Last updated on August 13th, 2015 at 11:39 am
1. Mobile devices account for 52% of paid search clicks – Yet another reason to optimize your campaign for mobile ads.
2. Mobile phone listing works: 70% of mobile searchers call a business directly from Google Search.
3. 1 in 3 searches on Google is local. Yes, 33% of searches on Google are related to location.
4. The keyword “insurance” is the most expensive keyword: Cost? average $55 per click! “loans” and “mortgage” are the next 2 most expensive at around $45/click.
5. Google’s cost per click actually dropped by 11 % in Q4 of 2014 while Yahoo-Bing’s increased by 6%.
6. The top 3 paid ad spots get 41% of the clicks on the page.
7. The first AdWords ad goes back to year 2000 and it was for live mail-order lobsters.
8. Businesses make an average of $2 in revenue for every $1 they spend on Adwords.
9. Spending on PPC Ads rose 12% year-on-year in the fourth quarter of 2014.
10. 6%-8% of mobile users are more likely to click on PPC ads that contain phone numbers.
11. 52% of people who click on PPC ads still go on to call the advertiser.
12. PPC Phone leads are three times more likely to convert.
13. Inbound calls are worth 5 to 10 times the value of form fill leads.
14. 78% of local searches on mobile result in offline purchases.
15. Over 40,000 search queries are processed on Google every second. That’s over 3.5 billion searches per day and 1.2 trillion searches per year worldwide.
16. Over 93% of online experiences begin with searches.
17. 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
18. The paid search industry is worth $34.9 billion worldwide – bigger than radio advertisement ($29.5 billion), outdoor advertising ($23.6 billion) and cinema advertising ($2.9 billion).
19. The industry is still growing. It is on the course to become $61.1 billion industry by 2016 and projected to grow 75% more in next 5 years.
20. Average cost per click on Google Adwords rose by 26% between 2012 and 2014.
21. 91% of companies have annual PPC budgets of more than $500,000.
22. 83% of company leaders said that they felt “good or very good” about the PPC market.
23. 85% plan to focus more on their landing pages and conversion rate optimization.
24. Mobile is growing at an astounding rate and accounts for 20% of the global PPC.
25. Google reports that 74% of mobile consumers used a search engine as part of the research process and 93% of people who used mobile to research made a purchase.[su_box title=”More Stats from DSIM:-” box_color=”#c7c7c7″ title_color=”#000000″ radius=”5″]1) 30 Random Facts and Stats about Google AdWords
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.