1. MyTaxiIndia, the online car rental startup, has raised $500K in pre-series A round of funding from Japan’s largest taxi service company Nihon Kotsu Co. The deal was facilitated by GHV accelerator. It offers taxi rental solutions for city tours, out-station travel and holidays, for both B2B and B2C clients. The funds will be deployed to strengthen technology infrastructure and bring more vehicles on the platform.
2. Delhi based e-commerce platform eSadar is the largest wholesale market of household items, toys, imitation jewelry, Indian traditional clothing and stationery. This portal is self-funded by the founder Neha Vats and Gaurav Vats with the funding amount of $80K.
3. New Delhi and Houston based machine learning platform Actionable Analytics, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from B M Gupta and Vinod Singhal. It allows institutions, enterprises to rapidly build predictive models from the datasets already on the cloud.
4. Delhi-based startup MyPoolin, a mobile social network that allows friends to split payments for a variety of uses, has receives $250K at the fifth edition of Qprize, Qualcomm Ventures’ early-stage investment competition. MyPoolin had previously raised a round of seed funding from angel investors including Google’s Rajan Anandan.
5. Daily deals and local commerce company Groupon India is being rebranded and will now be called ‘Nearbuy’ has raised $16 million in its Series A round of funding from Sequoia India. Groupon looks forward to see Nearbuy achieve its vision to become the leading local commerce company in India.
6. Chennai based Inkmonk, an online marketplace for merchandise printing has raised about $250K in an angel round of funding led by a group of angel investors via LetsVenture. The funds will be utilized for expansion focusing mainly on hiring, product expansion and sales and marketing.
7. ToneTag, a global offline proximity based mobile payment technology based out in Bangalore, has raised $1 million in funding from Reliance Capital’s Venture fund. The fund will be used mostly for hiring technical, sales and marketing resources to enable merchants accept cashless transaction.
8. Gurgaon based Grey Orange Robotics that provides automated on-demand robot services for logistics and warehouse management has raised $30 million in Series B round of funding led by its existing investor, Tiger Global Management. With the raised funds, the company plans to focus on R&D of its new products, expand its executive team and accelerate its international expansion into Asia Pacific, Middle East and European Markets.
9. Bangalore based LivSpace, an end-to-end home design and decor service provider and curated marketplace for homeowners and designers has raised $8 million in an internal round of funding led by its existing investors Helion Ventures, Jungle Ventures & Bessemer Venture Partners. The fresh fund will be used by the company to expand in metros, enhance content design and technology, hire senior talents across verticals and build innovative mobile and designer oriented products.
10. Kolkata based quick service restaurant (QSR) chain “Wow! Momo” has raised $16 million from India Angel Network (IAN). The raised fund will be used to develop a “core group”.
11. Pune based RainCan, a subscription based online grocery platform dealing in home delivery of dairy, meat, bakery, fruits and vegetables has raised $100K seed funding from Ajeet Khurana and a number of other undisclosed individuals. The startup will use the funds to strengthen its customer base and improve supply chain infrastructure.
12. Technology focused private equity firm Zodius Technology Fund has led a $20 million round of investment in Allygrow Technologies. Allygrow Technologies is an engineering services startup founded by former CEO of Mahindra. The company plans to use the fund to set up its operating infrastructure, build a global team and make strategic acquisitions.
13. Infogain, a global business and IT consulting leader, has raised $63 million of private equity fund by ChrysCapital. Infogain will use the fund to increase its solution offerings, pursue strategic acquisitions, explore new geographies and accelerate the expansion of its employee base.
14. OneAssist, a startup that offers customers credit card and smartphone protection in case of loss or theft, has raised $7.5 million in Series B round of funding from insurance services provider Assurant Inc and existing investors Lightspeed Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital India. The company will use the funds in team expansion, and to target the 300 million debit and credit card holders and 150 million smartphone users in India.
15. BigBasket, one of the biggest online grocery stores in India, has raised $50 million in its Series C round of funding led by its existing investor, Bessemer Venture Partners. BigBasket, which recently expanded into the Delhi-NCR markets, plans to use the funds to expand into 50 more Tier-II cities.
16. Sheroes, a jobs and career community for women has raised $7.7K in an angel round from Raghav Bahl and Ritu Kapur led Quintillion Media, 500 Startups and a group of individuals, including Vijay Shekhar Sharma, Rajan Anandan, Binny Bansal, Mekin Maheshwari, Girish Mathrubhootham, Indus Khaitan, and Krishna Mehra. The company plans to deploy the funds in building the community and improving the product.
17. Scripbox, an online mutual funds investment platform, has received $2.5 million in Series A round of funding from Accel Partners and a group of leading angel investors. The company will use the funds to expand its operations, consolidate its presence in the market and grow its customer base.
18. Noida based Betaout that makes marketing personalization software for e-commerce companies, has raised $500K in seed round of funding from People Group founder Anupam Mittal, Ibibo Group founder Ashish Kashyap, Redbus co-founder Phanindra Sama and other investors from India and US. This funding will be used to invest more in technology and ramp up sales effort.
19. Mumbai based Massblurb, a digital marketing tool that solves the issue of engagement between restaurants and their users has raised an undisclosed amount in an angel round led by MumbaiAngels and LetsVenture. The raised fund will be utilized to strengthen the operations and expand across India and potentially expand across international markets in the next 6 months.
20. Pune-based AgroStar, an m-commerce company that sells agricultural inputs directly to farmers has raised $4 million in a round led by IDG Ventures along with the participation of its existing investor Aavishkaar. The company will use the funds to expand to new states and enhance its technology and strengthen the tech and leadership teams.
21. Venture capital firm Lightspeed Venture Partners has raised $135 million as it looks to double down on the country’s booming startup ecosystem. The firm will use the funds to invest in around 20 to 25 early-stage startups, mostly through a seed round. The company will also invest in Series B stages of various startups.
22. IFMR Holdings, a leading financial inclusion platform in India, has raised $25 million in Series B round of equity funding from Accion, LeapFrog Investments and Lok Capital. Of the total investment, Accion has made $12.5 million, LeapFrog spent $9 million and Lok Capital invested $3.5 million. The fresh fund will allow IFMR Holdings to increase its footprint across India.
23. Mobile social networking app VoxWeb, which lets users attach a voice clip to pictures taken on their smartphones, has raised $100K in its seed round of funding from Jitendra Gupta, the co-founder and managing director of Citrus Pay. The startup was incubated in IIT Kanpur in 2014 by Yash Mishra, and has apps for iOS and Android. The app has less than a thousand installs on Google Play and an overall rating of 4.5 stars.
24. Ahmedabad based logistic service platform Trukky has raised $245K in seed funding from Gujarat based angel investors and MMY co-founder. Trukky has taken an initiative to organize one of the most disorganized segments of the 3PL supply chain cycle, facilitating the information flow between consumers and fleet owners/operators to achieve not only optimum resource utilization but also a cost effective value stream.
25. Delhi based on-demand marketplace for beauty services, VanityCube, has raised seed funding from a group of angel investors. The funds will be deployed in expanding company’s technical capabilities, marketing and expansion into other cities.