Delhi-NCR Based Startups:
1) KartRocket founded by Saahil Goel and Gautam Kapoor: Ecommerce platform enabler for SMEs and retailers, KartRocket, has raised $6 million in a private equity round of funding led by Bertelsmann India Investments (BII). Nirvana Digital India Fund, 500 Startups and Beenext also participated in the round. The raised capital will be used for product development, team expansion, seller ecosystem development and marketing.
2) CashKaro founded by Swati Bhargava and Rohan Bhargava: Cashback & coupons site, CashKaro.com, has raised an undisclosed amount in private equity funding from Ratan Tata. With the raised funds, the company plans to expand to newer markets and pursues an aggressive customer acquisition strategy.
3) DailyObjects founded by Pankaj Garg: Art & design focused personal accessory maker, DailyObjects, has raised about $1.3 million in a private equity funding round from Unilazer Ventures. The round also saw participation from Phanindra Sama, co-founder of redBus, and Peyush Bansal, CEO & co-founder at Lenskart. The funding will be used to launch new lines of personal products that combine functionality with incredible style.
4) Collegedunia founded by Sahil Chalana: Delhi based educational search engine for colleges, courses and exams across India, Collegedunia, has raised $444K in Pre-Series A round of funding from its existing investor, Umang Kumar, co-founder and CEO of Gaadi.com. Started in 2014, CollegeDunia focuses on providing data and information on about 20,000 colleges. It covers areas like fee, placement, alumni record, rankings, awards and extra-curricular activities. The company plans to scale to 70,000 unique visitors a day from 30,000 presently.
5) RedDoorz founded by Saberwal and Kunwar Asheesh Saxena: Budget accommodation startup RedDoorz has raised an undisclosed amount of Pre-Series A round of funding from 500 Startups. The raised funding will be used to intensify its outreach in Indonesia and introduce service offering in other prominent tourist hubs across South-East Asia including Thailand, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
6) Industrybuying founded by Rahul Gupta: B2B online marketplace for industrial material, Industrybuying.com, has raised $1.7 million from venture-debt provider Trifecta capital. The newly raised funds will be utilized to finance the working capital and drive growth in the enterprise arm of the company.
7) IMbesharam founded by Salim Rajan and Raj Armani:com, an adult products e-store, has raised $4 million in a Series A round of funding led by two unnamed US-based angel investors. The company is now valued at $20 million, after the funding.
8) EasyPolicy founded by Alok Bhatnagar: Online insurance policy aggregator, Easypolicy, has raised $2 million in a fresh round of funding led by Unilazer Ventures. The round also saw participation from early-stage investor Anil Jain and Burman Family Office.
9) Qlivery founded by Karan Saharan, Chetan Agarwal, Sonal Saraogi, Shivani Agarwal and Rohit Pansari: Gurgaon-based Invexgo Solutions Pvt Ltd, which runs on-demand concierge services Qlivery, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Chandigarh Angels Network (CAN). The funds will be utilized to scale operations. Some part of the funds will also be used to improve its current set of technology (mobile app and web application) including implementation of artificial intelligence.
10) Gajty founded by Ashish Kumar and Manoj Kumar: Gajty, a wellness chain that has 60 outlets (Spas and Salons) operating in Gurgaon currently, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed round of funding from Purvi Ventures, a US based VC firm & others angel investors. The raised funding will be used by the startup for technology enhancement as well team expansion in the multiple geographies.
11) Skycandle founded by Gaurav Garg, Garima Garg, Aditee Joshi and Vishal Lakkabathini: Online retailer and home decor brand, SkyCandle.in, has raised an undisclosed amount in Series A round of funding led by GPA group. As per the deal, GPA Group’s chairman, Vivek Aggarwal will join the board of the company.
Bangalore Based Startups:
12) Swiggy founded by Sriharsha Majety, Rahul Jaimini and Nandan Reddy: Food ordering app, Swiggy, has raised $35 million in Series C round of funding from Harmony Partners and RB investments. The funds will be infused for technology up gradation, focusing on deeper vendor integration, reducing overall delivery time & cost and enhancing customer experience.
13) Tinystep founded by Suhail Abidi: Parenting-focused social network, Tinystep, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding from Flipkart. The raised capital will be utilized to develop company’s product, enhance user experience and team expansion.
14) Fisdom founded by Subramanya S.V, Ramganesh Iyer and Anand Dalmia: Personal finance startup, Fisdom, has raised $500K from angel investors, including Raghunandan G and Aprameya Radhakrishna (Taxiforsure co-founders) and Sumit Jain (Commonfloor co-founder). Other investors who participated in the round were Rob Chandra (CEO, Avid Park Capital), Wooqer’s Vishal Purohit, Rajeev Chitrabhanu (JM Financial CEO) and Macquarie’s Gaurav Gupta, among others. The funding will be used to build new products and expand its team.
15) CREO founded by Sai Srinivas: Consumer technology startup CREO has received $3 million funding from Sequoia India, Beenext Ventures and India Quotient. The Bangalore based firm will use the funds to produce smartphones by developing a proprietary software OS and the device as well.
16) Little App founded by Manish Chopra and Satish Mani: O2O deals marketplace, Little, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund GIC. The new round of funding is an extension of the July round, in which the company had raised $50 million from Paytm along with participation from Tiger Global Management and SAIF Partners.
