NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Service Companies) was going to hold its biggest national event, NASSCOM Product Conclave (NPC), for which they wanted to create a buzz and excitement among the Indian tech entrepreneurs, tech industry leaders, thought leaders and industry investors by making them aware about what is going to happen and significant topics to be covered by speakers. They also wanted to share interesting insights with those who missed the conclave.
The global trade body and the non-profit organization, NASSCOM choose social media to accomplish their goals and ran various social media marketing campaigns. Within three days, the event saw almost 1500 speakers and over 5000 participants. In fact, the event became one of the largest interaction platforms for mentors, investors, entrepreneurs and think-tanks. The event also showcased over 50 next generation product startups in front of industry leaders.
• To reach out to the stake holders creating a buzz and excitement around NPC event.
A multi staged social media strategy was planned for the event that was divided into two parts -Pre Event and Live Phase.
Pre event campaigning were done to create a buzz and awareness around the event while the Live phase involved live updates, contests and interactions on various social media.
• Keynote speakers were introduced with interesting insights on their companies and the posts were linked to personalized blog posts on NPC blog.
• A Tweet chat was arranged with Vijay Anand from Intuit and the participant who asked the best question was incentivized with a GOQII.
• Posts that pushed out the speakers and topics being discussed under the 14 tracks at NPC 2014 were designed and circulated across all social media channels
• The sessions of each summit and speakers were introduced through posts on each of the summits that were designed specifically for it
• Timelines and blog posts were created to display the growth of companies founded by some of the speakers at NPC.
• Interesting insights shared by the speakers at the NPC were live tweeted and shared in order to spark some interesting conversations attracting everyone to participate in it even those who missed the event.
• A competition was held for the most effective tweets using the hashtag #NPC2014 on the 30th and 31st of October 2014 and winners were promised a GOQii and shopping vouchers worth INR 5000.
• A contest was also run asking people to tweet interesting pictures of the Conclave using the hashtag #NPC2014 tagging @GOQiiLife and a GOQii was given to the person behind the best picture on each day of the summit i.e. 29th, 30th and 31st of October
• People were invited to tweet a cool pitch from their startup’s handle with dual hashtags: #Pitch #NPC2014 and again a GOQii was given to the person behind the best pitch along with a chance to pitch to a panel of star investors – Vishal Gondal, Rajan Anandan & Dave McLure.
• People were asked to ask questions that they’d like answered during the Summits and a GOQii was given to the person behind the best question for each summit. Questions can be tweeted using dual hashtags.
For NPC Seed Summit – #NPC2014 #Seed
For NPC Design Summit – #NPC2014 #Design
For NPC Growth Summit – #NPC2014 #Growth
For NPC Early Stage – #NPC2014 #Early
For NPC Innovative Devices, – #NPC2014 #Devices
• 13,000 tweets were generated
• Almost 9000 interactions took place on Twitter
• The tweets reached over 209 Million users
• #NPC2014 trended on Twitter
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.