Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Refreshed Car Care founded by Chirag Shah: The Mumbai-based on-demand car servicing startup received fiscal backing from USA-based Spiffy, a car care services company. India is one of the fastest growing e-commerce markets and on-demand car servicing needs will immensely increase in the future, hence Spiffy plans to collaborate with Refreshed in order to further leverage technology and link their products.
2) Baby Destination founded by Tamanna Dhamija: Delhi-based Baby Destination, a one-stop digital parenting community providing opportunities to learn and share parenting experiences and recommendations, raised an investment $313K from GEMs Partners (a micro-VC fund based in Delhi and from Mr. Aditya Gupta) and Tariq Khan (angel investor from New York) in a fresh round of funding. With the freshly raised funds, the startup plans to focus on product development and consolidation in order to increase the scale of users, offers a personalized user experience.
3) Livspace founded by Anuj Srivastava and Ramakant Sharma: Bangalore-based online home decor startup Livspace received funding from Media conglomerate Bennett, Coleman & Company Ltd (BCCL) in an ad-for-equity deal that is expected to be valued at $1.8 million. An ad-for-equity deal means that the startup will use the national reach of publications, websites, e-papers and magazines of BCCL in order to further expand its footprint in the country.
4) Faclon founded by Tara Ranjan Patnaik: Bengaluru-based Water management startup Faclon labs secured an undisclosed amount of funding in a round from Vish Sathappan and Sameer Sainani along with Neev Angel Advisors and LetsVenture. The startup aims to use the funding for commercialization and further product development.
5) IGP.com founded by Manan Sharma and Tarun Joshi: Mumbai-based gifting e-commerce startup raised an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A funding round that saw participation from several key financiers, including Sarvesh Goel, Abhijeet Birewar, Amit Dhanki, Digant Bhansali, Abhishek Subramanya, Vikash & Manish Agarwal, Mitesh Shah, Navleen Khanna, Siddharth Bhajenkar, CK Jinan, Jayesh Shah, Dharmesh Dalal, Dipan Dalal, Anshul Dave, and Vikram Soni. The startup funding will be deployed by IGP.com to improve its supply chain infrastructure and branding activities.
6) KaHa founded by Justin Tang, Pawan Gandhi, and Sudheendra Shantaram: Singapore-based consumer IoT startup KaHa raised $4.5 million in a funding round from Metals International, with the participation of Jungle Ventures, SPRING SEEDS Capital and existing investor YourNest. The raised capital will be used to drive expansion plans and invest in human resource, product development, infrastructure and R&D. Additionally; the startup will also focus on further growing its leadership position by opening an innovation centre in Geneva.
7) Indus OS founded by Akash Dongre, Rakesh Deshmukh, and Sudhir Bangarambandi: Mobile operating system and native applications platform Indus OS secured $4 million Pre Series B funding led by existing investors Omidyar Network, Ventureast and JSW Ventures. The newly-secured financing will allow Indus OS to accelerate brand partnerships, user acquisition and product development. By working with more smartphone brands, Indus OS plans to acquire 100 million users over the next 3 years.
8) Peel-Works founded by Sachin Chhabra: The consumer focused SaaS and big data analytics startup raised an undisclosed amount in Series B funding from Mumbai-based Unilever Ventures and Amazon Internet Services. The round also saw the participation of existing investors Inventus Capital Partners and IDG Ventures India. The funding will let Peel-Works to boost its product and technology offerings, while also expanding its geographical reach and hiring more members for its team.
9) Springboard founded by Gautam Tambay and Parul Gupta: San Francisco and Bengaluru-based edtech startup Springboard secured $9.5 million in Series A funding from Costanoa Ventures. Other investors who participated in the funding are Learn Capital, Jyoti Bansal, founder of AppDynamics and returning investors Blue Fog Capital, Rocketship.vc, and Moneta Ventures. With the funding, Springboard goals to expand its offering into new verticals and geographies, improve its learning platform, expand career services and alumni support, and hire teams across product, marketing, engineering, and student services.
