Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 05:24 pm
1) Aahaa founded by Asokan Sattanathan: An end-to-end online office supplies superstore specialising in indirect purchases, Aahaa stores, has raised $1 million funding in Pre-Series A round of funding from a group of investors led by Gurgaon-based YourNest Angel Fund. The startup will utilize the funds to fuel market expansion, enhance its technology & infrastructure and for team expansion.
2) Tarusa World founded by Rupali Gupta: An online platform that sells handicraft products, Tarusa World, has raised an undisclosed amount in seed round funding from Mohit Gulat. The startup will use the raised capital to scale up its brand, add more inventory & designs, and to further expand its team.
3) Jabong founded by Praveen Sinha, Arun Chandra Mohan, Lakshmi Potluri: Global Fashion Group (GFG) has infused an additional $20 million into fashion e-commerce company Jabong, to keep it afloat for one more year.
4) Shouut founded by Praveer Kochhar: Social discovery app Shouut has raised $500K in an angel round of funding from unnamed HNIs in India. The startup uses Geofencing and iBeacons to target consumers and give them relevant and contextual information.
5) Tinystep founded by Suhail Abidi: Bangalore based parenting-focused social networking platform, Tinystep, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Silicon Valley entrepreneur and investor Matt Glickman. With this, Glickman will be stepping in as an advisory board member.
6) Zappka founded by Rajan Gupta and Arvind Pal Singh: A personal app store to share, review and discover apps, Zappka, has raised $100K angel funding from former Line Corp India team Damandeep Singh Soni & Rajat Gupta and other High Networth Individuals. The newly raised capital will be used for enhancing the technology and for improving the user experience.
7) IQLECT founded by Sachin Sinha: Bangalore based analytics startup IQLECT has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from the US investors including the founders of VC firms Walden International and Riverwood Capital. The company is building a line-up of clients in e-commerce, financial services, media and telecommunication industries.
8) MoMark founded by Dr. Rajesh Sanghi: A mobile app-based customer engagement platform and mobile wallet aggregator, MoMark, has raised $600K in Pre Series-A round of funding led by YourNest Angel Fund along with participation from LNB group. The startup will utilize the funds to strengthen its technology platform and product offering, increase presence in existing and new markets as well as hire top talent.
9) Skedool.it founded by Deepti Yenireddy and Naveen Varma Alluri: A B2B smart assistant startup powered by AI, Skedool.it, has raised an undisclosed amount in Seed Funding round led by Kludein LLC and angel including Phanindra Sama, Narayan Ramachandran and Pranav Pai. The funding will be used to scale up its product development, accelerate operations and to hire new talent.
10) Systemantics: Robotics firm Systemantics has raised $1.4 million in a private equity round of funding from existing investor Accel Partners and Nandan Nilekani. The startup aims to enable widespread adoption of flexible automation in industry.
11) Vertuals: Actor and entrepreneur Dino Morea have invested an undisclosed amount in the digital content creator for brands Vertuals. The startup allows brands to market themselves better using compelling audio-visual stories.
12) Arcatron Mobility founded by Kunal Kamble, Dewaj Baruah, Laxmikant Banjarey and Ganesh Sonawane: Yet to launch Arcatron Mobility Pvt Ltd, which designs smart wheelchairs, has secured an undisclosed amount of seed funding from Sudhir Mehta, chairman and managing director of Pune-based Pinnacle Industries, and angel investor Anoop Hingorani. The funds raised will be used for product development, and research and development. The Pune-based startup also won $100K worth of free credits from Google to be used across all Google Cloud Platform products, at the recently concluded Surge conference held in Bangalore.
13) IoTfy: A startup that offers a self-serve IoT cloud platform, IoTfy, raised an undisclosed amount in a seed round of funding led by the US-based B2B accelerator 9Mile Labs. The funding was received as a part of 9Mile Labs accelerator program. The startup is currently in talks with Indian investors and will soon close its next round in a couple of months.
14) DriveU founded by Ramprasad (Rahm) Shastry, Ashok Shastry and Amulmeet Singh Chadha: A firm that aggregates on-demand drivers for private car owners, DriveU, has raised $1 million in Seed Funding from Unitus Seed Fund. With the raised capital, the startup looks to expand its network to 100,000 drivers in 20-30 cities in a couple of years.
15) FTCash founded by Vaibhav Lodha, Sanjeev Chandak and Deepak Kothari: Mobile payments platform for micro merchants, FTCash, has raised $148K in Pre-Series A round of funding from the IvyCamp platform. The startup plans to utilize the funds primarily for customer and merchant acquisition along with product development.
Healthcare and Wellness
16) Gympik founded by Amaresh Ojha and Ajay Pandey: Online fitness discovery platform, Gympik, has raised an undisclosed amount in its Pre-Series A round of funding from RoundGlass Partners. The funding will be used to help the startup meet growing demand and expand into new geographies.
17) medECUBE founded by Dilpreet Brar: Healthcare startup medECUBE has raised $4 million in Series A round of funding from Artiman Ventures. The startup helps patients get the second opinion from leading medical experts across the globe, give sound advice on the most appropriate healthcare solutions, help them make up their minds and hand-hold them right through this journey.
18) VanityCube founded by Renu Bisht and Pragya Upadhyay: On-demand wellness and beauty services company Vanity Cube has raised $250K in an early stage round from Unicorn Ventures, friends and family. The startup plans to fund expansion plans and marketing of the brand with the newly raised capital.
19) Testbook founded by Narendra Agrawal and Ashutosh Kumar and Manoj Munna: Edtech startup Testbook has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from publishing house S. Chand and Company. The startup leverages technology to make exam preparation more efficient.
20) Imarticus Learning founded by Nikhil Barshikar: An e-learning portal that offers certified industry-endorsed courses in financial services, business analysis, business analytics & wealth management. It raised $1 million in a funding round from investors like Amit Nanavati, Tashwinder Singh, Anil Gudibande, Taranjit Jaswal and Amit Khanna. The raised capital will be used to expand the e-learning business in India as well as in the Asian Markets.
21) Civilsdaily founded by Shikhar Sachan and Rohit Pande: An online startup that aggregates news relevant for civil services aspirants, Civilsdaily, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding led by Manoj Kumar of Malgharia along with a few HNIs. The raised funding will be used for team expansion, product development and exploring upcoming sectors of news consumption.