1. Mobile services marketplace UrbanClap has raised $10 million in Series A round of funding from the existing investors SAIF Partners and Accel Partners.Earlier, this year it had raised around $1.6 million in seed round from SAIF Partners, Accel Partners and Snapdeal founders-Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal. The company will invest the raised amount to scale its operations in pan-India, strengthen technology and increase its employee base to over 500.
2. Stayglad, a mobile marketplace for beauty services, has raised angel funding from a group of investors including Sahil Barua, cofounder of Delhivery, Tracxn Labs and a few others. The platform helps customers to get beauty services at their homes by trained and certified professionals using standardized procedures. The company will use the fund in its expansion to other cities and launch its mobile app.
3. AdWyze, a Bangalore based marketing automation technology startup, has raised $1 million from investment bank Mape Advisory. The company has built a digital marketing automation and optimization platform for enterprises and SME advertisers. The company will soon launch a product for Google within the next month.
4. Mumbai based hyper local home solutions startup Zimmber has raised a new round of funding of $400K from InMobi’s founding team Naveen Tiwari, Amit Gupta, and Mohit Saxena. Alongside Zimmber has also acquired Dhulai, a Mumbai-based startup that provides laundry services. The company has plans to invest the raised amount to build its technology platform, hire new talent, and expand into other cities including Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, and other tier two and three tier cities.
5. Bengaluru based lingerie boutique, Buttercups has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Kanwaljit Singh, Angie Mahtaney and others. The fund will be utilized in developing the brand, and expanding its product quality offerings on the portal.
6. Rialway information providing mobile app RailYatri has raised an undisclosed amount of funding led by Helion Venture Partners, along with Omidyar Network and existing investors Blume Ventures and Ujama Ventures. The company will utilize the funds “to reach out to every train traveler in India and consolidate its product leadership in the domain. Following this deal, Helion Venture Partners’ Rahul Chandra will join the RailYatri board.
7. A hyper-local grocery delivery service AAGAAR.com, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from a group of investors. The company will use the funding in re-structuring its portal, augmenting warehouse infrastructure and improving its delivery setup. The company has started its services in parts of Gurgaon.
8. Flatchat, the app for students and bachelors to find accommodation and flatmates, has raised $2.5 million from CommonFloor.com. The company will utilize the funds in hiring engineers, to scale up operations and expand to other cities. Flat.to launched its mobile app called Flatchat in October and shut down its website to go mobile only, adopting the Flatchat brand name.
9. A finance-related services provider to clients across industry verticals MyCFO has raised $1.5 million in Series A round of funding from Monik Koticha of the ASK Group. The raised amount will be utilized towards technology upgradation, geographical expansion and investment in senior talent.
10. Bangalore based on-demand shipping services startup Parcelled has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from logistics company Delhivery and Tracxn Labs. Parcelled has plans to utilize the received amount to strengthen its technology and back-end infrastructure along with its expansion to at least eight cities over the next six months.
11. Bangalore based Business IT intelligent services startup Retigence Technologies has raised an undisclosed amount from Omnivore Partners. The funding received will be utilized in research and development efforts, launching new products and targeting clients globally.
12. Chennai based analytics platform Cloudcherry Analytics has received seed funding of $1million from The Chennai Angels and IDG Ventures India. The company helps brands track, measure and improvethe customer satisfaction, and provides real time analytics for various departments of the company through its suite of products.
13. HandyHome, an on-demand electronics service startup has raised $630K of seed funding from Bessemer Ventures and Kae Capital. The company will use the money to enhance its technology, hire more talents and mark its presence in 10 more cities in the coming two months.
14. Online ed-tech startup platform iDreamCareer has raised its second round of seed funding led byah!Venturesand 11 others including Vivek Joshi, Mohit Satyanand and Indian Designs Group. The company will use the fund in expansion in India and Middle East and upgrading the product line.
15. India’s largest taxi aggregators Ola cab, a Bangalore based cab rental mobile platform has received undisclosed amount of personal investment from Ratan Tata for some stake in the company.
16. Bangalore based IT infrastructure services firm NxtGen has raised $13.5 million in Series B round of funding from International Finance Corporation (IFC), Axon Partners Group and Intel Capital. The fund will be used on expansion and completing a high-density data centre facility in Bengaluru and increase investments in cloud infrastructure.
17. Online financial marketplace BankBazaar has raised $60 million in SeriesC round of funding led by Amazon and others include Fidelity Growth Partners and Mousse Partners. The funds will be used towards technology integration, hiring and strengthening partner relationships and to creating an end-to-end customer experience.
18. Bangalore based online marketplace of pre-owned cars Gozoomo has raised around $5 million in Series A round of funding from SAIF Partner. The fund raised will be utilized to strengthen its operations, technology and product leadership, said the company in a release.
19. Gurgaon based an IOT startup Zenatix, has raised $161K from Google’s Vice President for South East Asia, Rajan Anandan along with Snapdeal co-founders Kunal Bahl & Rohit Bansal.Other investors include Investopad’s Rohan and Arjun Malhotra, Sunil Kalra, Ericsson technology head ManojDawane and former UTC India head Zubin Irani.The funding is supposed to be utilized towards product development and offering solutions into different cities apart from NCR region.
20. Jaipurbased online language learning platform CultureAlley, has raised $6.5 million in Series A round of funding from Tiger Global Management and other investors including existing investors Kae Capital and 500 Startups.
21. GOQii Technologies, a startup which offers a device that helps customers track fitness, has raised an undisclosed amount in pre series A round of funding from Vijay Shekhar Sharma, founder and CEO of Paytm.The company had also raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from WhatsApp’sNeerajArora and Marco Argenti in August last year.
22. Ahmedabad based yet to launch custom Merchandize e-commerce platform Gingercrush has raised a seed funding of $1 million from GokulJaykrishna and Brand Capital.