Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:49 pm
1. Gurgaon based B2B 24×7 on-demand delivery startup, Quickli, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from 500 Startups and from some high net worth individuals. The raised funding will be used in team expansion and going deep with a limited set of customers and region.
2. India’s biggest taxi-hailing service, Ola cabs, has raised $30 million in a private equity round of funding from investors led by China’s dominant car-hailing app Didi Kuaidi. The new funding round will drive Ola’s new car leasing program which will add 10,000 new drivers on its network.
3. Paytm, India’s leading mobile payment and e-commerce platform, has raised $680 million from Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding and its financial arm Ant Financial Services. The funds will be used to scale operations and develop its vibrant mobile commerce and payment ecosystem in India, and also for marketing, technology and talent.
4. Mobile advertising platform InMobi, has raised $100 million in private equity from a consortium of lenders led by US-based Tennenbaum Capital Partners. It provides mobile advertising services. It develops an ad serving algorithm that helps in optimizing the ranking of the ads served on mobile phones.
5. Gurgaon based hyperlocal grocery delivery service PepperTap, has raised $36 million in Series B round of funding led by Snapdeal, existing investors Sequoia India and SAIF Partners, with participation from new investors like Ru-net, JAFCO, and BeeNext. The funding will be utilized to expand its presence to 75 cities across India by the end of the current financial year. Apart from the expansion plans, it also plans to invest in strengthening its technology and supply chain capabilities.
6. Pune based machine learning startup, Hugefly, which provides online search services to e-commerce firms, has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding from Mayank Singhal, Director at Temasek Holdings’ and others. The raised capital will be used by the company to increase its team and upgrade systems and operations.
7. The Chennai Angels (TCA) invested an undisclosed amount in activity-based social network Brigge. It is a social platform where people can discover and participate in activities happening in their areas of interest.
8. Zakoopi Infotech Pvt Ltd, the New Delhi based company behind offline apparel discovery platform Zakoopi, has raised $350 million in seed funding from Uniqorn Ventures. The funding will be used by the company to expansion and beefing up its product and technology teams.
9. Consumer lending marketplace Loancircle, has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Toppr.com co-founder Zishaan Hayath, Trifecta Capital MD Rahul Khanna and other investors. The funds will be used by the company to expand its team in the areas of risk, technology and operations.
10. Infoworks, an automated big data management startup with engineering operations in Bangalore, has raised $5 million in Series A financing from Nexus Venture Partners, Knoll Ventures and other investors. The capital raised will be used by Infoworks to expand its management team.
11. Asset light budget accommodation startup, RedDoorz, has raised $1 million in seed funding led by Jungle Ventures. The startup offers budget accommodation owners access to expert advice & assistance to standardize their offering and directly distribute online via RedDoorz technology platform.
12. A fully indigenous mobile operating system First Touch targeted at enabling next 500 million users to connect to the internet in their native language, has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding led by Kunal Bahl and Rohit Bansal from Snapdeal, Pranay Chulet from Quikr, Naveen Tiwari and Amit Gupta from Inmobi and Mayank Singhal from Temasek. The startup aims at bridging India’s digital divide by bringing millions of rural consumers online.
13. A digital signal processing technology startup, Eywa Media, has raised $1 million in seed funding through ah! Ventures, US based Viktor Koenig PE Fund and Mantra Ventures. The startup will use the funds in technology building and scaling its reach in focused countries.
14. Droom’s founder and ex-Shopclues CEO, Sandeep Aggarwal invested an undisclosed amount in performance based wholesale marketplace, Wydr. The company is also in talks with potential investors for another funding round in order to raise around $2 million as fresh funds.
15. VC firm Sequoia invested $6 million in Backwater Technologies, the startup behind Chillr app. The startup plans to use the funds for customer acquisition.
16. A startup that enables product discovery and shopping from any website or app Shopalyst, has raised $2 million in venture capital funding from Kalaari Capital. The raised capital will be used in team expansion and to reach out to global markets.
17. Alok Mittal, former India head of Canaan Partners, launched Indifi Technologies that would enable country’s micro and small enterprises to gain greater access to debt financing. The startup raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Accel Partners and Elevar Equity along with Pramod Bhasin (founder and former CEO of Genpact), Rajan Anandan, Gaurav Dalmia, Abhishek Goyal, Gagan Hasteer and Arun Tadanki.
18. Movie-on-demand platform, Muvizz, has raised $350 K in angel funding from three Singapore based investors. The funds will be used to increase traffic to the website.
19. AbhiBus is a bus ticketing platform, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Mobile wallet turned eCommerce marketplace Paytm. Abhibus used to have its own mobile wallet service for bookings. That service has been closed. AbhiBus had previously raised funding from promoters of BS Ltd.
20. One97 Communications Ltd, which runs a mobile wallet and e-commerce marketplace Paytm, has invested in YC backed income tax filing website ClearTax. ClearTax was launched in 2011. Besides allowing people to file their tax returns, it also offers a cloud platform for Chartered Accountants and tax professionals in India.