Table of Contents
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Awesummly Founded by Deepak Mishra, Ankit Dhawan and Nitin Mishra: Bangalore-based NitroLabs Technology Pvt Ltd, the company which runs and operates news summarization app Awesummly, raised $146K in funding from Vivek Bhargava, chief executive, iProspect, a digital performance marketing agency, and Ameera Shah, promoter and managing director of Metropolis Healthcare, a chain of diagnostic centers.
2) NoddApp Founded by Shubham Rai and Praleed Suvarna: Mumbai-based professional networking app Nodd raised $147K from a group of angels, including 11 investors. The raised funds will be utilized to scale up operations and expansion across major metros like Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Hyderabad, and Chennai. Part of the investment will also be directed towards building a strong team and technology.
3) Knowlarity Founded by Pallav Pandey and Ambarish Gupta: Cloud Telephony Company Knowlarity raised $20 million in Series C round of funding led by Delta Partners with participation from existing investors, Sequoia India and Mayfield. The funds raised would be used to expand into other international markets, make acquisitions and invest in advanced technology products for its customers.
4) Froyofit Founded by Piyush Jain: Indore-based fitness discovery platform, Froyofit raised an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A round of funding led by Dr. Pooja Gandhi, an Indian actress and producer, who works mainly in Kannada and Tamil cinema and has two Filmfare awards to her name. The fresh funds will be used for expansion to other Tier II markets and fuel the growth in acquiring more users.
5) BetterPlace Founded by Pravin Agarwala: Digital background verification startup BetterPlace raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Venture Highway. In Q1 2016, the firm announced a $1 million seed investment from Unitus Seed Fund.
6) uClean Founded by Arunabh Sinha: Tech enabled laundry service provider, uClean raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding led by franchise and retail solution group, Franchise India. The funding will be utilized to develop uClean into a 500+ Laundromats chain over the next five years.
7) Servify Founded by Sreevathsa Prabhakar and Pravin Jadhav: Mumbai-based Servify raised an undisclosed Pre-Series A round of funding from Blume Ventures and BEENEXT. The round also saw participation from existing investors including Germany-based Barkawi Holdings GmbH, TM Service Technology Holdings Gmbh and Sreevathsa Prabhakar, Founder of Servify. The fund will help in further enhancing the product, service and technology offerings. A major part of this capital will be used in aggressively building the product, engineering and business teams.
8) Hubilo Founded by Vaibhav Jain: Gujarat-based Hubilo, a startup that provides integrated end-to-end online solutions for event organizers raised an undisclosed amount of funding from a group of investors including Girish Mathrubootham, the founder of Freshdesk. The startup will use the newly raised funding for expansion to new markets and technology upgrading, as a part of company’s future plans.
9) FunOnGo Founded by Vijay Singh and Ujjwal Narayan: Reliance Entertainment, led by Anil Ambani, invested an undisclosed amount in a Mumbai-based digital media content and distribution company, FunOnGo. With this funding, startup’s cross-functional team will leverage its understanding of content and industry relationships to amplify its value offering to the consumer.
10) TapChief Founded by Shashank Murali: TapChief raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Paytm, TaxiForSure founder Aprameya Radhakrishna; Fisdom founder Subramanya Venkat; and Venk Krishnan of NuVentures among others. The startup claims to have witnessed over 50,000 minutes worth of interactions on TapChief.
11) 121Policy.com Founded by Rahul Agarwal: Kolkata-based insurance broking firm Ideal Insurance is all set to launch an online insurance platform christened 121Policy.com that will primarily focus on health insurance. The company has raised an undisclosed amount from former Just Dial chief technology officer Sandipan Chattopadhyay’s technology incubator Xelpmoc.
12) Udaan Founded by Sujeet kumar, Amod Malvinas and Vaibhav Gupta: B2B online marketplace Udaan secured $10 million in its Series A round of funding from VC firm Lightspeed Venture Partners India and Lightspeed US. The three founders have previously invested $1.5 million in the venture as a part of its Seed round.
Real Estate Industry
13) Housing Founded by Ravish Naresh, Rahul Yadav, Vaibhav Tolia, Amrit Raj and Advitiya Sharma: Online real estate portal Housing raise $5 million investment in a bridge round from its existing investor Softbank. Softbank earlier infused $14.7 million in Housing in January 2016. The company’s valuation is $250 million, and Softbank acquired 30% stake in the company for $70 million.
14) Vymo Founded by Venkat Malladi and Yamini Bhat: SaaS-based predictive sales analytics startup Vymo secured $5 million in its Series A round from VC firm Sequoia India. The startup plans to use the funding for product development, hiring fresh talent, and to increase its presence in the international markets.
15) DataSigns Technologies Founded by Monish Anand: Bangalore-based DataSigns Technologies Pvt. Ltd that runs the fintech platform ShubhLoans secured an undisclosed amount of angel funding. The round was led by Sanjai Vohra, (former MD of JP Morgan) and V. Bunty Bohra (Managing Director and India CEO on Goldman Sachs).
16) Infisecure Founded by Sandeep Singh and Abhilash Pandey: Bot protection startup InfiSecure secured $600K in its Seed round of funding from IDG Ventures and Axilor Ventures. The company plans to use the raised funds towards research, global business development, and technological innovation.
17) ShareChat Founded by Bhanu Singh, Farid Ahsan and Ankush Sachdeva: Bangalore-based social platform ShareChat closed a $4 million Series A round of funding, led by Lightspeed India Partners. Existing investors, SAIF Partners and India Quotient along with Venture Highway (through VH Capital). The fresh round of funds will be employed majorly for going deep into the vernacular ecosystem.
18) Numberz Founded by Rajeev Chari, Baskar Ganapathy and Aditya Tulsian: Gurgaon-based Paradime Technologies Pvt. Ltd, which runs cash-flow management startup numberz.in, raised seed funding of $650 K from investors Kae Capital and Khosla Impact.
19) Aye Finance Founded by Sanjay Sharma and Vikram Jetley: Delhi-based NBFC Aye Finance raised $10.2 million in Series B round of funding led by LGT Impact Ventures. Existing investors SAIF Partners, and Accion also participated in the round. The raised funds will be used for expanding to more cities in India and technology innovation.
Food and Beverage Industry
20) Bats on Delivery Founded by Nitin Grewal and Leena Rahar: Bats on Delivery, an on-demand food and essential commodities delivery services firm, has raised its angel round of funding from a Delhi-based businessman. The company has utilized the capital in setting up a centralized kitchen in Gurgaon and several physical take-away outlets in Delhi-NCR.
Table of Contents