Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Diro Labs Founded by Vishal Gupta and Arjun Singh: Delhi-based Info Edge (India) Ltd further invested about $147K in VCare Technologies that offers a phone directory app called Diro Labs. Diro Labs had primarily raised funding from Info Edge in June 2016.
2) BookEventz Founded by Shriti Jain: Online event booking platform BookEventz (formerly recognized as Urbanrestro) raised an undisclosed amount of funding in an angel round from Mumbai Angels with Girish Mathrubootham (The Chennai Angels) and Anbu Pandian (PanZeea Solutions) and other investors of LetsVenture.
3) TailsLife Founded by Dushyant Rao, Balaji Ramesh and Prachi Gupta: A mobile application for pet parent’s’ needs, TailsLife raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding in a round led by Mohan Kumar, Executive Director Norwest Ventures Partners India and V. Balakrishnan, Exfinity on LetsVenture. Other investors that participated in the round include Encube Venture Partners LLP, Satish Tembad, Vineet Jain, and Nishanth Ramkutty. The startup targets at making pet parenting easier and happier by providing content specific to the breed and age of a pet and easier access to vets, grooming and boarding services.
4) LookAtMe: Fashion based social media mobile application LookAtMe raised an undisclosed amount in an angel funding round from Eros Labs. The startup plans to use raised funds in the team, technology, and growth.
5) Revv Founded by Karan Jain and Anupam Agarwal: Delhi-based self-drive car services company Revv raised $9 million in its series A round of funding led by Edelweiss Private Equity. The round was divided across equity and debt, where it received debt financing from Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services and car leasing partner LeasePlan India. The startup will infuse the raised funds towards expansion, development and launch of new products, and for building its proprietary technology.
6) GoMechanic Founded by Kushal Karwa and Amit Bhasin: Automotive services platform for cars, GoMechanic, raised $250K from Venture Catalysts, a Mumbai-based Seed fund and innovation platform. The raised funds will be utilized to build its tech infrastructure and towards the expansion of its team.
7) Rupaiya Exchange Founded by Rohan Hazrati: Delhi-based fintech startup that facilitates peer-to-peer lending, Rupaiya Exchange, secured $200K in its angel round of funding from HNIs and a group of professionals. The company plans to infuse the raised funds towards improving its technology and strengthening its team.
8) Pinwi Founded by Rachna Khanna and Ankit Kesarwani: Parenting app Pinwi (Play-Interest-Wise) raised seed funding from Mothers, who have been users of the app during its research and beta phase. The funds raised will be used to scale up and for user acquisition.
9) UrDoorStep Founded by Dinesh Malpani: On-demand delivery portal UrDoorStep raised $1.4million in a bridge round of funding. The round saw an undisclosed HNI investing about $733K and an equal amount coming in as debt from Lakshmi Vilas Bank. With the current round, the team will expand to new pin codes in the city.
10) ONN Bikes Founded by Namit Jain: On-demand, self-drive bike rental platform, ONN Bikes raised an undisclosed amount in funding from Grace Capital Ventures. The company will use the funds to develop its technological base to further reduce human involvement in the routine ground operations.
11) Netree Founded by Desi S Valli: Delhi-based retailers’ networking platform Netree, raised undisclosed funding in a Pre-Series A round led by The Chennai Angels and LetsVenture. The raised funds will be used for technology enhancement, business development, and expansion.
12) StalkBuyLove Founded by Tushar Ahluwalia: Delhi-based digital fast fashion private label StalkBuyLove, raised an undisclosed amount of funding from a consortium of investors, including Mato Peric, former CEO, Rocket Internet and nine others. The company will use the funds to accelerate the growth and drive profitability.
13) Nykaa Founded by Falguni Nayar: An online luxury beauty retailer, raised $9.5 million in a fresh round of fundraising from Sunil Munjal and the Mariwala family, cementing interest from affluent Indian families in a rapidly growing e-commerce market space in the country.
14) WittyParrot Founded by Rajesh Setty and Anil Jwalanna: WittyParrot, a cloud-based SaaS platform, raised $444K Seed funding from Mumbai Angels Network with participation from Silicon Valley-based angel investors. The startup will deploy the newly raised funding to expand its sales team and grow footprint in the US as well as India.
15) Vehico Founded by Abhishek Chatterjee: Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for the automobile industry, received an undisclosed amount of angel investment from Calcutta Angel Network and Appliyifi, an online platform for startup investments. The fresh capital will be infused to strengthen its product, scale up the technology infrastructure and to expand the team,
16) NeuroEquilibrium Diagnostics Founded by Rajneesh Bhandari: Jaipur-based healthtech startup NeuroEquilibrium Diagnostics Systems Pvt. Ltd, a super-speciality healthcare chain of vertigo and balance disorders clinics, raised $250K in Pre-Series A round of funding. The investment is led by Unicorn India Ventures, a Mumbai-based VC with INR 100 Cr fund corpus. The organization is looking to raise a further $2 million in Series A funding in near future.
17) Mr. Hot Foods Founded by Pankaj Sharma and Achal Bansal: Foodtech startup Mr. Hot foods raised an undisclosed amount in an angel funding round led by IvyCamp Ventures. Pawan Raj Kumar, an alumnus of IIT Delhi and IIM Lucknow has also invested and will mentor the startup.
18) WealthApp Founded by Gaurav Dhawan, Sanjay Gowda, Mitesh Shah, and Subba Rao: An online investment advisory startup WealthApp Financial Advisors Pvt Ltd, raised $440K in angel funding from investors including NuVentures managing partner Venk Krishnan and Daksh eServices co-founder MJ Aravind. The company plans to deploy the funds to develop the technology platform, build the team and try to tap into smaller cities and towns.
Table of Contents