1. Online cosmetic and wellness retailer, Nykaa, has raised around $9.5 million in Series B round of funding from various investors that included Harsh Mariwala, Atul Nishar, Dalip Pathak and Michael Carlos. The funds raised will be used in market expansion, marketing and hiring talent.
2. Fashion jewellery and accessories e-tailer, Voylla, has raised $15 million in Series B round of funding from Peepul Capital. The company will use the funds in enhancing its technology, brand building, enhancement of manufacturing capacity, and for offline expansion.
3. Delhi based credit and financial technology startup, IndiaLends, has raised $1 million in its Bridge round of funding led by existing investors DSG consumer Partners and Siddharth Parekh. The raised funding will be used to expand operations in 7 cities, grow its product suite, enhance technology and engage the best talent in the sector.
4. Premium shopping marketplace, Rock N Shop, has raised $150 K from high net individuals. The round was closed with the support of Enablers. The raised capital will be used towards enhancing its technology infrastructure, hiring talent and increasing the number of luxury labels on its platform.
5. Online platform for healthcare professionals from India, DocPlexus, has raised over $700 K from Uniqorn ventures and Austria based ASP Consulting. The newly raised funds will be used at capturing medical professionals around the market to develop a strong medical networking market and launch its product on iOS.
6. Geo positioning based product company in the blue/grey collar job portal, WorkIndia, has raised $500K in Pre-Series A round of funding led by Satyen Kothari, Keshav Sanghi, Riddhesh Gandhi & Others. The company plans to utilize the funds to enhance its tech product and increase customer penetration.
7. Bangalore based sports and fitness education venture SportzVillage, has secured around $10 million in Series B round of funding from mid-stage private equity firm Gaja Capital. The new funding will be used to extend its operations.
8. Pune based SportyBeans, a startup running sports programmes for kids, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Yuvraj Singh’s YouWeCan Ventures. This is YouWeCan’s ninth startup investment in just six months, and has picked 10%-15% stake in SportyBeans. The funding will be used by the company for its expansion.
9. Gurgaon based fast food chain Burger Singh, which operates under the company name Tipping Mr Pink Pvt Ltd, has raised $500K in bridge round of funding from investors including Ashvin Chadha, Dheeraj Jain, Udan Angel Partners and Avtar Monga. The current round of funding will be used for expansion in the NCR region around the capital.
10. Health care technology platform focused on alternate medicine, Welcome Cure, has raised $6 million in pre-series A round of funding from two angel investors. The raised capital will be utilized for marketing and expansion activities.
11. Technology-led specialized academic services organization, Schoolguru, has raised $3 million in Series A round of funding led by family offices of few HNI investors in India and the US. The funds will be used to enhance its tech platform and content library to provide an improved learning experience to students.
12. Mumbai based online organic food marketplace, Naturally Yours, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from angel investor Sanjay Mehta. The company will use the proceeds to expand to new product categories, increase the product range, and expand the core and the support team.
13. E-commerce major Snapdeal has invested $20 million in logistics firm Gojavas to help it expand operations in the country. The funding will be used by gojavas to expand its footprint to include 100 more cities within the next 6-12 months.
14. Micromax made an undisclosed amount of strategic investment in Scandid, a mobile first product and savings discovery platform. The funding will be used by the startup to reach the last mile customer and strengthen its position in the market.
15. Online fast fashion brand, StalkBuyLove has raised an undisclosed amount in a series-A funding from a clutch of investors, including former Rocket Internet CEO Mato Peric and AECAL partner Peter Kabel. The company will use the funds to accelerate the growth and drive profitability.
16. Mobile-based aggregator, ZuperMeal, a marketplace and delivery service for home-cooked meals, has raised about $2 million in Series A round of funding from chef Sanjeev Kapoor, Ravi Saxena, co-founder of kitchen appliance maker, Wonderchef and two foreign partners for an undisclosed stake. The funds will be used to scale up operations in the country.
17. The maker of gesture technology, Cube26, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from VC firm, Tiger Global Management. The raised funds will be deployed in developing new technologies and expanding its team in over next few months.
18. A customer engagement and marketing platform for restaurants, Mobikon, has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from Life, SREDA and Qualgro. The funding is a part of Life. SREDA’s Accelerator Programme in which Mobikon was chosen among 8 tech startups. With the raised funds the startup plans to invest in creating new tech infrastructure and provide restaurants with better products and faster upgrades.
19. Online home rental start-up, Grabhouse, has raised $10 million in Series B round of funding from its existing investors, Sequoia and Kalaari Capital. The newly raised capital will be utilized to strengthen its presence in existing cities, build technology capability and launch new verticals.
20. Tech-driven logistic company focusing on the light commercial vehicle segment, Quifers, has raised $307 K led by Indian Angel Network (IAN) and Smile Group. The proceeds will be used for expediting business expansion to other cities, enhancing the technology platform of its products & services and hiring talent to strengthen its core team.
21. Hyderabad based Stockroom.io (Stellar Software Technologies Pvt Ltd) has raised $70k in seed round of funding led by an undisclosed angel investor. The startup helps coders create their portfolio with just a click using Github signup. The newly raised funds will be primarily used for team building and product development.
22. A medical networking app that enables safe and secure communication between doctors, Curofy, has raised an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A round of funding led by US-based VC firm, RoundGlass Partners. The startup will use the funds for product development, marketing and hiring resources.
23. Cloud Lending Solutions, a technology provider to marketplace lenders and other finance companies, has raised $8 million in Series A venture funding led by SF Capital Group. The raised funds will be used for market expansion and further development of the company’s engineering and innovation capabilities.
24. On-demand healthcare marketplace, Inayo, has raised $300K in a seed round of funding from Kemark Ventures, Amit Ranjan, Zishaan Hayath and few others. The funds will be used for expansion to 22 cities and enhancing the product features.
25. Online classifieds venture Quikr has invested an undisclosed amount in A N Virtual World Tech Ltd, the company that runs hyper-local search engine providing 360-degree street views under WoNoBo.
26. Noida-based a networking website for the advertising and marketing community, Kulzy, has raised over $1million from Seedfund and Bedrock Ventures. It currently focuses on the Indian advertising and marketing community but soon plans to expand to international markets such as Singapore, Hong Kong and later Malaysia.
27. Zeppery, an app that allow users to pre-order food at restaurants and other food outlets, has raised $77K in an angel round of funding from doctor cum angel investor Suyash Sharma. The app is developed by Delhi-based startup Inweone Technologies Pvt Ltd. The company will use the raised funding for marketing the app and acquiring B2B clients, essentially restaurants and food courts in Delhi-NCR. It is going to launch its operations by next week.
28. Hyderabad based Zify, which lets people share rides on the go via its platform, has raised $190K in an angel round of funding from Sean O’Sullivan of SOS ventures and two Hyderabad based angel investors. Sean was also an early investor in Netflix & Guitar Hero. The raised funds will be used in improving technology & marketing.