Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:56 pm
1. A marketplace for all types of educational content and tele-mentorship programmes, Edu4share, has raised seed funding of $210K from a group of angel investors including Nalin Jain (President and CEO at GE), a McKinsey & Co Director and other angels. The raised amount will be deployed to develop a mobile-app for user engagement and increase its portfolio to include distance learning providers and professional tutors who can sell content online.
2. Bangalore based YourStory.com, a news portal that covers startups and investment activity, has raised $5 million in its Series A round of funding from Ratan Tata, Kalaari Capital, Qualcomm Ventures, and former Infosys board member T V Mohandas Pai. Founded by Shradha Sharma in 2008, the portal has published over 20,000 stories of entrepreneurs. The firm plans to launch India’s first tech product that will publish original stories in Hindi, Telugu, Bangla, Kannada, Tamil and Marathi.
3. Mumbai based Sampurn earth, a social impact startup, has raised $160K in its first round of funding from Intellecap Impact Investment Network (I3N) and a Zurich-based family office fund.The startup provides waste management solutions to municipal bodies, corporate parks, homes and educational institutes. The freshly raised fund will be used for scaling up the model.
4. Tech enabled fitness app, Orobind has raised an undisclosed amount in pre series A round from its existing as well as new set of investors. The proceeds will be used to launch a new subscription service Orobind Access, which aims to reach a broader audience. Previously, it had raised $200K from a group of angels led by Harpreet Singh Grover (cofounder of Cocubes) and Zishaan Hayath (leading for Powai Lake Ventures).
5. Fixy, a Mumbai based startup that provides on demand maintenance services has raised seed funding from members of VentureNursery, an angel-backed accelerator for startups. The company will use the money raised to create a technology infrastructure for the customers and vendors. By automating its platform, Fixy hopes to scale operations and improve efficiencies.
6. Delhi based MSM Box, a curated platform that offers beauty products on a subscription model, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from angel investor Rohit Goel. MSM Box, will use the money to ramp up its technology infrastructure, scale product development and support overall expansion plans.
7. Shadowfax, a Gurgaon based hyper-local delivery service startup for restaurants and retailers, has raised $300K in angel funding from Snapdeal’s co-founders Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal, Powai Lake Ventures’ Zishaan Hayath and Limeroad co-founder Prashant Malik. The company, which is currently functioning in Delhi-NCR, will use the money to expand its operations into 10 more cities by the end of the year.
8. Media Group NDTV’s new e-commerce venture Gadgets 360°, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Noida-headquartered One97 Communications Ltd, which owns mobile commerce and virtual wallet property Paytm, valuing the company close to $50 million.
9. Delhi based Roposo, a mobilefirst platform to discover trending fashion items, has raised $15 million from Tiger Global. Founded by Mayank Bhangadia and Avinash Saxena, ex-CTO at Zomato, the app lets users browse through curated lists and recommended products from various e-commerce sites.The firm had raised $5 million in March this year, following a seed funding round from Flipkart’s Binny Bansal and India Quotient.
10. IntelligenceNode, a Mumbai data analytics startup that helps brands optimize merchandising strategies, has raised $4 million in Series A round of funding. The company plans to use the money to add the staff needed to build out platform, and may look to the United States for growth. With customers such as Tata and Jockey, IntelligenceNode reports that its revenues have grown 450% since its initial funding.
11. HyperVerge, a deep-learning startup by IIT-Madras graduates, has raised a seed funding of $1 million from US-based venture capital firms, including NEA, Milliways Ventures and Naya Ventures. Founded in 2014, the company uses deep-learning technology to analyze and organize photos across all devices. The fresh capital will enable the company to expand into the US and position itself as a strong contender in the space of image recognition.
12. Gurgaon based Twyst,a startup that assists food & beverage (F&B) outlets to acquire and retain customers through deals, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from a clutch of investors comprising Rohit Bhatia (Partner at Taplow Executive Search), Sunil Nikhar (CEO of Digilant Solutions), Vaibhav Domkundwar (Founder & CEO, Better), Siddharth Nautiyal (formerly with Bessemer Ventures), and others. The proceeds will be use consolidate its position and expand the offering beyond a customer engagement platform. Founded in 2013, the company claims to have a user base of over 150,000.
