Last updated on November 27th, 2016 at 03:55 pm
Consumer Internet Industry
1) Play Your Sport founded by Supriya Mamgain and Varoon Kapoor: Sports tech startup Play Your Sport has raised pre-Series A funding from a bunch of investors led by Ashish Gupta, former chief operating officer of Evalueserve. The funding will be used to ramp up its team, strengthen technology, and expand its footprint across the nation. The company plans to hire over 50 people across functions in the next six months.
2) Consumer Internet Limo founded by Siddharth Sharma, Anshul Khandelwal and Vivek Choksi: Bus aggregator app Limo has raised $1 million from Rainmaker Ventures. This startup is based out in Mumbai focused on delivering urban mobility at massive scale. Founded in 2015, Limo (formerly known as rBus) is focused on delivering urban mobility.
3) Icliniq founded by Suyamprakasam: Bangalore- and Coimbatore-based icliniq has raised an undisclosed amount in angel funding from Erode-based laparoscopic surgeon Madhan Kumar Madathupalayam. The funds will be used for product development and augmenting the firm’s technology backbone. icliniq is also looking to raise its Series A round of funding and has already initiated talks with potential investors.
4) GoGo Truck founded by Vasister Arun and Senthil Kumar: This Chennai-based mini-truck aggregator GoGo Truck, has raised seed funding of $74,400 from a Madurai-based angel investor. The online marketplace focuses on intra-city transport will use the raised fund to consolidate its operations in the Chennai market and expand its services to Hyderabad. A part of the funds will be used for marketing initiatives and brand-building activities.
5) Visit founded by Anurag Prasad, Vaibhav Singh, Chetan Anand and Shashvat Tripathi: Delhi-based on-demand healthcare service provider, Visit, has raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding from technology company MapmyIndia. The startup will use the newly raised funding to further develop the technology being used in the app.
6) Machadalo founded by Jain, Anupam Sorabh, Pankaj Kandhari and Naveen Sharma: This Hyperlocal advertising technology platform run by Mumbai-based Vijaikirti Technologies Pvt Ltd, has raised $175K in a seed round of funding from a group of angel investors. Close to 18 investors, including serial entrepreneurs, fund managers and IIT alumni, have come together to put in money in the startup. The firm will use the funds to strengthen its tech platform and enhance operation.
7) Chikoop founded by Neeraj Sharda and Sudhanshu Goyal: Ad-tech startup Chikoop, which allows advertisers to place ads on free voice calls over the internet, has raised seed funding from two Indore-based industrialists. The new funds will be deployed for expanding the team, enhancing the product and improving user acquisition. The startup is currently in an advanced stage of talks with multiple investors to raise its second round of funding.
8) Atomberg founded by Manoj Meena and Sibabrata Das: This startup working towards building energy efficient appliances has raised $1 million worth of funds from Parampara Capital. Founded by in 2012, Atomberg Technology is modern hardware company which aspires to combine the attributes of energy efficiency and emerging trends like IOT to come up with smart, intelligent and connected electrical appliances that will bring hitherto unheard levels of comfort to the consumers.
9) Vahanalytics founded by Shivalik Sen, Arun Gandhi, Nikhil Tavora and Someshwar Dash: This tech-driven startup which analyses the driving behavior of Indians, has raised $200K in a seed funding round from Venture Catalysts, led by Anirudh Damani, partner at Arth India Ventures and Vikram Lakhotia, managing director of Standard Transport Corporation. The platform captures real-time data about driving habits and road conditions using smartphones, which is then processed and refined by leveraging the power of big data in order to extract useful insights.
10) BRIDGEi2i founded by Prithvijit Roy, Pritam Kanti Paul and Ashish Kumar: Bangalore- and US based data analytics firm BRIDGEi2i Analytics Solutions Pvt. Ltd has secured an undisclosed sum in Series A funding from Edelweiss Private Equity, the private equity and venture capital arm of Edelweiss Financial Services. The funds will be deployed for product development, intellectual property rights (IPR) development, scaling up geographically and augmenting its technology backbone.
E Commerce Industry
11) Droom founded by Sandeep Aggarwal: Gurgaon-based Droom, an online marketplace for used automobiles, has raised an undisclosed amount in its Series B funding round from investors led by venture capital fund Beenext and Japanese internet company Digital Garage. Lightbox, Beenos and other existing investors also participated in this round. The new funds will be used for expanding to newer markets, hiring more people, developing the technology platform.
12) Koovs founded by Rajesh Kamra, Manish Tewari, Kanishk Shukla and Amit Shukla: Indian lifestyle e-commerce venture Koovs.com, has received investor commitment to raise about £20 million ($28 million) from undisclosed investors for stepping up its marketing and working capital spends. The proposed funding is a part of its strategy to reach its overall target of raising £35 million over a three-year period.
13) 1mg founded by Prashant Tandon and Vikas Chauhan: Online pharmacy marketplace 1mg (formerly known as HealthKartPlus) has raised an undisclosed amount of additional funding from HBM Healthcare Investments. The company plans to use the funding for geographic expansion, investing in its technology and analytics platform, building more teams and hiring senior leadership in the next few months.
14) CoutLoot founded by Sahil Khimavat, Jasmeet Thind, Mahima Kaun and Vinit Jain: India based online portal which helps people sell their unused branded clothes and accessories, has raised an undisclosed amount from Venture Catalysts. This will be first ever investment from Venture Catalysts in an eCommerce platform. The raised funds will be used in team expansion, strengthening the technology and to roll out a new program called campus trendsetter in colleges and schools across the country. CoutLoot takes care of an end to end process from curating a product from the users to delivering the same to the buyers.
15) Vyome Biosciences founded by Venkateswarlu Nelabhotla and Shiladitya Sengupta: Delhi-based healthcare startup Vyome Biosciences has raised $75 million from US based Romulus Capital. This investment marks Romulus’ first investment in an Indian firm. Romulus Capital expects to make 4-5 investments more in investments in India over the next two years, especially in seed and series-A rounds.
Food and Beverage Industry
16) Tpot founded by Robin Jha, Asad and Atit: This start-up specialized in ‘chai-nashta’ segment has secured its seed funding from Ashish Gupta, Founder & Trustee of Ashoka University and Co-founder of Evalueserve and the principal investor at Tpot Café. With the infused fund, Tpot plans to expand its presence by taking its outlet count to over 50 by the end of the year. Currently, there are 20 functional Tpot outlets across the Delhi/NCR region. The fund will be used in channelizing the team expansion and on the ideation of introducing innovative products involving tea.