Table of Contents
New Delhi Based Startups:
1) Power2SME founded by Narayan: A ‘Buying Club’ for SMEs in India, Power2SME, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Infosys co-founder Nandan Nilekani and existing investors Accel Partners, Kalaari Capital and Inventus Capital. The company will use the raised capital to add more products including rubber, alloys, copper, aluminium, paper products, etc. to its platform.
2) Buildzar founded by Vineet Singh and Swapnil Tripathi: Ecommerce portal for construction materials, Buildzar, has raised $4 million from Puneet Dalmia, managing director of Dalmia Bharat Ltd., in his personal capacity. The funding will be used for team expansion, product enhancement and marketing activities.
3) BitGiving founded by Fahad Moti Khan and Ishita Anand: Crowdfunding platform, BitGiving, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from a cluster of angel investors including Harminder Sahni, Krishna Mehra and Sanjay Bakshi. The raised capital will be used for ramping up the team, product development and marketing.
4) Rare Media founded by Siddhartha Gupta: Info Edge has invested $1 million in Rare Media Company Pvt. Ltd. to acquire a 35% stake. The investment is done to boost Info Edge’s real estate business 99acres. Rare Media develops mobile applications, especially for business-to-business sales force management, which 99acres uses for data verification of its field team.
5) DesignBids founded by Nithish Joseph Monson and Shreya Bisht: A marketplace for architecture and interior design services, DesignBids, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from the Indian Angel Network. The startup will use the raised funds to improve its technology, expand the team and scale up operations in all the major metros.
Bangalore Based Startups:
6) Applicate founded by Ranjeet Kumar and Deepak Rewadi: A startup that develops software to help enterprises manage workforce better, Applicate, has raised a bridge round of $1 million from a couple of HNIs to develop their new product Trade Gini. The investors who participated in the round were Rishi Vasudev, Amit Gupta, Rajiv Nayan, Rakesh Mishra among others.
7) Whats on rent founded by Lalit Mangal, Sulabh Jain, Shreyans Shrimali and Bharat Goyal: Online rental platform, Whats on Rent, has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from Lalit Mangal and Neeraj Gupta. Angel investor Sanjay Gupta and Nixel Technology also participated in this round. The raised capital will be used for introducing more categories on the website, and to expand the core operations and technology team.
8) JustDoc founded by Vikash Singh, Abhishek Kumar and Jugal Anchalia: Video consultation startup for patients, JustDoc, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from TracxnLabs, T.V.Mohandas Pai, Mohit Saxena, Raghunandan G, Singapore Angel Network and others. The startup is presently targeting five specialized areas and plans to add more over the span of time.
9) Myeglu founded by Amit Premy: Home automation solutions maker Mygelu, WiZN Systems Pvt Ltd has raised an undisclosed amount in angel investment led by Taiwan-based Foxconn Technology Group, one of the world’s largest contract electronics manufacturing firms, with participation from a bunch of angel investors, Amit Premy, CEO of WiZN Systems. The raised capital will be used to fuel the expansion. Foxconn will manufacture the initial set of hardware products for WiZN, as per the terms of the agreement.
10) Aisle founded by Able Joseph: Matchmaking startup Aisle has raised $183K in Pre-Series A round of funding led by Anand Vijay, a Bay Area-based angel investor on TermSheet.io and jointly advised and syndicated with ah! Ventures. The startup plans to utilise the funds primarily for building a strong team and effective partnerships.
11) FreshMenu founded by Rashmi Daga: FreshMenu, an online food-tech venture that delivers meals prepared at its kitchen facilities, has raised $17 million in Series B round of funding led by Zodius Technology Fund. Food Vista India Pvt. Ltd, which runs FreshMenu, will use the funds to expand operations across the top six cities in India, and further its investments in brand building, tech and people.
Mumbai Based Startups:
12) SIFTR Labs founded by Romil Mittal and Mayank Bhagya: Seed investment and innovation platform Venture Catalysts (VCats) has infused $150K in SIFTR Labs, a platform to curate digital images using machine learning, as seed investment. Angels from the platform including Vishal Maheshwari, Vikas Kapoor, Daud Ali and Nitin Agarwal participated in the funding.
13) Truce founded by Kedar Gokhale and Saurabh Jain:Mumbai based startup White Shadow Technology Pvt Ltd, which runs a fresh farm vegetables and fruits supply chain venture under the banner of Truce, has raised over $370K in an angel round of funding from Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal, Anupam Mittal, Amit Gupta, Utsav Somani and Neeraj Goenka of Mumbai Angels besides Farooq Adam Mukadam of Shopsense Retail Technologies were among the group of investors. Startups like Truce aim to cut off the myriad middleman and supply fresh produce to the customer (in this case hospitality firms or B2B clients) faster with lesser mark-up on what farmers sell it for.
14) Truebil founded by Ravi Chirania, Shubh Bansal, Rakesh Raman, Ritesh Pandey, Shanu Vivek and Himanshu Singhal: Peer-to-peer car sales startup, Truebil, raised about $5 million in series A round of funding from Kalaari Capital, Inventus Capital and Tekton Ventures. Existing investor Kae Capital also participated in this round. The startup will use the newly raised capital to scale up its operations and for expanding to four cities including Bangalore and Delhi.
15) FindUrClass founded by Rina Nathani and Aakash Jethwani: An extracurricular activity and hobby class curation startup, FindURClass, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from a set of angel investors associated with VentureNursery. The startup will use the funds to scale up and expand to more Tier 1 cities apart from Pune and Bangalore.
Hyderabad Based Startup:
16) Zebi founded by Babu Munagala and seven IITians: A startup that claims to track and clean heterogeneous digital data through its analytics platform, Zebi India, has raised $1million in funding from a bunch of unnamed San Francisco-based angel investors. The startup allows users to check for fraudulent documents and incorrect data.
17) TinMen founded by Mukesh Manda and Chaitanya Degala: Hyderabad-based food delivery startup, TinMen, has raised an undisclosed amount in angel round of funding from the Lead Angel Network. The raised capital will be used to serve a larger set of customers in Hyderabad and thereafter expand to other cities.
18) CodingLabs: A portal for aspiring technologists to showcase coding skills, CodingLabs, has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from 50K Ventures. The investment was led by Vineel Nalla, CEO of NBOS Technologies, and co-founder of 50K Ventures.
Jodhpur Based Startup:
19) Qriyo founded by Mudit Jain and Rishabh Jain: A startup that aims to provide avenues for a fitter & active lifestyle, Qriyo Infolabs, has raised $160K in its seed round of funding from Idein Ventures. The startup is currently active in Jodhpur and is now looking for expansion to Mumbai and Bangalore.
Siliguri Based Startup:
20) Teabox founded by Kaushal Dugar: Ratan Tata invested an undisclosed amount of funding in Teabox, an online startup that sells premium teas. The startup delivers tea all over the world and is focused on the vertical integration of sourcing, branding and distributing teas.
Table of Contents