Last updated on April 29th, 2014 at 12:17 pm
With 31% year-on year increase and an online population of 73.9 million, India is now the world’s third largest internet population. Besides, online retail in India is on rise as 60% percent of web users in the country visit online retail sites. Both these factors including a number of other factors account for a growing digital marketing industry in India. In fact when all other industries are struggling with 10 to 12 %, digital marketing industry is booming high with 30% growth rate.
The country requires lacs of skilled digital marketing professionals at present and in future too. Depending upon the current trends and market scenario, it is expected that things will only get bigger and better for digital marketing in the coming time. Let’s have a look to the marketing scenario and some stats related with internet and mobile in India.
The Market Scenario
Some stats related with Internet and Mobile in India (The current Trends)
• India has seen a 20x growth in search queries in the last 5 years
• India is Google 3rd largest market globally
• India is the 5 th Largest nation in term of YouTube users
• Indian’s spend around 16 hours online ( in a week) on an average. That’s more than the time we spend watching TV
• The Indian Online advertising market has crossed 1000 crores ( in 2010) and is growing fast at a rate of 50% per year
• India has nearly 950 mobile subscribers and at least 50 million subscribers have internet enables mobile phones
• There are around 90 million websites but there are 500 million Facebook profiles
[useful_banner_manager banners=15 count=1]
So, this was about the market scenarios and the current trends in India when it comes to mobile and internet usage in the country. This clearly depicts that how the country is getting more and more digitized and that how digital marketing industry is booming high in India, opening doors for skilled digital marketing professionals. In fact, study also revealed that the way digital marketing industry is growing in India there would be 2.4 lacs jobs in digital marketing by the end of 2016 in the country.
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.