Ambitious government initiatives such as Make in India, Digital India, Skill India and Smart Cities have helped generate the momentum that will result in strong hiring activity this year. Hiring in 2016 is expected to continue in an upbeat manner.
In the 2014-2015 financial years, just more than a million work opportunities were created in public employment programme. The Inter-Ministerial Committee on Public Employment Programme (PEP-IMC) is driving government’s effort to create 6 million work opportunities by 2019.
The increased focus on digital initiatives has in turn boosted the growth of the BFSI, Retail and ITes sectors while the Government’s thrust on making in India has seen the Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals and Automobile sectors receive a boost.
According to TimesJobs.com RecruiteX, hiring activity in the IT and telecom sectors has been rising steadily and in November it clocked a 17% rise in demand for talent. Meanwhile, the BFSI sector has also registered a 9% growth in hiring between November 2014 and 2015 while consulting services sector posted a 4% rise.
The Wisdomjobs.com 2016 Hiring Outlook Report takes an in-depth look at the in-demand roles and skills, salary trends and top hiring locations across key sectors such as IT, ITes, BFSI, Retail, Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Automobile, FMCG and Pharmaceuticals.
IT Sector Jobs
- The focus on Digital India, Make in India and Internet of Things will see a rise in demand for entry level candidates. Content writing, digital marketing, quality control, logistics and business development will see high levels of hiring at the junior levels
- Middle and senior level demand will be driven by technology and engineering, EDP and MIS roles
- E-commerce will drive the demand for product development, supply chain management and retail management roles
- Skills in demand will be application programming, cloud computing and big data analytics
- Jobs in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Delhi are expected to see an increase in this sector
- Average salary hikes for the sector are expected to be in the range of 7-10%
Automobile Sector Jobs
- The sector will see demand rising for sales, R&D, digital marketing, technical sales and logistics profiles
- Mid and senior level hiring will see an upsurge for corporate sales, audit and risk, plant management, and financial analysis roles
- Skills in demand will be design and engineering, production, maintenance and project management
- This sector is expected to see a spike in hiring for jobs in Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad
- Salary hikes are expected to be in the range of 11 to 14%
Manufacturing & Engineering Sector Jobs
- This sector will see a rise in demand for civil, mechanical and electrical engineers
- While senior levels will see a demand for production management, quality management and procurement profiles, middle level demand will be for R&D and maintenance profiles
- Skills in managing automated processes will see high demand
- Hiring growth is expected to be the maximum for manufacturing jobs in Delhi NCR region followed by Bangalore and Mumbai
- Average salary hikes will be around 12%
ITes/BPO Sector Jobs
- The sector is expected to see a rise in opportunities in voice process, technical process and telemarketing roles at the junior level
- Middle and senior levels will see an increase in demand for financial analysis, quality assurance, operations and business analysis roles
- Specialists in blended process, customer service and technical writing are expected to be in demand
- ITes jobs in Delhi NCR, Chandigarh and Mumbai are expected to see the maximum increase
- This sector will see salary hikes being linked to key skills and their impact on business performance
Retail Sector Jobs
- This sector will see a demand for buyers, merchandisers, product designers and logistics professionals. E-Retailers will also hire in numbers for content writing and editing, web designing, programming, lead management and technical profiles
- Middle level roles will see an increase in hiring for logistics, finance and marketing professionals
- Skills in demand will be store management, merchandising, channel sales and operations
- This sector is expected to see an increase in jobs in Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata
- Salary hikes in this sector are expected to vary widely starting from 8% and going up to 20% for top performers
Infrastructure Sector Jobs
- This sector will see opportunities growing in Engineering & Construction, Project Management and Sales/Business Development
- Junior levels will also see a rise in demand for HR and procurement professionals
- Skills in demand will be quality assurance, quality control and design automation.
- Jobs in Delhi NCR, Pune, Chennai and Ahmedabad are expected to see the maximum increase in this sector
- Salary hikes are not expected to exceed 7 to 8% at best
BFSI Sector Jobs
- The sector will see a growth in demand for financial analysis and wealth management profiles, driven primarily by the insurance industry.
- Mid and senior level hiring will see a rise for functions such as treasury management and technical valuation
- Skills in demand will be digital marketing, direct marketing and channel selling
- This sector will see a rise in jobs in Chennai, Mumbai and Bangalore
- Salary hikes are expected to be in the region of 12 to 14% for this sector
FMCG Sector Jobs
- The sector is expected to see a rise in demand for roles in digital marketing, R&D, technology support, sales and logistics
- Mid and senior level hiring is also expected to increase in quality assurance, marketing and advertising, business management and IT roles
- Skills in demand will be manufacturing, visual merchandising, production management, quality assurance and supply chain management
- Jobs in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Pune will be on the rise in this sector
- The average salary hike for the sector is expected to be around 12%
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals Sector Jobs
- This sector will see a growth in opportunities in biotechnology, R&D and specialty medicine roles
- Middle and senior levels will see a demand for business management, sales, technology and alternative medicine professionals
- Skills in demand will be analytical chemistry, radiology, physiotherapy and medical imaging
- Pharma jobs in Bangalore, Delhi NCR and Mumbai will see the highest hiring in this sector
- The sector will increasingly see salary hikes being linked to business performance
[su_box title=”More From DSIM” box_color=”#c7c7c7″ title_color=”#000000″ radius=”5″]1) CASE STUDY: How Mahindra & Mahindra accelerated its marketing strategy to be ahead from its competitors?
Watch DSIM Trainees Celebrating Last Day of Batch