A new survey conducted online recently by Expedia Mobile across North America, South America, Europe and Asia Pacific revealed that Indians are more prone to get addicted to their smartphones. The study found that the Indian traveler no longer uses conventional methods, instead prefers travel apps to make reservations.
Talking about how the dependency of Indians on the mobile platform is increasing the study revealed that almost 95% of Smartphone users are very dependent of their devices.
As per the survey, Indians lead globally in app booking and data roaming plans. Close to 75% of Indian use their Smartphone or tablet to make hotel reservations, which is the higher than that in any other country. Almost 68% of the Indians according to the survey have purchased an international data or roaming plan for their mobile device(s) while travelling away from their home network.[useful_banner_manager banners=25 count=1]
Although, it is not at all surprising but the report also reveals that with only 28% of the Indians using desktop for travel booking the second lowest globally, it is becoming an obsolete instrument.
Commenting on the highlights of the survey, Vikram Malhi, MD, Asia, Expedia, said:
“We decided to conduct this survey to understand the booking behavior of the neo-Indian traveler. The findings clearly suggest an increasing dependency on the mobile platform. Indians lead in app booking and data roaming plans globally. In fact, 75 per cent of the Indians — the figure is the highest among all the countries surveyed — are those who have used an app on their smartphone or tablet to book accommodation.”
Some very important stats related with Digital India:
• 86% Indians own/use a Smartphone
• with 18 per cent of Indians owning/using smartwatch, India has the highest number of the device owners globally
• India has the second highest number of Google Glass owners i.e. 6%, after South Korea (8%)
• 85% of Indians currently have and use a laptop, which is 4th highest in the world after Denmark (89%), Austria (86%) and Norway (86%)
• At 88% India ranked fifth in number of people who bring their Smartphone with them on leisure trips
• With 47%, Indians rank second highest in carrying laptops with them on leisure trips after UAE (48%).
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.