1. LinkedIn’s user base now stands at more than 365 million people and counting, up 40 percent year-over-year.
2. Most LinkedIn users (90.9 percent) use the free version of LinkedIn, and the rest have an upgraded paid account. Most users (51 percent) have between zero and 500 first-degree connections on LinkedIn.
3. The biggest group (47.6 percent) only spends between zero and two hours on the network per week. Only 10.5 percent of users spend more than eight hours on LinkedIn per week.
4. LinkedIn is now responsible for a staggering 64 percent of all visits from social media channels to corporate websites. In contrast, Facebook accounts for 17 percent of such visits, while Twitter is just 14 percent.
5. Top level executives primarily use LinkedIn for industry networking (22 percent) and promoting their businesses (20 percent). Middle management professionals primarily use LinkedIn to keep in touch with other people (24 percent) and industry networking (20 percent). Entry-level employees primarily use LinkedIn for job searches (24 percent) and co-worker networking (23 percent).
6. Citi’s managed group on LinkedIn, Women & Co., grew to 43,000 group members in just four months. The group has highly engaged and active members, with 30 to 50 percent returning weekly, resulting in 17,800-plus discussion comments.
7. uTest, the largest marketplace for software testing services in the world, claims that 50 percent of its paid inbound leads come from LinkedIn, making it the company’s most cost-effective online marketing channel.
8. L’Oreal is the most engaging consumer packaged goods brand on LinkedIn.
9. Google has the largest presence on LinkedIn, with a whopping 3.6 million followers. IBM is close behind with 2.5 million followers, and Hewlett-Packard comes in third with a little more than 2.1 million followers.
10. The 10 most-liked brands on LinkedIn are all B2B.
11. 84 million of LinkedIn’s 365 million users are in the U.S.[su_box title=”More From DSIM:-” box_color=”#c7c7c7″ title_color=”#000000″ radius=”5″]1) 20 Mobile Marketing Stats You need to Know in 2015
3) 30 Random Facts and Stats about Google AdWords
Learn from real practitioners not just trainers.