Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:46 pm
1. Marketplace for startup funding, LetsVenture, has raised an undisclosed amount in Series A round of funding led by Accel Partners and co-led by Anupam Mittal, founder of Shaadi.com. The round saw participation from HNIs like Nandan Nilekani, Rishad Premji, Kunal Bahl, Rohit Bansal, Girish Mathrubootham, Amit Ranjan, Barun Mohanty, Rahul Mehta, Aseem Chauhan and others. Sharad Sharma, founder of iSPIRT and Sanat Rao, Partner (M&A) at iSPIRT joined the advisory board of LetsVenture.
2. Payment solutions company, Citrus, has raised about $25 million in Series C round of funding led by Sequoia Capital and Ascent Capital, with participation from eContext Asia and Beenos Asia. The latest round valued the company at $90-$100 million.
3. A SaaS-based order fulfilment platform, Primaseller, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from existing investors, Dr. Aniruddha Malpani, Manish Gupta, Singapore based M&S Partners and a group of angels led by Ananda Kallugadde to expand its team, experiment with multiple growth levers and evaluate the best way to win the fast growing SME space in Indian retail. The company also roped in Raghunandan G, co-founder and CEO of TaxiForSure on its Board of Advisors.
4. B2B hyperlocal delivery startup, Opinio, has raised $7 million in Series A round of funding from logistics company, Delhivery, Sands Capital and Accel Partners. The company will use the funds for expanding to newer cities. Also, Delhivery’s Founder and CEO, Sahil Barua will join Opinio board.
5. Health tech startup Attune Technologies, has raised $10 million in Series B round of funding from Qualcomm Ventures and Norwest Venture Partners. The company plans to use the raised capital in expanding its operations in India and accelerate its growth into international markets like Africa, West Asia and South-East Asia.
6. A gourmet meals startup, iChef.in, has raised undisclosed amount of funding from Springboard Ventures, an investment company of media house Times Group’s holding company, Bennett, Coleman & Co Ltd (BCCL). The company is planning to expand its service in 10 cities in next 18 to 24 months.
7. A startup that offers personalized nutritionally balanced, calorie monitored and chemical free food, Jiyo Natural, has raised undisclosed amount of funding from Indian Angel Network (IAN). The round was led by Rajiv Mehta and Sumit Dhingra, who will also, joined the board of the company to mentor and nurture the team and venture.
8. Mobile first CRM solution for real estate agents Agentdesks, has raised about $2.95 million in a seed round of funding from Sierra Ventures, Cota Capital and Vegas Tech Fund and few others. The startup will use the raised capital to strengthen its engineering team.
9. A gesture technology startup, Cube26, has raised over $7.7 million in seed round of funding led by Tiger Global and Flipkart. The startup will use 85% of the funding for technical upgradation and R&D, foray into new areas such as Iota, B2C products and more B2B tie-ups.
10. SalezShark Inc, a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) platform provider, has raised $2 million funding from Saif Ahmad, co-founder and president of the US-based Xavient Information Systems.
11. A diagnostics booking app, Medd, has raised $150K in a bridge round of funding from a group of angel investors. The round saw participation from doctors, senior management of pharma, ecommerce and investment banking. The company plans to use the funds to expand its network of service providers, increase its team, strengthen technology interface and initiate marketing and branding efforts.
12. Foodtech startup, Leaping Caravan, has raised $150K in funding from a group of angel investors. The startup will use the raised capital for business expansion, stringent marketing, technology enhancement, manpower acquisition and expanding operations.
13. Mumbai based craft beer maker White Owl Brewery, has raised $1.5 million in Series A round of funding from angel investors, including Amit Patni Group’s family office RAAY and Arihant Patni. The company plans to expand its craft beer products to numerous restaurants and bars in Mumbai and eventually through traditional retail channels across India.
14. MealHopper, a food-tech company which connects users with local cooks for homemade meals, has raised $100k in seed funding from Alok Bajpai and Rajnish Kumar, co-founders of ixigo.com. The raised funding will be used to expand operations across the NCR region and to grow its team from present 9 members.
15. On-demand meal service startup Frsh.com, has raised under $1 million in a bridge round of funding from Mumbai Angels, Roposo co-founder Mayank Bhangdia and existing investor Kae Capital. Frsh.com, run by Gurgaon based Fingertip Foods Pvt Ltd will use the money for expansion.
16. Bangalore based rental platform, Zenify, has raised $640 K in angel round of funding from a group of investors including Srikanth and Bharath from K12 Techno Service and Atul Jalan, founder & CEO of Manthan Systems. The company will use funds to further enhance its technology and analytic capabilities.
17. Bangalore based personalized stock intelligence platform, Stockal, has raised an undisclosed amount in angel round of funding from R Natarajan, Mohan Alexander.
18. Delhi based Flexing It, an online marketplace for consultants and on-demand expertise, has raised $500K in an angel round of funding from private investors. With the new round of funding the startup plans to expand its services across India and other geographies where huge demand exists for such services.
19. Delhi based Qik Stay, a hotel branding and aggregator startup has raised $250K in seed round of funding from venture capital firm, I.D. Enablers Pvt. Ltd. Qik Stay will use the funds to expand its services across the country.