Indian Handloom is an ancient and traditional art, flourishing in our country since thousands of years. To encourage the sale of Indian handloom products, The Ministry of Textiles, Government of India has launched a dedicated website, India Handloom Brand (www.indiahandloombrand.gov.in).
Thanks to the efforts of Indian Government, Indian handloom shall now have a global platform where it can be appreciated and admired by one and all.
In one of the major #DigitalIndia decisions, Indian Govt. has launched official website of ‘India Handloom Brand’, wherein both consumers and producers can directly buy and sell products.
Earlier, PM Modi had officially inaugurated India Handloom Brand last year in August. Such branding exercise had been created to identify and acknowledge the uniqueness of Indian raw materials, processing style, embellishment style, weaving, design and “other parameters besides social and environmental compliance.”
- Full details of all registered Indian handloom producers, so that only genuine handloom products from India are being available
- Every product shall have a unique registration number to authenticate the genuineness of the seller
- Details about all e-stores and retail outlets where Indian handloom are being sold, officially
- Description of every product, and tips to identify genuine handloom products
- Registration space for new handloom manufacturers to connect with this website
- A dedicated marketplace type location where bulk buyers/wholesalers, garment traders and consumers can connect
As per Nitin Bawankule, Google Director for eCommerce and Online, an online market for clothes and textile will touch $35 billion by 2020.
With this initiative, Government aims to promote the production of niche handloom products with high quality, contemporary as well as traditional designs, zero defect and zero effect on environment.
The launch of this website is certainly a major move by Indian Government to take the legacy of Indian handloom industry to a global level.[su_box title=”More From DSIM” box_color=”#c7c7c7″ title_color=”#000000″ radius=”5″]1) NEWS: DSIM unveils new center in Kolkata
Watch DSIM Trainees Celebrating Last Day of Batch