A new poll conducted by Google this year revealed that almost 19 out of 20 Smartphone users call a business directly while searching for information on a Smartphone.
That means the mobile click-to-call feature increases instant gratification by more than 90%.
- What is Mobile Click-to-Call Feature?
- What it does?
- Main Reasons to use the Mobile click-to-call feature
- Major Benefits of the Mobile click-to-call feature
- Some Stats Related with Mobile click-to-Call feature that will blow your mind
- Words by Ian Carrington, Director of Performance Solutions & Innovation at Google
- Watch DSIM Trainees Celebrating Last Day of Batch
What is Mobile Click-to-Call Feature?
According to Google the mobile click-to-call feature or say call extensions are a type of ad feature or ad extension that allows advertisers to include their business phone number enabling users searching with their mobile phones call them straight from their ads by clicking on those extensions.
What it does?
Obviously, if you are searching for goods or services on your smartphones, you will prefer to call a business rather than visit its website. This is why, just to make it simple for a potential customer to get in touch with you, a click-to-call option can be added as an extension to your ads when they appear on smartphones. And, this you can do by adding a click to call option to your ads by enabling call extensions in your AdWords campaigns.
Main Reasons to use the Mobile click-to-call feature
In simple word, the click-to-call feature creates a direct way for mobile customers to contact your business directly via their phones that too quickly and easily, making it a must for every business that are running ads, more specifically display ads. Three most primary things that they do are
• Encourage calls to your business by showing a phone number with your ad.
• Display a clickable call button with your ad (on high-end mobile devices).
• Cost the same as a headline click (a standard CPC).
Major Benefits of the Mobile click-to-call feature
• Call extensions make it easy for people to call you on the go
• You can share them within an ad group or entire campaign
• You can set them to show only when your business can take calls
• You can count calls as conversions
• Call extensions have typically increased clickthrough rate by 6-8%
Some Stats Related with Mobile click-to-Call feature that will blow your mind
• 94% of consumers expect brands to offer click-to-call on search results
• 63% consumers use click-to-call for local services, while 42% use is for automotive, 38%tech businesses, 36% Travel and 27% for hospitality
• 32% i.e. 1/3rd of the consumers are most likely to call a business when searching for services or products on their smartphone
• 42% consumers use click-to-call feature in order to talk to a real person and get answers more quickly than a website could provide
• The average click-to-call conversation is six minutes signaling that the feature can lead to high level of engagement for companies
• 48% consumers use this feature when they are about to make a purchase while 36% need it when researching an item or service.
• 36% of mobile searchers are more likely to explore other brands if click-to-call is not offered while 32% would feel frustrated or annoyed and 30% would be disappointed in the brand.
• The average ad click-through rate gets increased by 8% due to click-to-call feature
Words by Ian Carrington, Director of Performance Solutions & Innovation at Google
“Globally, we know that 40 million calls are driven by Google Ads each month so it’s fair to say that click-to-call is a clear sales driver. Moreover, for businesses that haven’t yet built a responsive or mobile site, click-to-call is a great way to ensure consumers can still reach your business easily, showing that mobile advertising doesn’t just have to be for the mobile-ready.”
Starting the week of September 29, 2014, Google Adwords team is changing the way they report mobile click-to-call data in AdWords API reports.