1. Laundry service platform Flashdoor has raised an undisclosed amount from angel investors, including former Flipkart executive Sujeet Kumar, Flipkart’s chief business officer Ankit Nagori and Tracxn Labs. The funds will be used for technology enhancement and talent acquisition.
2. Absentia, a startup that has built a Virtual Reality Headset, Tesseract, has raised $180K in seed funding from a clutch of investors. The funds will be used for research and development, marketing, manufacturing and intellectual property rights acquisition.
3. Home improvement services platform, Renowala, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Logtally. The startup is expected to be launched by January, 2016 with operations in Hyderabad and Bangalore.
4. A mobile-only tasks marketplace, Taskbucks, has raised $15 million from Times Internet. The startup will use the funds to build more ways for companies to leverage access to its 5 million strong and rapidly growing user base.
5. Ethnic etailer Craftsvilla has raised about $34 million in Series C round of funding led by existing investors Sequoia India and Lightspeed. Nexus, Global Founders Capital and Apoletto also participated in this round. The raised funds will be utilized for marketing and international expansion.
6. Julia Computing LLC, a startup that provides training, commercial support, and consultation for those who use Julia language, has raised $600K from Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation. The startup will use the funds to develop the existing beta level of language and move its core open-source computing language and libraries into its first production version over two years.
7. Online curated fashion and lifestyle startup, Styletag, has raised $7.5 million from Jitu Virwani. The company plans to use the secured funds to expand its range of private labels, acquire a few other designer brands and further strengthen its team.
8. Online discovery platform for premium products & services, Smytten, has raised $200K seed round of funding led by Rimpal Chawla and Anuj Srivastava. With this, the startup will focus on products and services in the premium beauty & grooming segment, luxury stays, high-end fitness & wellness services and consumer lifestyle products & services.
9. Education Technology startup Evobi Automations BiBox, has received $530K in seed round of funding led by Ravi Krishnamurthy, Managing Director at Roofing solutions company, Shadeflex and an unknown investor. With the raised funding, the startup looks to expand sales and launch more products.
10. Edutainment startup, Conve Genius, has raised about $300K in pre-series A round of funding via Enablers. The raised funding will be utilized for product enhancements and expansion of its technology & content aggregation team.
11. India’s largest cab hailing service Ola, has raised $500 million in its Series F round of funding from new and existing investors Baillie Gifford, Falcon Edge Capital, Tiger Global, SoftBank Group, DST Global and Didi Kuaidi. Ola will use these funds to further accelerate its growth in the Indian market with a focus on building mobility for a billion people.
12. Goodbox, an app that connects businesses to consumers, has raised about $2.5 million in Series A round of funding from Nexus Venture Partners. The startup plans to use the funds to upgrade its technology, expand operations and acquire more merchants.
13. Internet media and news startup, Scoop Whoop Media, has raised $4 million in a funding round from Kalaari Capital. The startup will mainly use the funds to expand its video production unit, ScoopWhoop Talkies.
14. Express delivery service platform, Hipship, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Inara Capital and Rishi Khiani. The startup plans to use the funds to further strengthen its technology backbone and expand operations across the country.
15. Delhi based On-Demand Local Logistics provider, Pickrr, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Palaash Ventures.
16. An online freelance marketplace, Truelancer, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed round of funding from Blackstone Valley Group. The funds will be utilized for marketing and to expand the product for enterprise clients to help businesses & individual employers hire quality & skilled professionals.
17. Online taxi booking startup for outstation travel, AHA Taxis, has raised an undisclosed amount of angel funding via ah! Ventures. The company plans to use the funds raised for technology development, marketing and operations.
18. Mobile services marketplace, UrbanClap, has raised $25 million in Series B round of funding led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Accel and SAIF Partners. The funds will mainly be utilized on expansion across all major cities in the country and recruitment.
19. Known for being one of the earliest smartwatch makers in India, SenseGiz, has raised $500K from KARSEMVEN. The secured funds will help the startup boost its marketing activities, foray into new product development and expand its team.
20. Online gourmet food marketplace, PlaceofOrigin, has raised funding from Axilor Ventures. The secured funds will be utilised to scale up PlaceofOrigin’s technology platform, operations and marketing infrastructure.
21. An online jewellery store, Fourseven, has raised around $453K in angel round of funding from Indian Angel Network (IAN). The secured funds will help the startup in expanding its team; grow its customer base, in addition to launching new products and scaling up of technology platform.
22. Cloud-based software that focuses on improving the sales process, MindTickle, has raised $12.5 million in its Series A round of funding led by New Enterprise Associates. The startup will use the funds to help companies with issues related to sales teams.
23. Digital technology company, Shopsense, has raised an undisclosed amount in its seed round of funding led by Kae Capital and Kunal Bahl & Rohit Bansal. The funds will enable the startup to set up a development team and help to enhance its technology further.
24. Location-based app for finding patient-reviewed clinics in the vicinity and booking doctor appointments, Medinfi, has raised about $300K in an angel round of funding from a group of investors. The company will utilize the funds to launch its iOS mobile app as well as expand its operations to 10 Indian cities in coming 2-3 months.
25. An online platform for buying new car, Mynewcar, has raised $250K in seed funding led by a consortium of angels from India and Europe, including Dreamz Ventures GmbH from Switzerland. With the raised funds, the company will expand to cities such as Pune, Delhi and Bangalore. It will also leverage funds to build the company’s technology platform, including mobile application and process automation.
26. Mumbai based Nightlife Discovery Mobile App, OUWT, has raised $150 K seed funding from an undisclosed investor.
27. Education services firm, Karadi Path Education Company Pvt Ltd, has raised $2.3 million in Series A round of funding from Pearson Affordable Learning Fund (PALF) and Aavishkaar India II Company Ltd. With the raised capital, the company aims to reach a broader range of learners, including early childhood & college students and explore new ways to leverage technology.
28. Home health care service startup, Healers At Home, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Daljit Singh, Pramath Raj Sinha, BVR Mohan Reddy and few more angel investors. The startup will use the funding to expand its team and add more services to its offerings, in order to grow tenfold in the next year.
29. The background verification startup, BetterPlace, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Lalitesh Katragadda, the man behind Google Mapmaker. Lalitesh will join the startup as an Executive Board member.
30. HeyPillow, an online real estate marketplace, has raised $3 million in Series A round of funding from Hampton Capital. It will use the funds for enhancing its website and marketing and promotional activities.
31. Bangalore based Caravan Craft, an Indian ethnic crafts etailer, has raised $1.2 million a new round of funding from existing investor, Unitus Seed Fund and others. Other investors in the round included Bijou Kurien, ex-CEO at Reliance Retail and Narayan Ramachandran, ex-country head at Morgan Stanley. The company plans to use the funds towards expanding its footprint across India and international markets.
32. Bangalore based startup Talkoot, a social platform for traders and investors, has raised $100K in seed funding from undisclosed investors.