10) Univariety founded by Varun Aggarwal: The Education Counselling startup secured $1.9 million from online classifieds platform Info Edge, which runs job portal Naukri.com, real estate site 99acres and Jeevansaathi. With this, Info Edge has acquired a minority stake in the Hyderabad-based edtech startup. As part of its strategic investments, the acquisition would help Info Edge to diversify its presence into a new line of business within the internet services industry.
11) 9stacks founded by Pratik Kumar, Rishab Mathur and Sudhir Kamath: Delhi-based online gaming startup 9stacks secured Seed funding of $1.55 million from a group of investors that include Swati Gupta (founder, IndustryBuying), Purnima Khandelwal (founder, INI Farms), Maheshwer Peri (founder, Careers360) and Kartik Sheth (Chief executive, Wynk Music). The startup plans to use the investment to leverage more technology to improve its platform, hire new people in the product and design teams and prepare a marketing strategy to ramp up its consumer base in India.
12) EasyBuyHealth founded by Gagan Kapur: The Mumbai-based healthcare startup raised a seed funding of $350K from HNIs and angel investors led by the healthcare industry. The list of investors includes Mukesh Agarwal, owner of MGM Forgings and a serial angel investor in 5 innovative companies. With the freshly raised funding, the startup goals to double its team size within the next 6 months & to develop a solid technical framework to build an all-encompassing healthcare platform that will emerge as the default destination for users to reach out for healthcare services ranging from preventive, operative, diagnostic to wellness.
13) Wellthy founded by Kevin Roche and Lindsay Jurist-Rosner: Mumbai-based Wellthy Therapeutics Pvt Ltd., which operates a mobile-based diabetes management platform, Wellthy, secured an undisclosed sum from GrowX Ventures. The startup further goals to use funds for hiring more team members and expand its geographical footprint.
14) Faircent founded by Nitin Gupta, Rajat Gandhi and Vinay Mathews: Gurugram-based P2P lending startup Faircent raised $3.9 million in a Series B round of funding. Investors participating in this latest funding round include Incofin Investment Management and Faircent’ts existing investors JM Financial, 3one4 Capital, M&S Partners Pte Ltd and Aarin Capital. The round also saw the participation of Muthoot Fincorp, Elevate Innovation Partners, Das Capital and Starharbor Asia Pte Ltd. The startup will deploy newly raised funds towards strengthening the platform’s technology and creating greater awareness about P2P lending significance as a new and highly rewarding asset class.
Food & Beverage Industry
15) The Bohri Kitchen founded by Munaf Kapadia: Mumbai-based specialized cuisine startup The Bohri Kitchen raised an undisclosed amount of seed capital from integrated incubation platform Venture Catalysts. The funding was from Anuj Puri, Abhishek Agarwal, Nikunj Pachisia, Anirudh Damani and Vishal Brahmbhatt. The startup funding round also saw participation from food and beverages doyenne Riyaaz Amlani, as well as several leading HNIs such as Romil Ratra, Chef Rahul Akerkar and others. The raised fund will be used to upgrade our current infrastructure, which will involve moving into a bigger central kitchen and hiring skilled workers who can help my mother in standardizing recipes.
16) YourQuote founded by Ashish Singh and Harsh Snehanshu: Delhi-based content and digital community platform YourQuote, secured $1 million in Seed funding. The funding round was from IDG Ventures India, and also saw the participation of Atul Goel of the Essel City Group and Axilor. With the freshly raised capital, the startup will work on increasing the range of content available on its platform by expanding its footprint across the country. The final goal is to increase contributors and readers on the platform.
17) TapTap Meals Pvt. Ltd. founded by Bharat Khandelwal: Delhi-based TapTap Meals, which operates the delivery app NOW, raised an undisclosed amount of funding from the promoters of Hero Electric and other investors from Bengaluru. As a part of this agreement, the startup will continue to use Hero’s eco-friendly ebikes to deliver products and will further boost its unit economics.
18) Skymet Weather Services founded by Jatin Singh: Noida-based agritech startup Skyment raised an undisclosed amount in Series C round of funding led by the German government’s InsuResilience Investment Fund. With the freshly raised funds, the startup plans to expand its Automated Weather Stations (AWS) network and secure new business in weather data, crop measurement, climate analytics, and disaster management, thereby extending its outreach to de-risk vulnerable Indian farmers from climate change.
Table of Contents