The rise of the digital media has strongly grabbed the attention of companies all over the world for using social media to engage its user to be more informed and this engagement doesn’t cost extra to the consumers also.
Companies are using social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter etc, so they can reach to their customers easily. Nowadays mostly everywhere and everyone is using Facebook, twitter, etc and magazine companies find a new toy to reach to their readers who are using social media. Users can share the magazine links and contents with their friends, groups’ etc. this helps reader to know what coming in the next issue and magazine company can gets new readers, column writers and other required things. If we talk about big magazine companies are now going online. The simple logic behind this is the increase of tablets and smart mobile users. Here with adding extra investment magazine can gain readers, gain popularity and wider audience. The power of social media has given the information on their fingertips.
According to a recent research, the total number of internet users in India is 74 million. Also, the amount of time that people spend online has increased from 9 hours to almost 20 hours a week.
Now let’s see in brief why magazines are becoming increasingly dependent on social media these days:
- Magazines keep their readers updated by posting real-time information on social media.
- The readers get information just at the click of the mouse and don’t have to wait for a daily, weekly or even monthly publication.
- Twitter becomes a bigger platformfor magazines for sharing link, updates and posting their content.
- Magazine likes Outlook India and others keep on updating real time news and articles on twitter.
Open platform for exchange of ideas & opinions
- Social media is made to share and exchange ideas and magazines content and articles get equal importance and this open a door to put your points and idea even before the stakeholders and others.
- For magazines it is also an opportunity to call and invite their readers to join discussions. For example, Autocar India’s Facebook page provides a platform for its users to participate in various discussions.
- Forbes India magazine use Forbes India’s Facebook page to updates readers about their marketing campaigns and special events. They give special attentions over readers words and comment and reply to questions and feedback there.
Magazine learn about their target audience better
- Social media is giving publishing house a better platform to track people’s ideas and opinion as per their feedbacks. This not only gives ideas and interest of the Magazines’ reader but also helps them to develop a better readership by co-creating content with readers.
- Discussions with readers on Facebook, blogs etc help publication to cater the readers interest in a better ways.
- Some magazines like Vogue India not only provide fashion tips but also share a list of fashion bloggers.
- Your regular updated post, blog or a tweet also improves conversion rates.
- Advertising on magazine’s Facebook page of some known Brands increases the ratings and fan visits.
- GQ India is a magazine that has a Facebook page and GQ Blackberry App. It helps readersto access the magazine to their personal computers, and on phones.
A perfect platform to attract users through distinguished Content
- Publishing houses are now adding new contents like polls, games, events, real-time chats with celebrities etc. to attract users.
- Overdrive, an automobiles magazine uses options like polls, events on its Facebook Page. GQ India is another example that collaborated with Facebook for the Men of the Year Voting in India contest. As a part of this, GQ allows their online readers to vote for the Most Stylish Man of the Year from their Facebook account.
Social media encourages readers to read information online and also increase the overall user base. No matter whether they are magazines or any other publishing platform, they are greatly dependent on the digital world and the digital availability of users and readers than the traditional one. Presently magazines and social media are going hand in hand and the use of online & traditional ways for marketing a Business has surely become a game winning strategy.[useful_banner_manager banners=17 count=1]
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.