1. Capricoast founded by JawadAyaz: Bangalore based Capricoast is an online marketplace for modular furnishing. Capricoasthas raised $3.5 million in a Series A round of funding led by existing investor Accel Partners India and Singapore-based VC firm RB Investments. The raised capital will be used to broaden and accelerate its product development, as well as to expand its sales, marketing and team.
2. JetSetGo founded by KanikaTekriwal: Bangalore based marketplace for private jets and helicopters, JetSetGo Aviation Services Pvt. Ltd, raised an undisclosed amount of funding from PuneetDalmia. This investment comes after the Yuvraj Singh-funded YouWeCan Ventures acquired a stake in the company earlier this year. The company will use the funds to expand its ground presence in key airports, launch inter-city private jet shuttles, air ambulance services and an online platform for helicopter bookings.
3. Cabsguru founded by Vikash Singh and PulkitAhuja: Cab search, comparison and booking platform, Cabsguru, has raised seed funding from a group of investors at a valuation of $3.5 million. The company, which was founded by Vikash Singh and PulkitAhuja in 2014, has also launched a cab booking bot called Robocab within its app. The round was led by PrashanthRanganathan. The company will use the funds to further strengthen their product.
4. WHOOP founded by Will Ahmed: IT major Infosys has invested $ 3 million in U.S.-based wearable device startup firm WHOOP to pick up a minority shareholding in the company. Whoop was founded in 2012 by Harvard College Scholar and Captain of the Harvard Men’s Varsity Squash Team Will Ahmed, according to the company’s website.
5. BookEventz founded by ShritiChhajedand Harsh Baid: BookEventz is a Mumbai based event and venue booking platform, the startup was called as UrbanRestro initially. It has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding led by Mumbai Angels and prominent angel investors along with participation from Singapore Angel Network and ZishaanHayath. The startup will use the funds to strengthen its back-end technology and push marketing campaign for the portal.
6. DealStreet founded by Joji Thomas Philip: A digital media venture DealStreet has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Paytm CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma and Singapore Angel Network. The company is also in a strategic tie-up with its business daily Mint, which will collaborate and share content and resources across Singapore and India.
7. Streamoid founded by Sridhar Manthani: Visual-based search and discovery services provider for ecommerce and publishing industries, Streamoid Technologies, has received $1 million in seed funding from two investors from Bangalore and Silicon Valley.Manthani said the company has two products; an image matching engine for e-commerce, primarily aimed at online fashion retailers, and an image match engine specific to the requirements of the publishing industry.
8. Housejoy founded by Sunil Goel and Arjun Kumar: Bangalore based on-demand service provider Housejoy has raised $22.5 million in Series B round of funding led by Amazon along with participation from Matrix Partners, Vertex Ventures, Qualcomm and Ru-Net Technology Partners. The startup plans to use the funds for the growth and innovation of its service category to solve deep operational issues apart from strategic acquisitions, partnerships and team expansion.
9. Blubirch founded by Sapan, JebyCherian, AmitGoel, and Jayathirtha P. Katti:Bagalore basedan IT/Reverse logistic service provider Blubirchhas raised $2 million in an angel round of funding from Chicago Capital Ventures, Sanjay Mehta, angel & PE investor and others. The platform offers its services to enterprises, retailers, and individual consumers. The raised funds will be used to expand its team and services in India and other countries.
10. Meradoctor founded by GautamIvatury and Dr. Ajay Nair: A platform for virtual consultations between doctors and patients has raised $1 million in pre series A round of funding led by Ronnie Screwvala’sUnilazer Ventures. Its existing investor India Quotient also participated in the round. It will utilize the capital to extend its technology platform, scale its doctorbase, and increase its technology and management teams.
11. Stage3founded by Sabena Puri, Rina Dhaka, and SanchitBaweja: Delhi based anomni-channel fashion styling & rental platform, Stage3, has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Nisha Kumar, PuneetDalmia and BalajiPrabhakar. The startup has shed 16% of its equity in this round. It will use the raised capital to expand its operations and strengthen its back-end technology.
12. Rivigo founded by Deepak Garg: Logistic platform Rivigo raised $30 million in Series B round with equity and debt financing led by SAIF Partners and other investors. Rivigo provides services to clients across verticals like e-commerce, FMCG, auto, pharma and the cold chain space. With the raised funds, the platform is aiming to achieve its target of scaling 10X in the next 12 months.
13. Springboard founded by Parul Gupta: Edtech Company, Springboard (formerly known as SlideRule) raised $1.7 million in a seed round of funding from Allen Blue, John Katzman, Naveen Tewari, KartikHosanagar, 500 Startups, Blue Fog Capital and others. The startup will utilize the raised capital to increase its capacity in currently sold-out courses, provide additional student services & support and launch courses in new fields.
14. Eatfresh by Rajiv Subramanian: An online marketplace for meals prepared by Chefs has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Kalaari Capital. The startup plans to utilise the funds towards the expansion of startup’s delivery network to Bangalore and Chennai, with further cities to be added by 2016.
15. FocusDigitfounded by AdityaAggarwal: Digital seller management startup Focus Digit raised an undisclosed amount from angel fund Turning Ideas. The startup will use the funds to develop products, strengthen technology and expand to 20 cities in India.
16. The News Minute founded by ChitraSubramaniam, DhanyaRajendran, and Vignesh Vellore: A news website that focuses on curating news and content from southern India has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funds from Quintillion Media Pvt. Ltd. It plans to use the funds to hire more reporters and enhance its technology platform.
17. Ampere Vehicles founded by HemalathaAnnamalai: Tamil Nadu based Electric Bike Company Ampere Vehicles Pvt Ltd. raised angel funding from a group of angel investors including Kris Gopalakrishnan& others. Kris has put in roughly $1.2 million in the company. It plans to use the raised funds to scale up operations and hire new talent.
18. Obino founded by RituSoniSrivastava, Vishal Soni and Yogesh S: The startup is a virtual weight loss coaching platform; it raised an undisclosed amount of seed round funding from RoundGlass Partners. It will utilize the investment for product feature and functionality enhancements and marketing activities.