1. Online P2P lending marketplace, Faircent, has secured an undisclosed amount in Series A round of funding from TV Mohandas Pai led Aarin Capital Partners. With this, Pai will also join the board of Faircent as advisor and will ensure the leadership in credit appraisal technology and mobile.
2. B2B marketplace for industrial goods, Bizongo, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Accel Partners. The funding will be used to build a unified platform for businesses in the plastics, chemicals and packaging industries to buy and sell products/raw materials.
3. Gridle, a productivity platform for work, has raised $100K in a seed round of funding led by Jyotsna Bapat. Besides, other angel investors who participated in this round included Gaurav Zutshi, Rohit Kilam and Sanjay Tekale. The funding will predominantly be utilized to broaden sales pipeline and scale up operations.
4. Online global travel community for travellers Tripoto, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding led by 500 Startups, IDG Ventures & Advantedge fund. With the raised funds, the startup aims to strengthen its leadership in technology, content and community.
5. Mobile technology startup, Mubble, has raised an undisclosed amount in Series A round of funding from Accel Partners. The funds will be utilized in the expansion of its tech team and product design.
6. Voodoo, a mobile only shopping assistant app has raised $1 million in seed funding led by SAIF Partners. The funding amount will be used to build a unique, mobile-first global shopping experience.
7. Lookup, a free and secure messaging app that connects shoppers with local businesses, has raised $2.5 million in Series A round of funding led by Vinod Khosla’s personal fund Khosla Impact. The round also saw participation from Twitter co-founder Biz Stone, Narayana Murthy’s Catamaran Ventures and Global Founders Capital. The funds will be used to expand the merchant base.
8. AskMyGift, an app that makes the entire gifting process easier, raised $50K in a pre-seed round from Ashish Mittal, Chief Mentor of TurningIdeas incubator and an angel investor. The startup is also in advanced talks with a few VC firms to raise around $308K in seed funding soon.
9. Micromax made a strategic investment in music streaming app, Gaana.com. As a part of partnership Micromax phones will have the Gaana app pre-installed.
10. Zappfresh, an online raw meat vendor, has secured $77K in angel funding from a few undisclosed investors. The startup plans to enhance its technical infrastructure, product catalogue and presence to new cities.
11. A fitness discovery platform, GymTrekker, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from angel investors Dewang Neralla, Roopak Taneja and Manisha Gupta. The funds will be used to expand its existing platform.
12. Nanolocal commerce app, Bounty, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed round of funding from Fireside Ventures, Mumbai Angels and MAPE Advisory Group to expand into other cities, add new retail categories and enhance product and technology stacks. The round also saw participation from Basab Pradhan and Apurva Salarpuria.
13. C2C online real estate marketplace, Homers.in, has raised an undisclosed amount in its first round of funding from a group of investors including Devesh Rai G, Amitpal Bhutani and Rajesh Aggarwal. With listings in excess of 4500, the company plans to expand its presence to six cities by end of the current fiscal. The funds will also be utilized in creating technology differentiators, customer acquisition and expansion.
14. New Delhi based mShipper is a crowdsourced delivery platform that connect senders to shippers, has raised an undisclosed amount in a seed round of funding from a Delhi based Angel Vijai Laxmi. The funds will be used on product enhancement, advertising as well extend its operations in Delhi/NCR. Currently, the company is live with its beta version and its Android app is about to be launch very soon.
15. BoIRealty, a crowdsourced portal on real estate and allied sectors, secured an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Manpreet Singh. The platform that receives content contributions from more than 100 leading real estate developers, aims to build a network of around 10000 citizen journalists and bloggers across the country who’d report in on the latest realty scenario as well as buyer experiences in their respective locations.
16. Homigo, a platform that provides working professionals with fully-furnished houses on sharing basis, has raised $200k in seed funding from unnamed individual investors based out of Bangalore and abroad. With this round of funding, the startup plans to expand only in Bangalore and aims to reach 500 beds.
17. Zify, which lets people share rides on the go via its platform, has raised $190K in an angel round of funding from Sean O’Sullivan of SOSventures and two Hyderabad based angel investors. The startup will use the raised funds in improving technology & marketing.
18. Parampara Capital has invested an undisclosed amount in an engineering automation software provider, S-Cube. The funds will be utilized for product development and strengthening company’s presence in Asian countries.
19. Online holiday destination discovery platform, Holidify, raised $1 million in an angel funding round led by Aarti Industries. The startup will use the funds to strengthen its technological capability.