Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:44 pm
1. Chandigarh based Jugnoo, a hyperlocal delivery and auto rickshaw hailing app, has raised $10 million in a series B round of funding from Paytm. The startup will use the funding for expanding to other metros.
2. Gurgaon based food marketplace startup, Twigly, has raised $2million in a seed round of funding from TracxnLabs and Angels: Amit Gupta (Co-Founder, Inmobi), Aloke Bajpai (Co-Founder, Ixigo), Sahil Barua (Co-Founder, Delhivery), Ashish Kumar (Founder of Staybees and Techriti), along with partners and employees of SAIF Partners. The raised funding will be used to expand its footprint across Delhi in the next three months as well as it also plans to tie-up with third-party hyperlocal delivery companies such as Opinio in future.
3. Cityflo, a Mumbai based private bus aggregation startup, has raised $750K in a seed round of funding from IDG Ventures. The capital will be used to enhance technology, expand the team and for greater penetration in Mumbai.
4. Delhi based online marketplace for professional and lifestyle services FindYahan, has received an undisclosed amount of seed round from Times Group’s Brand Capital. The company plans to deploy the fresh funds to scale-up FindYahan’s marketing activities.
5. Mumbai based Sabse Technologies, a global Wi-Fi first carrier and also the company behind Sabsebolo has raised an undisclosed amount in funding led by Ratan Tata. The raised funds will help Sabse to expand its Wi-Fi first cellular service to customers worldwide.
6. Video advertising and app monetization platform, Pokkt, has raised $5 million in a Series B round of funding from Segnel Venture, Shinji Kimura and Sundar Chanrai. The startup will use the funds in product development, increasing the technology team and global expansion.
7. Food ordering marketplace Boibanit, has raised $150K in angel funding from R Kumar Textile Group’s Varun Ahuja and investment banker Anubhav Verma. The funds will be used to add more restaurants/locations on the platform and upgrade its technology backend.
8. Mumbai based Stuffed, a quick service restaurant & online delivery, has raised $385K in seed round of funding from Riqueza Capital.
9. Consumer lending marketplace operated by Sahas Technologies, LoanBaba, has raised $320K in seed funding from an undisclosed angel investor. The funding will be use for enhancing its technological offerings and marketing strategies.
10. Budget hotel aggregator Deyor Rooms, has raised $500K in angel funding from Redcliffe Capital’s Dheeraj Jain and other undisclosed investors. The startup focuses on pilgrimage towns and tourist destinations space and will use the funds to expand operations in newer cities and step up marketing.
11. Energy management platform Bidgely, has raised $16.6 million in Series B round of funding led by Constellation Technology Ventures (investment arm of Exelon Corporation), E.ON and RWE. This round of funding takes the total funds raised by the company to $24 million.
12. Mumbai based Shirsa Labs Pvt Ltd, which runs and operates education technology startup Shirsa Labs, has raised $250K in angel funding from ah! Ventures. The funds will be utilized to strengthen its team.
13. Mobile advertisement platform, PayTunes, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from CIO Angel Network (CAN). The round was led by Sanjay Mehta and Anoop Mathur along with other members from CAN. The funds will be used for user acquisition, marketing and for improving the product features.
14. An online emotional wellness platform, YourDost, has raised $400K in an angel round of funding from investors like Phanindra Sama, Aprameya Radhakrishna, Aneesh Reddy, Nagesh Grandhi and more. The amount will be used in company’s marketing and expansion needs.
15. Domestic help aggregator, BookMyBai, has raised $150K from 50K Ventures and a group of angel investors led by Vineel Nalla, in its first angel round of funding. The raised funds will be used to expand into more geography by the end of next financial year.
16. Online homestay accommodation listing platform, MyIndianStay, has raised $200K in angel round of funding led by undisclosed investors. The funds raised will help the startup to expand its presence and develop its technology further.
17. A mobile app that converts selfies into comical stickers, Bobbleapp, has raised an undisclosed amount in Series A round of funding from SAIF Partners and other unnamed investors. The amount will be used to expand the app into a full-fledged instant messaging platform.
18. Online reputation management startup, RepUp, has raised an undisclosed round of funding from Indian Angel Network. The funding will be used for acquiring customers from Hotel industry in India and to explore of Southeast Asian market.
19. Online grocery startup SatvaCart, has raised $1.8 million in second round of angel funding. The round was led by three senior executives in the insurance, telecom and investment banking space. The startup plans to use the amount raised to expand to other cities and strengthen its technology.
20. Woman centric lifestyle and fashion content portal, POPxo, has raised $2 million in Series A round of funding led by IDG Ventures, Kalaari Capital along with participation from 500 Startups. The raised funds will enable the startup to broaden its editorial operations in English and Hindi language and plans to scale up video production and new features for its recently-released iOS and Android apps.
21. Iradium Automobiles Private Limited, which owns SparesHub, has raised an undisclosed amount in Pre-Series A round of funding led by Hyderabad Angels and Singapore based M&S Partners. The startup will utilize the funds to expand its operations, improve technology infrastructure and enroll more participants in its marketplace.
22. Event ticketing platform, Explara, has raised $486K in pre-series A round of funding led by Hyderabad Angels including participation from businessman Ness Wadia, Singapore Angel Network and Hyderabad Angels. The funds will be used to roll out a movie ticketing platform next month.
23. Noida based Soothe Healthcare, an affordable personal healthcare products, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from World’s No 1 badminton player Saina Nehwal. The company will use the money to accelerate marketing and branding activities.
24. Gurgaon based food venture Yuvi Hospitality, has raised $15 million from Chandralekha Construction, a real estate firm, which has worked on projects in the national capital region like Wave City, Jaypee Greens & Wave One. The firm will use the funds to open 10 premium dining lounges and cafes pan-India.
25. India based Fortigo, a logistics services provider that will soon be launched by technology industry executives Vivek Malhotra and Anjani Mandal, has raised $2 million in seed round of funding from Nandan Nilekani. The startup aims to improve the quality of transportation services in businesses.
26. An ecommerce data analytics startup, Semantics3, has raised $1.5 million from existing investors, E-Merge and Zillionize. The funds will be used to expand its Indian operations and hire more sales staff and engineers in the country.
27. GymTrekker, an online portal to consolidate structured health & fitness solutions under a single platform, has raised an undisclosed amount from a clutch of angel investors, including MD and CEO of Atom Technologies, Devang Naralla. The investement will help make GymTrekker access untapped markets in metros and tier-2 cities of India.