13. Mumbaibased IDfy.com, an online platform providing verification services to help users manage their profiles, has raised a fresh round of venture capital funding from New Enterprise Associates (NEA) with participation of existing investor Blume Ventures and others. The company allows users to create a virtual identity by scanning and uploading their identity documents and getting their credentials verified. It also allows organizations to conduct online background checks of employees.
14. Bangalore based startup Uber Health Tech Pvt Ltd has built a social wellness app for corporate use named Zoojoo.be. The wellness app recently raised $1 million in series A round of funding from US-based VC fund RoundGlass Partners. The company incubated at the NSRCEL at IIM Bangalore will use the funds for enhancing the product which has over 35000 users and clients across the globe like Mindtree, Unisys, GE, etc.
15. Fashionove, a Kolkata based listings and review portal for hyper-local fashion retailers, has secured an undisclosed amount in angel funding from cricketer Umesh Yadav. The portal is currently operating in Kolkata and has over 800 boutiques on board. The money will be used to augment technology and for data aggregation/expansion. The company also plans to expand to Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru soon.
16. Mumbai based Timesaverz, an on-demand marketplace for home services, has raised $2.3 million in Series A round of funding from Ronnie Screwvala’s Unilazer Ventures. The company will use the funds to expand into new markets, bolster technology infrastructure and strengthen product portfolio.
17. Mumbai based online platform for women’s luxury wear Envoged.com, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Nijhawan Group’s Ankush Nijhawan, Mediology Software director Manish Dhingra and AMG Investment’s Gaurav Bhatnagar.Former Canaan Partners’ MD Alok Mittal, Anant Goenka of Indian Express, Bollywood actor Jackky Bhagnani and Aspiring Minds CEO Himanshu Aggarwal also participated in this round. The funds will be used to scale up the company’s reach and to strengthen its technology backbone.
18. Local search listing platform AskMe will be investing $20 million in online furniture marketplace MebelKart over the next three quarters, in return for a majority stake exceeding 75%. The remaining stake would be held by promoters. The investment will help AskMe and MebelKart to acquire a share in the furniture marketplace category.MebelKart had been apparently struggling to fulfill certain order size and this investment would help it to scale operations.
19. New Delhi based visual blogging platform bluegape has raised $600K from a clutch of investors, including ah!Ventures and Times Internet. The company will use the funds in expansion and hiring talent.
20. Match-making portal Matrimony.com has set the ball rolling on its much-awaited initial public offering (IPO), expected to be the first by an Indian internet company after Justdial’s successful listing in June 2013. The Chennai-based company has signed on Citigroup Global Markets, Deutsche Bank and Kotak Mahindra Capital as investment bankers to the upcoming issue and is eyeing a valuation of $450-500 million.
21. Delhi based LabsAdvisor, has raised $156K in an angel round led by a group of Indian & international investors. The HNI’s participated in the angel round are from companies like Barclays Capital, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank and Strategy. The proceeds will be utilized to expand its operations as well as to enhance its technological offerings on the platform. Founded in 2015 by Ashish Bhatia, the company offers services like diagnostic tests, genetic tests, blood tests, MRI, CT-Scan, X-Ray, online diagnostic reports, pathlabs, radiology labs.
22. GetLook, a beauty service provider at home, based out in Bangalore has raised an undisclosed amount of angel investment. The raised amount will be used for expansion to 6 more cities in next 2 months, for marketing purpose, building up the technology, and to arrange a professional.Founded in April 2015 by Gaurav Maheshwari, Ronak Sharda and Vatsala Kothari, GetLook has around 6000 users and is doing 800+ appointments per month with an average ticket size of INR1750.
23. Bangalore based ePoise Systems, a startup which automates interviews and enables talent analytics, has raised over $500K from VC firm Orios Venture Partners, Slideshare co-founder Amit Ranjan and other investors.The company has also launched its Job Interviews app that lets people find jobs, select and directly take interviews from their smartphones, at any time, from anywhere.