17) SnapBizz founded by Yashwanth Prakash and Prem Kumar: Retail technology firm, SnapBizz, has raised $7.2 million in a funding led by Jungle Ventures, Taurus Value Creation, Konly Venture and Blume Ventures. The company will use the raised funding to continue its growth and increase market expansion across cities.
18) Silvan founded by Avinash Gautam, Giri Krishna, Nandakumar Raghavan and Mohan G.: Home automation startup, Silvan Innovation Labs, has raised $500K in a seed funding from The Chennai Angels. The startup will use the raised capital to promote the products on ecommerce sites as well as expand in new geographies. Silvan will use the raised capital to promote the products on ecommerce sites as well as expansion in new geographies.
19) Qubole founded by Ashish Thusoo and Joydeep Sen Sarma: Data-as-a-service provider Qubole has raised $30 million in a Series C round of funding led by Institutional Venture Partners (IVP). Existing investors Norwest Venture Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners and CRV also participated in the round of funding. The funding will be used by the company to expand its flagship product Qubole Data Service (QDS).
20) Localcircles founded by Mukesh Gupta: Online citizen engagement platform, LocalCircles, raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Puneet Dalmia, Managing Director of Dalmia Group. The raised capital will be used to expand company’s services to more causes and citizens.
Mumbai Based Startups:
21) Plick Founded by Kapil Sanghavi: Mumbai based instant content transfer app, Plick.it, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from angel investor Sanjay Mehta. Plick.it, allows users to transfer text, images, URLs from one device to another. A user can instantly send text or images from a web browser to their phone and vice-versa without sending mails or bluetooth etc. The startup plans to utilize the funds to develop its product for multiple browser & OS, as well as to upgrade its server for better speed and response.
22) Indus founded by Rakesh Deshmukh, Akash Dongre and Sudhir B: Fully indigenous mobile operating system, Indus, has raised about $5 million in series A round of funding led by Omidyar Network. Indus OS (formerly known as Firstouch) will use the money to invest in technology, recruit new talent and expand into international markets. Indus OS is currently available in 12 languages including Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu, Assamese and Urdu.
23) Just Buy Live founded by Sahil Sani: An online distributor that connects retailers to consumer brands, Just Buy Live, has raised $20 million in Series A round of funding from Alpha Capital Advisors. The company is focused on 11 categories such as food & beverages, personal care, mobile, electronics, etc., as well as on 23 different retailers. The company is targeting to expand its business to 500 cities and to have one-lakh users by end of 2016.
24) Moodoo founded by Lucy Gadkari: A get-together app, Moodoo, has raised $28K in seed funding from the University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School Seed Fund. The funding will be used towards marketing the app launch in Mumbai, London and Oxford.
25) Saral Designs founded by Suhani Mohan and Kartik Mehta: Saral Designs, a product driven start-up, making affordable and high quality menstrual hygiene products has raised angel funding from prominent investors in the Powai Valley including Farooq Adam, Founder, Fynd and Ambi Parameswaran, Advisor, Former CEO of FCB Ulka Advertising.
26) Housing founded by 12 IITians including Rahul Yadav: Real estate portal Housing has raised $14.7 million in a fresh round of funding from Softbank. The funding comes after the firm went through a restructuring that saw hundreds of job cuts. Last July, the firm had fired its founding CEO Rahul Yadav after a public tussle with the venture capitalist investors. The company will use the funds to drive its new strategies and growth plans.
27) EPS founded by Mani Mamallan: Electronic Payment and Services Private Limited (EPS) has received $35 million in private equity round of funding from the UK-based investment firm Apis Partners. The company will take up minority stake and board representation in EPS. The raised capital will be used to develop EPS’ existing business portfolio and to provide an omni-channel offering.
Pune Based Startup:
28) Firstcry founded by Supam Maheshwari and Amitava Saha: Baby and maternity product retailer, FirstCry, has received an undisclosed amount of investment from Ratan Tata. This is Tata’s fourth investment in this year. FirstCry runs its private label under the BabyHug brand.
Chennai Based Startup:
29) Villgro founded by Mukesh Sharma, Paul Basil and PR Ganapathy: Chennai based social business incubator, Villgro, has completed its first round of fundraising for Menterra Venture Advisors, an impact fund launched for making early-stage investments in startups working in the agriculture, energy, education, healthcare and skilling sectors.
Chandigarh Based Startup:
30) Jugnoo founded by Samar Singla: On-demand auto rickshaw aggregator, Jugnoo, has raised $5.5 million in Series B round of funding led by Paytm and Snow Leopard. The startup will use the raised capital to expand pan-India, launch new offices, improves supply quality, incentives and rewards targeted towards driver welfare.
Kanpur Based Startup:
31) ShabdaNagari founded by Amitesh Mishra, Kaplnesh Gupta opal Sutwala, Amaresh Chandra Misra and Nikhil Tiwari: Hindi social networking portal, ShabdaNagari, has raised $200K in an angel funding from Kanpur Angels and a cluster of other investors. The raised capital will be used in expansion of genres on the website and upgrading user interface.
Ahmedabad Based Startup:
32) PlexusMD founded by Rohan Desai and Binal Doshi and Kinnar Shah: PlexusMD, an online networking platform that connects healthcare professionals and organisations, has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from Patni family scion Arihant Patni, private equity veteran Avnish Mehra and a few other early-stage investors.