Last updated on November 28th, 2016 at 11:02 am
1) Jaipur based online payment gateway firm Razorpay has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Flipkart’s Punit Soni. Razorpay aims to revolutionize online payments by providing a simple, affordable and secure way for small businesses, startups and other traditional SME organizations.
2) Zenparents, a Bangalore based web content site for parents has raised seed funding of $500K from i2india ventures. The funds will be utilized for the expansion of the company outside Bangalore.
3) Newgen Payments, a cloud based payment solution provider based out in Delhi has raised seed funding of an undisclosed amount from co-founder of GlobalCollect Jan Manten. The company has plans to invest the fund on technology and manpower.
4) An on-demand service marketplace, UrbanPro based out in Bangalore has raised $2 million in Series A round of funding from Nirvana Ventures Advisers. The company is planning to use the funding in expanding the service to other categories and cities. They have also major plans to improve their products.
5) Bangalore based on-demand business messaging firm Goodbox has raised $200 K seed funding from Manipal group. The company is a B2C based communication app which enables business owners to communicate to the customers over chat process. The funds are to be used in product development and launching iOS app of the company.
6) Hyderabad based online home décor firm Renderlogy has raised $1 million in Series A round of funding from Astarc Ventures. The company is also planning to raise $5 million in Series B round of funding by the end of this year. According to the company, the funding will be invested in expansion of the services and move to other cities of Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Raipur and Jaipur.
7) Postman, a Bangalore based API management suite has raised seed funding of $1 million from Nexus Ventures Partners. The company has open plan to have an office in San Francisco this year and increase manpower.
8) New Delhi based hotel accommodation portal Casa2inns has secured Series A round of funding of $5 million from Accel Partners, Kalaari Capital. The funding will be utilized in establishing a footprint in India and further in enhancing technology.
9) FleetRover, a Goa based end to end Fleet management firm has raised $180 K in seed funding from Tim Chen and Sanjay Venkat. The company will invest the fund in developing its technology and scaling up the Fleetover operations.
10) On-demand truck service provider TheKarrier raises $234K from Sol Primero, Outbox and Niking Jain. The company is based out in Bangalore and has planning to invest the current funding in its expansion to 5 more cities by the end of the year and increasing the number count in manpower.
11) Bangalore based self-driven car rental service Zoomcar has secured $5 million in fresh round of funding from its existing investors Sequoia Capital. The company has plans to invest the funding in expansion process.
12) Hyderabad based weight loss app Truweight has raised an undisclosed amount in Series A round of funding from Kallari Capital. The funding will help the company in brand building across the country.
13) Bengaluru based start-up Ather Energy, which deals in e-bike, has raised funding of $12 million from Tiger Global. The firm will spend the funding on development, testing, production and the launch of the electric bikes which will be expected to come in the market in next year.
14) kWatt Solutions (kSPL) dealing in economize renewable products has received a funding of $0.5 million from a real estate house in Indore. The company will utilize the fund in product and technology development.