So have you started getting results?
I mean did you follow the marketing trends that were supposed to rule the year and that we discussed during the year was about to arrive.
No, I just needed to know that whether our advice worked or not!
I know it’s your business and so nobody can love your baby more than you but still we are curious as it is our duty to keep you updated.
If you don’t forget a few months back we talked about the trends or say prediction that were expected to rule 2014 when it comes to marketing rather internet marketing and following which would have certainly helped you gain better results. If you want you can take a look again here!
Anyway! Six months have already passed and that now it’s the time to talk about updates and improvements to make you better at marketing.
However, before we go any further let’s have a sneak peak to some of the most recent stats to have better insights about how to go about marketing in 2014 as they tell you a lot about your customer’s psychology.
Digital Marketing Stats and figures: June 2014
• 33% of consumers cite social networks as a way they discover new brands, products or services
• Almost 75% of Facebook’s 1.2 billion monthly active users access the platform through mobile, while on any given day, almost half of its users are mobile only
• 21% of marketers say that social media has become more important to their company over the past six months.
• 22% of online adults are LinkedIn users
• 85% of customers expect businesses to be active on social media
• Emails with social sharing buttons increase click through rates by 158%The Take-away:
“You not only need to be active on social media but also leverage different social networking sites depending on your audience persona and your goals. Moreover, go mobile!”[useful_banner_manager banners=24 count=1]
Content Marketing Stats
• Companies that blog generate 67% more leads than those that do not
• 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day have acquired a customer from their blog.
• Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog.
• Sixty percent of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site.
• 74% of online consumers get frustrated with websites when content (e.g., offers, ads, promotions, etc.) appears that has nothing to do with their interests.
• 68% people are likely to spend time reading content from a brand they are interested in.
• 94% of in-house marketers agree that website personalization is critical to current and future success.
“Content marketing has taken the lead, for it is to the customer, for the customer and to some extent by the customer and remember customer is the God! So, Content…rules!”
Email Marketing Stats
• Email Marketing has an ROI of 4,300%
• Personalized subject lines are 22.2% more likely to be opened. However, personalized emails had a click through rate 16.5% lower than the average, and a click-to-open rate 31.7% below the average.
“An effective email marketing campaign never goes in vein.”
General Online Marketing Stats
• 97% of all consumers search for local businesses online.
• In 2014, 1 out of 4 dollars spent globally will be on the internet
• 46% of B2B customers consider tailored offers as extremely significant activities in terms of maintaining or growing the relationship with the business provider.
• 88% of digital marketers consider real-time marketing as an important part of their 2014 online marketing plans and 81% of marketers perceive increase in customer engagement as the main benefit of real-time marketing.
“A general take-away for some general stats or say one sentence for hundreds – Go Online, Go Digital!”
The Bottom Line!
“You don’t need an afterword, read stats, identify the need of the hour, define your goals and decide your destiny! Gear Up!”
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.