Current Indian PM Mr Narendra Modi had led the foundation of Campaign for Digital India stand in the country. In one of the biggest and recent push for Digital India mission, Government has launched 23 new programs to empower Indians with Internet and Technology. While inaugurating the new programs, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, the Telecom Minister, asked all states to work with these visionary programs, and move ahead to empower the nation.
The latest push will cater mainly four objectives:
- Digital infrastructure
- Digital empowerment
- On-demand government services
- Promotion of industries
Top 3 schemes launched under #DigitalIndiaMission are:
1) National Centre of Geo-Informatics: With a budget of Rs 98.28 crore for three years, Govt. will develop an enhanced, advanced National Centre of Geo-Informatics. It will be one of its kind GIS platform for sharing and collaborating GIS data source and location-based analytics that will aid central and state governments in planning, decision-making and electronic delivery of services.
2) Payment Bank by India Post: By March 2017, India Post will launch its own Payment Bank across India. In this project, many top financial institutions including World Bank and Barclays have shown interest to become a partner.
3) Data Centre for NIC at Bhuwaneshwara: A new and fully featured 40,000 square feet Data Centre would be launched in Bhuwaneshwara for National Informatics Centre (NIC); which would be fully cloud-enabled. A budget of Rs 189 crore has already been allocated for the project.
Here are all the 23 new schemes announced by the Government under #DigitalIndiaMission:
- Inauguration of Wi-Fi hotspots at Har ki Pauri, Haridwar and Dargah Sharif, Ajmer
- Announcement of Pan India Free Incoming Roaming Facility for MTNL Customers from New Year.
- Launch of Post-Terminals (Rural ICT – RICT) – handing over Post Terminals to rural Post Masters.
- Launch of National Centre of Geo-Informatics
- Launch of e-Payment Portal
- Launch of Olabs for Schools
- Launch of Information Security Education and Awareness (ISEA) Phase-II
- All India BPO Promotion Scheme
- North East Business Process Outsourcing Promotion Scheme
- Transfer of Technology for “ICT Centre on Tactile Graphics” at IIT Delhi
- Announcement of Setting up of NIC Data Centre at Bhubaneswar
- Initiating empanelment for private cloud Services providers
- Digital Locker Mobile App
- Transfer of Text To Speech Technology in 9 Indian Languages
- Digital India Newsletter – English || 7 Digital India Newsletter – Hindi
- Special Manpower Development Program for Chips to System Design
- Launch of ISEA phase 2 programme
- Announcement of Setting up of New STPI Centres
- ToT “ICT Centre on Tactile Graphics” at IIT Delhi ( PH)
- ToT Digital Programmable Hearing Aid (DPHA)
- Cyber Security
- Mobile Towers in Naxalite areas (LWE) in Madhya Pradesh
- Dedication of 10 lakh connections with Next Generation Network (NGN) capacity