor Manish Singhal.It allows users to share recipes and discover new ones from celebrity chefs and other users.
16. Cloud-based hotel services startup Djubo has received an undisclosed amount for a minority stake by online travel company Ibibo Group. This is the first investment by the Gurgaon-based company since it acquired bus tracking and analytics platform YourBus in March last year.
17. Kolkata based EazyCoach, which connects students with admission coaches through an online marketplace, has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from entrepreneur and angel investor Ravi Agarwal. The company will use the money to launch a mobile app and to expand the range of its services.
18. Cloud-based security solutions provider InstaSafe based out in Bangalore has received an undisclosed amount of seed funding from CIO Angel Network.InstaSafe helps mobile and remote workers securely access enterprise apps, email and web on a SaaS model. With a focus on expanding sales and marketing efforts and product engineering, the funding will be deployed to further develop the product features and hiring talent.